• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MY FIRST COMBO VIDEO HAVE A LOOK FOR FREE PIE :D (Played with Olimar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

debuall

Smash Rookie
smash boards could you please look at my combo video and give feedback? it seems noobish but you might like it :laugh: and i do play a lot of CPUs but thats because my PC was down.
read the description aswell plz

The link below is to my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NePZTu5Lpg

just have a look it can't hurt can it???

and this is my first combo vid so dont say 'ur crap' or 'dont make vids anymore'

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
why is it that half the 'combos' involve you getting hit by a cpu?

Edit: and why is EVERY clip on fd?

debuall

Smash Rookie
me getting hit by a CPU? i didnt notice, i thought it was just a few clips.
and yes nearly all clips are on FD i dont know y but its my favourite stage

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Combos, Brawl? didn't even have to watch to know this was a terrible vid, and of course the cpu comments.

shadowdsfire

Smash Apprentice
Sorry i don't want to make you mad but...

Q: Just have a look it can't hurt can it???
A: Hell yeah !!!!

Q:and this is my first combo vid so dont say 'ur crap' or 'dont make vids anymore'
A: What about:
Crap is better than you
and
If you do another video I will suicide myself

Ok i'm joking but sorry it is not good :(
generally people don't like watching video combo of CPU

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Youtube Description snippet:

This video is not meant to show off any 'skills', I don't care if im not the best Olimar, if I am then that's good but if not then I don't care, because I've got an Xbox 360 ;D

you prolly fail at halo/CoD/Gears as well

debuall

Smash Rookie
to shadowdsfire: ok fair enough
to bry: here :D \^^^^/
to fullynick: probably, but tbh i just made this to see wat i needed to do to make better vids.
to The Nutz of Norcal Deez: believe me, i dont fail at smash or those games (except halo... i only just got odst - my first ever halo game... i know thats disgraceful LOL)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Wow. Good job. I know how difficult Level 9 CPU's can be.

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
Here's a few suggestions:
1. A few of them were combos. Good job. However, many of your "combos" can be avoided with DI, something lvl 9 CPUs lack skill at. To find real solid combos, you need confirmation by using them on real people. CPUs often DI the same way, often to their disadvantage. Either that or they would have no relevance in competitive play. Like most of your meteor smashes against G Dorf are easily countered with a Side B suicide smash. Or Down B -> Up B. CPUs take a lot of training to learn that kind of stuff, and they probably will never learn it.
2. Watch some well established combo videos. They're all over smash boards. Learn from them.

I'm not saying "NO DO VEEDOS NO MOAR", you did some stuff right. For instance...

You didn't use obnoxious and terrible music. (+1)

In the future, if you find a combo on a CPU, try it again a few times, on different characters too. Then find a friend and try to use it on him/her. If you succeed, tell him/her that you think you found a combo and tell him/her to try to avoid it. If it succeeds often, it's probably a combo!

If you make a video from a combo, try introducing the combo by using it in training mode, then show a few clips of you using it in REAL MATCHES (important!). It gives direction to the video. I mean, 10 minutes of Olimar meteor smashing characters is great, but give it purpose!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Wow. Good job. I know how difficult Level 9 CPU's can be.
:laugh: quoted for the lolz

uh, yeah, CPUs aren't a good idea to use in a combo vid except to please yourself. if you're looking for real feedback, prolly want to submit a real vid.

S

smash brawl player 99021

:laugh: quoted for the lolz

uh, yeah, CPUs aren't a good idea to use in a combo vid except to please yourself. if you're looking for real feedback, prolly want to submit a real vid.
Quoted for the suck-up :p

I agree, not being as much as an *** this time :D

Get matches against real people.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Would you people quit being so cruel to the guy? for gods sake all he wanted was some help...stop bashing him so much...We are supposed to be friendly...-.-

I agree with Dabutcher, he pretty much summed up my thoughts

S

smash brawl player 99021

Sorry for being realistic. Please next time I'll be nice. Your combos were great! I'm sure those CPU's had it coming. Keep up the good work. See? That would help nothing.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Did I say "OMG you suck!"? People need criticism to go farther. And sometimes you need to look at it a different way other than the "nice" approach. Negative bashing is more effective.

null55

Smash Master
good **** Brawl community. someone dude in England, who doesn't go to tourneys probably at all, makes a video of his Olimar fighting CPUs completely innocently, and you big time pros choose to just **** the **** out of him because you disapprove. lol nice.

reflects your game's logic. all y'all just tripped.

debuall

Smash Rookie
smashboards im gonna make another vid if i have time, and using real people... and thanks for all the good criticizm and stuff, i read all the replies so far and ill take the advice into consideration... and other stuff like that.
oh yeah, and if i do make this vid, im gnna start to play brawl a lot more, to get better. i mean ive alredy got loads of replays, and most are from basic brawl. so against real people.
LOL i get that 10 mins of meteoring a freakishly easy ganon isnt rly entertainin, but thanks to all u ppl who say i shud get better instead of STFU AND GTFO SMASHBOARDS MAKE NO MOAR VIDS THEY HURT MY EYES AAAAAAARGH'.

oh and theres no pie, soz.

