• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Comeback, thoughts, and analysis of Samus and the Metagame

.45ACP

Smash Rookie
Lol mars lol. I'm not sure how to respond to that comment. It was all a single thought, for me, so perhaps I was subconsciously trying to ingrain into my post that sense of unity by making it a huge run-on sentence?

In regards to the dair, you have to short hop fast fall it, otherwise it'll be too slow, correct?

Alukard

Smash Hero
**** doing that trick on falco ...

its made for the bigger *** fox >_> ... i'm slowly less scared of falco now with samus =]

fox is stupid tho -___-

Watty

Smash Lord
ya u guys are over thinking this **** lol. so the dash attack the reflected missile thing is just a trick i wouldnt base ur entire approach against falco around that thing. if he reflects the missile jump it just jump straight up than when it goes by u if u have the time in the air FF into another missile if he reflects that 1 u should be able to get to him in time so u can attack the bird for reflecting ur ****.

Watty

Smash Lord
ummmm fox can down throw tech chase up smash from a grab patrack

Alukard

Smash Hero
ummmm fox can down throw tech chase up smash from a grab patrack
shame on u for bothering with explaining the obvious to people ... if grabs didn't do much then samus would beat everything except sheik in the game lolol ...

seriously tho ... grab ***** samus thats her most weakest point IMO ...

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
shame on u for bothering with explaining the obvious to people ... if grabs didn't do much then samus would beat everything except sheik in the game lolol ...

seriously tho ... grab ***** samus thats her most weakest point IMO ...
Definitely; aside from the fact that most characters can combo out of grabs they can also shield grab people who make seriously dumb mistakes like forward smashing a shield etc. Samus doesn't have this liberty and as a result has to either upB (for minimal damage and often gets herself punished anyway) or wavedash away and maybe get in a Dsmash in the process.

Samus can combo out of her grabs fairly easily; up throw for fast fallers and down throw for the rest, problem is its not so easy to get grabs... she'd be much higher on the teir list if her roll and grab speed were better.

Pi

Smash Hero
Definitely; aside from the fact that most characters can combo out of grabs they can also shield grab people who make seriously dumb mistakes like forward smashing a shield etc. Samus doesn't have this liberty and as a result has to either upB (for minimal damage and often gets herself punished anyway) or wavedash away and maybe get in a Dsmash in the process.

Samus can combo out of her grabs fairly easily; up throw for fast fallers and down throw for the rest, problem is its not so easy to get grabs... she'd be much higher on the teir list if her roll and grab speed were better.
stop referencing the tier list (not juss you, everyone)
She would be a 'better' character if her roll and grab speed were better.
But, because they are not, she takes a different style to play.
You really gotta know precisely what moves you can WD OoS -> stuff punish, and what moves you simply have to accept UBing.
Crouch cancelling is also an option you may have to resort to.
God I'll tell you, if I could shield grab I could wreck some *****es...but ffs I can't even shield grab falco's Fsmash, wtf is that ;|.
Marth's Fsmash can be shield grabbed, if it doesn't tipper you, or you could wd oos -> stuff

Drecker

Smash Ace
I just realized that if you have a Firefox tab of this thread, it says

"My Comeback, thoughts, and anal..."

lololololol.

Pi

Smash Hero
when you actually surprise someone with your extended grapple
that is satisfying.
Right below that is any time you get people on diff elevations with it (platforms)

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I use extender a lot and youre right. It's satisfying as hell when you get the snaggle. Some of my buddies think it should be banned lol.

♥ Samus' grabs.

melt87

Smash Cadet
@ HugS: did you change your mind about stuff in first post?

I just want to be sure that there is really something else beyond the match ups

Top Bottom