• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Donkey Kongs needs to be Rated.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman

Danko

Smash Rookie
there are different play styles to different chars; your playstyle of playing defensively was a good choice.

I need to see other vids of u to determine what u need to improve on, but just remember to spam flyswatter(downtilt) more often. Also, i think u tend to spam bair too much (diminishing returns); try using nair, uptilt, and fair when it is appropriate.

spades

Smash Cadet
I saw some dairs while on stage. Personally, i try to limit this move because of its lag time and ability to be punished.

The lag from upB landing was punished by snake several times throughout. All though none resulted in a ko (iirc), and, knowing that this lag is sometimes unavoidable, it may serve you well to try to achieve this lagless upB landing especially on platform levels like battlefield

Overall good job though. Nice dairs offstage.

Also, not enough dktaunting ;)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
u've got the closest thing to my style/performance of DK i've seen so far. very good stuff.
only thing i'd suggest is more UpB usage, offensively to approach and pass through oponent and defensively, out of shield.
I actually get most of my KOs from UpSmash, hehe. get people above me and flurry out upairs and feint into dash-charged upsmashed while they airdodge from thinking i'll upair.

i disagree with the others actually. I dont think u spam b.air that much, and even if u did...use whats effective; b.air isn't one of his better KOing moves anyway. Uptilt and D.tilt are good moves..but they're situationally useful. F.tilt is just plain better and can be spammed, hehe.

this is off topic but i found a new forward B Combo. If you headbutt them into the ground, dash in while charging an upsmash..keep charging until they pop out the ground then let go, hehe. If timed right, it should be guaranteed.
i headbutted a snake at 60% and got a KO from it.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
this is off topic but i found a new forward B Combo. If you headbutt them into the ground, dash in while charging an upsmash..keep charging until they pop out the ground then let go, hehe. If timed right, it should be guaranteed.
i headbutted a snake at 60% and got a KO from it.
This could never be reliable. Why give up the guaranteed fsmash/dsmash/bpunch *hoping* that you time your usmash perfectly to pull this off?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
As for all players and char. rating online matches, is very difficult and should be taken with a grain of salt due to the lag messing up the timing of the players. The only way to have a no johns match, is to play with the legendary blue light connection, due to no lag being in the way of mistimed hits and jumps.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
This could never be reliable. Why give up the guaranteed fsmash/dsmash/bpunch *hoping* that you time your usmash perfectly to pull this off?
its not guess timing....u release the charge soon as they pop out. it requires timing.
DK UpSmash kills much earlier than his other smashes. I've done this many times online to good players.
Offline it should be even EASIER, because you can tell when your oponent is mashing out...estimate the duration..charge..and just release-time KO it.
the thread is about his DK, so lets get back on topic, ok?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
its not guess timing....u release the charge soon as they pop out. it requires timing.
DK UpSmash kills much earlier than his other smashes. I've done this many times online to good players.
Offline it should be even EASIER, because you can tell when your oponent is mashing out...estimate the duration..charge..and just release-time KO it.
the thread is about his DK, so lets get back on topic, ok?
Interesting Never tried this one

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ah, dissapointingly, it seems like i just was fighting the 'right' oponents that it worked easily on.
Snake being the easiest in the game to UpSmash afte headbutt-release (because he leaves the ground the slowest and rises to loweset)
It doens't look like weight has anything to do with it, because wolf rockets up extremely fast. Perhaps jumping speed? Bowser gets up there as fast as Kirby, though. Its wierd.

Either way...i suppose its dominantly a prediction thing, its better to go too early, than too late, because you can still upsmash any tall character, while they're still in the ground.
Unless ur fighting snake, in which case its just easy to snipe his boots, cuz he barely leaves the ground.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys thanks for the advice. Ill be working on him :). More vids soon as well.
Between me and dook we had green, it wasent that bad. He plays alot offline on GB but he also does alot of live tournys due to free plane tickets.

Top Bottom