• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Body Is Ready

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
*takes notes*

Excel placed consistently in Puerto Rico though. Remember that.
I'm Puerto Rican. :awesome:
/irrelevant I know

But seriously, I don't really care too much about that kind of thing, because at the end of the day...whether you're in tough Texas like you, hellish Socal like Raz, dead Northeast like Peachkid, top notch Florida like Kyon, Beast Coast like SSR/LLOD, or not insanely hard but still good Midwest like Me/Nicole, what the hell have any of us done on a long term basis so far? Until one of us finally breaks that mold, I don't really care about relative region difficulty. Each region/state/island/foreign country/whatever still has their highest obstacles to climb, which all still have yet to be done. So let's all hop to it.

Let's charge forward as the new face of this character and do work, but also humbly bow to those who were the backbone/foundation of what we now build upon, and never forget the beginning of it all.

/sensationalism

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ummm I'm just gonna sit back and wait for King Beef to come to HOBO 32 so we can have a nice long talk.

z00ted

Thanks, but I don't understand how any of that has to do with anything.

I'll take you up on the offer if I have trouble vs Fox offline in the future. I play it pretty well, imo.

z00ted

I did worse than usual at one tournament, I don't think it was that rough looking back.

Thanks though

NearZzz

Smash Lord
I couldn't disagree more.

Who ever said having a role model is the same as putting said person on an unreachable pedestal above you? Believe me, I encourage independent development...hell I was one of the few around here who didn't really participate in too many group discussions back then or even now because I was busy shaping my own style up from the ground! That doesn't mean that I shouldn't say Excel was/is my role model. He was basically the pioneer of this character's development, whether he was ahead of his time or not. The same could be said about M2K since he was ahead of everyone else except Ally for a good 2 years, and he's still seen as the greatest mind/talent behind his character.

I don't like to dwell on the past too much, but one can't deny that Excel still has the best consistent placings with this character to date, and more tournament wins than any of us. If you can cite anything that even hints at "permanently better than us" from that then by all means do tell; because all I see is someone to shoot towards surpassing, which is something that I've been trying to accomplish ever since the beginning of '09 when his combo video came out and opened my eyes to what this character could do. It's admittedly one of the reasons I'm still pushing forward with this *****.

I get what you're saying, believe me. I just don't agree with not taking a thing or two from the people who've shaped this character up. You'd be surprised what fundamentals you can be reminded of by observing older things. Just trust me on this.
tbh forte was the first good mk.m2k took after him i believe.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
tbh forte was the first good mk.m2k took after him i believe.
I didn't say first, I said he was well ahead of everyone else. Meaning...he dominated everyone and everything except Ally and ADHD for the better portion of those 2 years.

Top Bottom