• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Compeditive Team! It needs rating.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
This is the best I can do in an uncreative structure. Give me all you got. If you think I suck, tell me I suck just.... you know "No offence but that is a sucky team". Don't go all out rude and stuff. I don't mind the crticism and all. I use it to help but don't make me feel like I'm pathetic and stuff.

Here we go.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Adamant
252 Atk, 100 Hp, 158Spd
X Scisor
Protect
Sword Dance
Baton Pass

This isn't what it seems like. The reasoning behind the item is due to a garenteed blah defence, he is garenteed to live at least long enough to protect for a speed boost, sword dance for a boosted attack with a secondary speed boost, and the BPass away. The whole set up here is to ensure I baton pass a sped up Ninjask to speed up my other Pokemon and voly around a series of boosted stats. X Scisor is if he is my only remaining Pokemon or I'm up against a Pokemon I can OHKO. I also didn't max out his EVs for Speed simply because he is fast enough and with speed boost, he'll keep getting faster so I didn't need to put a whole lot of emphasis on it EV wise.

Scizor @ Metronome
Technician
Jolly
252Atk, 200Def, 158Spd
Fury Cutter
Iron Head
Pursuit
Baton Pass

Now I expect to see, FURY CUTTER WTF!?!?! Hopefully you're smart enough to see what I'm trying to achieve here. Combines with STAB, the metronome, a BPassed attack boost, technician, and turnly power up, Fury Cutter will very quickly become a killing machine on Scizor. I used the speed up nature, special attack lower nature, because it compliments the speed boost to help assure he goes first while not effecting him negatively. Iron Head is there for STAB and possible flinch, Pursuit is effected by technician, plus with the power boost, it has a good boost in power and wrecks a Pokemon trying to switch on my use of it. I feel I made a good set here. Something I tried to do.

Ambipom @ Muscle Band
Technician
Adamant
252Atk, 200Spd, 158Hp
Double Hit
Aerial Ace
Knock Off
Baton Pass

Now this one is also better than it seems. Providing I pass him a power and speed boost, combined with that, muscle band, technician, and STAB, Double Hit is two super powered strikes. Yup yup! Again, less speed was givin EV wise due to his generaly high speed. Atk was maxed out simply because I'm trying to sweep here. He can't really take a hit but you'll struggle to get that hit in. Aerial Ace is boosted from MB and Technician and goes great on his fighting type weakness. Knock Off is for the ghost immunities, Super Effect, powered from technician, powered from MB, Helps me out with disarming the opponent. Baton Pass is in the extreme situations again say, I'm going to faint and nothing will save me so let's take that Ninjask boost and BPass it to somebody else who CAN help.

Leafeon @ Salac Berry
Leaf Guard
Adamant
252Atk, 200Def, 58Spd
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Curse
Baton Pass

What an odd choice I made; it is good though. I like to curse at my foe. With the boosted speed I'll go first. As my high speed goes down, my already high attack will max out as my defence will go up and as I weaken, the Salac Berry kicks in and gives me a speed boost. If I weaken TOO much, I BPass away or I will quick attack if outrun normally or leaf blade if I know I'm faster. Attack and Defence were emphasised here due to sweeping intentions and the ability to hang on. His Special Defence is low so if I feel that will be taken advantage of I won't switch him in. I know I could pick better than Leafeon for sure and I'd like that dealt with please and thank you if possible.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Filter
Modest
252 Spd, 200 Spec Atk, 58 Spec Def
Psychic
Calm Mind
Hypnosis
Baton Pass

Odd? I know! With a pass speed up he is better. After hushing up my opponent with hypnosis I spam on Calm Mind to boost the special stats. Being his Spec Defence is very high anyway, I didn't pack on the EVs there and instead, use Hypnomind to help him out here. As for physical defence, he is rather fragile which is why I gave him filter so if he is struck super effectively, at least he'll sponge the blow by cutting the damage in half. My emphasis went to speed to ensure he goes first. Special Attack got a fairly big boost here and will get the boost from calm mind. Psychic is there for the offensive strike but if facing off with a dark type, I will obviously switch out.

Gorebyss @ Focus Band
Swift Swim
Modest
252Spec Atk, 150 Def, 108 HP
Surf
Amnesia
Ice Beam
Baton Pass

Another new Pokemon. Here I use my passed stats, work on boosting up my special defence, and BPassing it or sweeping with surf and ice beam from Mimes calm mind. Being his physical defence is already very high I didn't put max EVs on it, I focused on the sweep and HP with only medium Def EVs. With the passed stats anyway he'll do well.

You may think I rely too much on BPass but if I can pull off Ninjasks BPass, I'll be set up very well for at least all but Mimey and Gorebyss will be set for battle. It may seem ugly and risky but I put my all on it and it has failed to fail me. It works extremely well on the sweep and I love this team deeply.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I stopped reading at "Compeditive".

JAY KAY

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Adamant
252 Atk, 100 Hp, 158Spd
X Scisor
Protect
Sword Dance
Baton Pass

This isn't what it seems like. The reasoning behind the item is due to a garenteed blah defence, he is garenteed to live at least long enough to protect for a speed boost, sword dance for a boosted attack with a secondary speed boost, and the BPass away. The whole set up here is to ensure I baton pass a sped up Ninjask to speed up my other Pokemon and voly around a series of boosted stats. X Scisor is if he is my only remaining Pokemon or I'm up against a Pokemon I can OHKO. I also didn't max out his EVs for Speed simply because he is fast enough and with speed boost, he'll keep getting faster so I didn't need to put a whole lot of emphasis on it EV wise.

Focus Sash + HP EVs is silly. Why the strange EV spread? What attacks can you survive, what can you kill, what do you outspeed?

Scizor @ Metronome
Technician
Jolly
252Atk, 200Def, 158Spd
Fury Cutter
Iron Head
Pursuit
Baton Pass

Now I expect to see, FURY CUTTER WTF!?!?! Hopefully you're smart enough to see what I'm trying to achieve here. Combines with STAB, the metronome, a BPassed attack boost, technician, and turnly power up, Fury Cutter will very quickly become a killing machine on Scizor. I used the speed up nature, special attack lower nature, because it compliments the speed boost to help assure he goes first while not effecting him negatively. Iron Head is there for STAB and possible flinch, Pursuit is effected by technician, plus with the power boost, it has a good boost in power and wrecks a Pokemon trying to switch on my use of it. I feel I made a good set here. Something I tried to do.

lol
1. Metronome only boosts power each time a move is selected; Fury Cutter and Outrage-like moves are only boosted once.
2. Why Baton Pass? It doesn't do anything. At all.
3. Bullet Punch is ridiculously more awesome that Iron Head.
4. Why the weird EV spread?

Ambipom @ Muscle Band
Technician
Adamant
252Atk, 200Spd, 158Hp
Double Hit
Aerial Ace
Knock Off
Baton Pass

Now this one is also better than it seems. Providing I pass him a power and speed boost, combined with that, muscle band, technician, and STAB, Double Hit is two super powered strikes. Yup yup! Again, less speed was givin EV wise due to his generaly high speed. Atk was maxed out simply because I'm trying to sweep here. He can't really take a hit but you'll struggle to get that hit in. Aerial Ace is boosted from MB and Technician and goes great on his fighting type weakness. Knock Off is for the ghost immunities, Super Effect, powered from technician, powered from MB, Helps me out with disarming the opponent. Baton Pass is in the extreme situations again say, I'm going to faint and nothing will save me so let's take that Ninjask boost and BPass it to somebody else who CAN help.

Interesting idea for a Baton Pass recipient. Why the weird, hax EV spread? Return hits harder than Double Hit. Much, much harder. Either go with Life Orb or Leftovers, Muscle Band's boost is barely noticeable. Use Payback against Ghosts, Knock Off isn't going to hurt anything unless you have +6 Attack. Aerial Ace gives terrible coverage, go with Brick Break. Baton Pass does nothing for you. Your last move slot is a toss-up considering Ambipom's terrible movepool. U-turn, Seed Bomb, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch are all decent options.

Leafeon @ Salac Berry
Leaf Guard
Adamant
252Atk, 200Def, 58Spd
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Curse
Baton Pass

What an odd choice I made; it is good though. I like to curse at my foe. With the boosted speed I'll go first. As my high speed goes down, my already high attack will max out as my defence will go up and as I weaken, the Salac Berry kicks in and gives me a speed boost. If I weaken TOO much, I BPass away or I will quick attack if outrun normally or leaf blade if I know I'm faster. Attack and Defence were emphasised here due to sweeping intentions and the ability to hang on. His Special Defence is low so if I feel that will be taken advantage of I won't switch him in. I know I could pick better than Leafeon for sure and I'd like that dealt with please and thank you if possible.

Curse + Speed boosts = fail. Replace Baton Pass with Swords Dance. Quick Attack isn't going to hurt anything even if you have +6 Attack. Return and X-Scissor are much better. Salac Berry isn't going to help you at all when you get OHKOd by just about any special attack. Why the weird EV spread?
Replace with, well, just about anything. Lax, Ttar, Hippowdon, Swampert, even Aerodactyl.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Filter
Modest
Psychic
Calm Mind
Hypnosis
Baton Pass

Odd? I know! With a pass speed up he is better. After hushing up my opponent with hypnosis I spam on Calm Mind to boost the special stats. Being his Spec Defence is very high anyway, I didn't pack on the EVs there and instead, use Hypnomind to help him out here. As for physical defence, he is rather fragile which is why I gave him filter so if he is struck super effectively, at least he'll sponge the blow by cutting the damage in half. My emphasis went to speed to ensure he goes first. Special Attack got a fairly big boost here and will get the boost from calm mind. Psychic is there for the offensive strike but if facing off with a dark type, I will obviously switch out.

Why the weird EV spread? Psychic is an incredibly bad offensive typing. Mr. Mime is an incredibly bad Pokemon. Replace with Drifblim or Celebi.

Gorebyss @ Focus Band
Swift Swim
Modest
Surf
Amnesia
Ice Beam
Baton Pass

Another new Pokemon. Here I use my passed stats, work on boosting up my special defence, and BPassing it or sweeping with surf and ice beam from Mimes calm mind. Being his physical defence is already very high I didn't put max EVs on it, I focused on the sweep and HP with only medium Def EVs. With the passed stats anyway he'll do well.

Why the weird EV spread? Why is this Pokemon here? You get walled by Water-types.

You may think I rely too much on BPass
Relying too much != relying on a bad idea
but if I can pull off Ninjasks BPass
Realistically, that only happens once per game
I'll be set up very well for at least all but Mimey and Gorebyss will be set for battle.
Um... no.
It may seem ugly and risky but I put my all on it and it has failed to fail me.
lolwut
It works extremely well on the sweep and I love this team deeply.
What happens when your sweeper is KO'd? Scizor sweeps this entire team, OHKOing everything.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
The reason I put Baton Pass on all six of them was in the case a Pokemon came out I couldn't defeat. I'd just BPass to another of my Pokemon without losing all of the boosted stats. Also, sorry about Ninjasks HP EVs. I meant to put them down under the physical defence.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ninjask can basically out speed everything on there, it doesn't need Choice scarf AND speed EVs. Also, running sword dance on choice scarf?????? That isn't going to do you any good.

The Baton Pass you are going for won't work as well as you want for one glaring reason: today's metagame.

Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Stealth rocks
Taunt
Whirlwind
Roar

You simply have too many things going against you for this team to work, less we forget the weakness to Scizor who can **** your team.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why would you give Ninjask Def EVs?

The only Pokemon you have that doesn't have horrible defensive is Leafeon.
Suppose you pass Scizor +2 Atk and +2 Speed. I switch in my Scarf Heatran. I Fire Blast. You die.
I switch in my CB Metagross into your Ambipom. I Bullet Punch, you die.
Anything that has a special Fire-type move OHKOs Leafeon, and since you have Curse, I can easily outspeed.
...you get the point. Your Pokemon are too fragile to survive any hits and then Baton Pass out.

An example of a good Baton Pass "combo" can be found in XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2's Uber team.

Mew @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/68 Spd/190 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Mew is extremely hard to kill with Dual Screens up and carrying a Lum Berry. Usually I'm able to get at least one Rock Polish and one Swords Dance up before having to pass. 68 Speed outspeeds +Speed Nature, 252 Speed Deoxys-E after a +2 Boost. The Nature and whether to put some EVs into defense could probably use some work, though.
Cool things about this Pokemon:
Can survive many attacks because of it's natural bulk
Can Baton Pass both Rock Polish and Swords Dance
Lum Berry prevents Mew from being completely shut down by sleep or haxed with paralysis
Taunt can prevent Roar and Whirlwind from blowing away your stat boosts
EV spread that does a specific job, and does it well

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 108 HP/252 Atk/150 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

After receiving just 1 Swords Dance and 1 Rock Polish from Mew and Stealth Rock + Spikes, Groudon pretty much OHKOs everything in the Uber Tier except Giratina, which it 2HKOs with Dragon Claw. However, the Lum Berry also prevents Giratina's Will o Wisp from bothering it too much, though I'm still screwed if Giratina carries Roar and I can't OHKO it. And it wont be bothered by Priority moves too much with its amazing Defense and the fact it'll still have a couple turns of Reflect most likely. Once again, Speed EVs to outspeed Deoxys-E.

Rock Slide vs. Stone Edge was kind of an issue for me, but after doing calculations, I found that Groudon killed a 75% Lugia with Rock Slide only like 1% of the time using the "Great Wall" set found on this site, so I decided an 80% chance with Stone edge was still worth it.
Cool things about this Pokemon:
Item that prevents Groudon from being shut down by burn or paralysis
Sturdy defenses allow it to survive attacks from fast opponents
Movepool that hits specific Pokemon, and give good type coverage
EV spread that gives a good balance between offense and defense while being able to take out key threats

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
......I don't like using legendaries. Why the hell do people keep recomending I use the uubers?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lolololol

1. Legendary Pokemon are Pokemon that can normally only be obtained once per play-through and cannot breed. Examples: Mew, Entei, Uxie, Celebi.
2. Ubers are Pokemon that are over-centralizing and / or over-powered. Examples: Kyogre, Mew, Dialga, Garchomp, Wynaut.
3. I never said that you should use Mew and Groudon, merely that you should find a combination like them that is usable in standard play.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
This is the best I can do in an uncreative structure. Give me all you got. If you think I suck, tell me I suck just.... you know "No offence but that is a sucky team". Don't go all out rude and stuff. I don't mind the crticism and all. I use it to help but don't make me feel like I'm pathetic and stuff.

Here we go.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Adamant
252 Atk, 100 Hp, 158Spd
X Scisor
Protect
Sword Dance
Baton Pass

Scizor @ Metronome
Technician
Jolly
252Atk, 200Def, 158Spd
Fury Cutter
Iron Head
Pursuit
Baton Pass

Ambipom @ Muscle Band
Technician
Adamant
252Atk, 200Spd, 158Hp
Double Hit
Aerial Ace
Knock Off
Baton Pass

Leafeon @ Salac Berry
Leaf Guard
Adamant
252Atk, 200Def, 58Spd
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Curse
Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Filter
Modest
Psychic
Calm Mind
Hypnosis
Baton Pass

Gorebyss @ Focus Band
Swift Swim
Modest
Surf
Amnesia
Ice Beam
Baton Pass

You may think I rely too much on BPass but if I can pull off Ninjasks BPass, I'll be set up very well for at least all but Mimey and Gorebyss will be set for battle. It may seem ugly and risky but I put my all on it and it has failed to fail me. It works extremely well on the sweep and I love this team deeply.
i dont even know where to start...............

Riddle

Smash Lord
So you just decided to quote the whole thing and just say that? Wow, that was sure productive.

And just so my post isn't useless I'm going to give some advice. Check out smogon.com and read as much as you can about competitive pokemon. Try to make sure you have it all figured out beofre you post something like this.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
...or you could read our handy-dandy guide to competitive Pokemon.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry. I want to post a good team but I just don't feel up to it. You should consider toning down the insults though. You've posted numerous times here, mre of them are souly to attack me rather than to help out.

I just don't understand how a team I've never lost with gets so much ****.

I'd also like to add that I've read the guides, twice being I read them before and after I joined here. I know what a good team is and a bad team is. I'm sorry I chose not to mirror the Pokemon set ups you have on Smogon or sample teams and stuff. It seems if the only way to make a good remark come from you guys is when I mirror the stuff you put up.

Even though I've won over a thousand times with that team it means squat as you somehow seem to ignore that and say it sucks. But of course my prediction is that you'll just say the people I battled sucked. Not a chance. I had them mimic your ideal teams and set ups and stuff and I still moped the floor with them.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
First off, Annoying isn't being insulting, but brutally honest.

Now, let's get to work.

- Annoying is right, your team is very frail.

- If you're running a Focus Sash on Ninjask, what is the point of HP EVs? In theory you die in any 2 hits no matter what, so HP EVs seem like a bad idea.

- Bullet Punch >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron Head any day. Scizor is really slow as it is. The priority helps alot.

- Double hit < Return

- Leafeon is where I get confused. Why are you running curse if you're trying to keep Ninjask's boosts? Just use Swords Dance. Keep the speed, +2 atk.

- Heatran or Scizor will **** your entire team, watch out.

- That being said, Vaporeon pretty much walls your entire team as well.

But yeah, this team needs some help. You lack type coverage, and because of that, a lot of pokemon can come in, and quickly **** your entire team.

EDIT:...Is is me, or did Annoying say everything I said? Why did I bother posting?

D

Deleted member

you guys are obviously being trolled. don't be douchebags.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1. Metronome only boosts power each time a move is selected; Fury Cutter and Outrage-like moves are only boosted once.
I thought that Fury Cutter was different from the likes of Rollout/Outrage, in that you can choose to use it again, or not.

>_>

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I thought that Fury Cutter was different from the likes of Rollout/Outrage, in that you can choose to use it again, or not.

>_>
Smogon said:
The power of an attack is increased by 10% on each consecutive use, up to a maximum of +100%, i.e. double its original power. The boosts are lost if the holder uses another attack or switches out. The boost is only applied on multiple selections of a move, not multiple executions. This means that moves that lock the user into the move for multiple turns will not boost for each time the user attacks, only when they select the move again.
If a Pokemon uses a move that selects another move (for instance, Sleep Talk), Metronome's bonus will increase when that move selects and attack, and do nothing (neither boost nor reset the counter) when that move fails to select an attacking move.

10smogons?

WouW

Smash Lord
I'm sorry. I want to post a good team but I just don't feel up to it. You should consider toning down the insults though. You've posted numerous times here, mre of them are souly to attack me rather than to help out.
Don't mind them, they just like being total d**ks when they see a non-standard team. To be very honest, though, your team isn't really good, but it's not that bad as everyone makes it seem it is.

Do note that you should actually heed annoying's and leafybug's advice to improve, and don't go whining 'OMG THEY SAY MY TEAM SUCKS WHAAAAAHH :'( :'( :cry: :cry:'.

I just don't understand how a team I've never lost with gets so much ****.
Shoddy or ingame? Ingame people tend to suck more and mediocre teams tend to win more.
on shoddy too, but not as much

I'd also like to add that I've read the guides, twice being I read them before and after I joined here. I know what a good team is and a bad team is. I'm sorry I chose not to mirror the Pokemon set ups you have on Smogon or sample teams and stuff. It seems if the only way to make a good remark come from you guys is when I mirror the stuff you put up.
There really isn't that much variety in competitive Standard pokémon, hence most teams are 'sampled' or 'mirror' teams. You'll just have to deal with it.

Even though I've won over a thousand times with that team it means squat as you somehow seem to ignore that and say it sucks. But of course my prediction is that you'll just say the people I battled sucked. Not a chance. I had them mimic your ideal teams and set ups and stuff and I still moped the floor with them.
Mimic? Completely with EVs, Natures, standard movesets, Face of OU-styled teams?
Even then, if those people suck they still won't win, however good their team is. I can PokéSAV a competitive (generic) Ubers team, send it to my little cousin, pokéSAV a mono-Bug team and still whoop his team. It's not just about the team, it's also about the player.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There's a reason Pokemon is competitive game; because it requires skill.

Says nothing about locking the user in the move.

10smogons.
NOTE TO SELF: FURY CUTTER != FURY SWIPES
However, the answer is still no.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I honestly could have been much more harsh. I didn't think I was being a d*ck at all...

I just don't like to sugarcoat things. If I came off that way, I apologize. But your team isn't really that good, I was just trying to point that out.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
I know xLeafybug. I knew it sucks. Just because I win with it all the time doesn't mean I think it is extremely good. I knew before posting it that it would get these kind of comments. I also don't like to sugarcoat things either but I also don't like to make a person feel like they fail at life because they made a bad Pokemon team. To be honest, if I wanted, I'm sure I could find a team you'd guys would like. I'll make one some day for you guys.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There's a reason Pokemon is competitive game; because it requires skill.

NOTE TO SELF: FURY CUTTER != FURY SWIPES
However, the answer is still no.
NOTE TO YOU: FURY CUTTER = SCRATCH+++
You use it, its pathetic.
You use it next turn, its slightly less pathetic.
And so on
And so on
And so on.
And eventually between it and metranome it reaches base 480 Attack after STAB. Holy sh*t.
Unfortunately, you're dead by then.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
NOTE TO YOU: FURY CUTTER = SCRATCH+++
You use it, its pathetic.
You use it next turn, its slightly less pathetic.
And so on
And so on
And so on.
And eventually between it and metranome it reaches base 480 Attack after STAB. Holy sh*t.
Unfortunately, you're dead by then.
Why did you post that.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You're saying Fury Cutter = Fury Swipes, it isn't.
Unless you type =/= as != <.>

Top Bottom