Deprece

Smash Cadet
Let me warn you... basic brawl is just as bad as CPUs... seriously... you'll get flamed probably even harder for screwing up a second time. just challenge people on this board or something.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, really if you want people to make positive comments about your combo video, refrain from using CPUs next time. Also, the whole video was basically meteor smashes. Not too entertaining. Otherwise, I guess you have a decent Olimar, better than mine at least.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Seriously...

After reading these last 2 pages, Im almost ashamed to consider SWF a "friendly" site. Stop being so arrogant and rude some of you guys. If you all think you're some kinda pros and wanna bash on some innocent person who wanted to make a simple video for fun, you guys gtfo, not him.

However dubuall, I am gonna say that posting this here was not too smart of a move, as most people here are passed the stages of cpus. But, seeing as you now have wifi, you should get out there and find some people to play with, have some fun, improve, and make that new combo video :)

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
awesome combo video man !! those spikes were oon point!! plz dont mess up and you'll do just fine dont listen to these scrubs who say CPU fail!!

they all prolly suck and i could prolly beat them all soooo if i say its fine ! then its fine! :D

debuall

Smash Rookie
ok so i shud take time to play against real ppl, bcause cpus dont have minds, and real ppl actually think about what they do... cpus just spam U-Tilts when ur above them :'(

and please help me with a new name, pikwin is VERY crap pleez help me by sugesting a name?

OH I NEARLY FORGOT - CPUS SUCK.

debuall

Smash Rookie
yeah i went on the aib match finder and i got a few replays, i am better against real peepolz than i thought, so i will make the other combo vid...

and to LoganW: WTF how are combo vids fail...

Captain L

Smash Champion
yeah i went on the aib match finder and i got a few replays, i am better against real peepolz than i thought, so i will make the other combo vid...

and to LoganW: WTF how are combo vids fail...
Well, I'll try my best to explain how combo vids are fail.

*ahem

The general consensus on Super Smash Brothers Brawl is that combos do not exist. This is nearly true, because of reduced hitstun and increased knockback on a few attacks which could previously be comboed out of (my best example here is Jigglypuff's up throw). It is true that there are some true combo, but those ones are generally lame and escapable after a bit with SDI, for instance being fox and repeatedly utilting the opponent. It can be a true combo at times, hitting the opponent before they can actually escape, but to be frank it's extremely boring to watch and hopefully nobody EVER puts that in a combo video. Another example of something that should never EVER be put in a combo video, is lame chain grabs. They're freakishly effective (speaking as a Pikachu Main) but not at all fun to watch. You can down throw a Fox repeatedly until he is at like 100% damage as Pikachu, but just because it's a true combo so to speak, does not make it thrilling to watch.

So we've gone over the fact that combos pretty much don't exist in brawl except for a few situations, which is why the actual term "Combo video" is a lie. "Cool Plays video", although it sounds rather lame, is essentially what all combo videos are. You can still make cool brawl play videos if you want, but it requires playing a lot, and against real people. Don't expect to be making insane plays right away, because they really don't happen all that frequently.

Oh, and the best Brawl Combo video I've seen to date would be this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxfnEcc4k-I

debuall

Smash Rookie
The general consensus on Super Smash Brothers Brawl is that combos do not exist. This is nearly true, because of reduced hitstun and increased knockback on a few attacks which could previously be comboed out of (my best example here is Jigglypuff's up throw). It is true that there are some true combo, but those ones are generally lame and escapable after a bit with SDI, for instance being fox and repeatedly utilting the opponent. It can be a true combo at times, hitting the opponent before they can actually escape, but to be frank it's extremely boring to watch and hopefully nobody EVER puts that in a combo video. Another example of something that should never EVER be put in a combo video, is lame chain grabs. They're freakishly effective (speaking as a Pikachu Main) but not at all fun to watch. You can down throw a Fox repeatedly until he is at like 100% damage as Pikachu, but just because it's a true combo so to speak, does not make it thrilling to watch.

So we've gone over the fact that combos pretty much don't exist in brawl except for a few situations, which is why the actual term "Combo video" is a lie. "Cool Plays video", although it sounds rather lame, is essentially what all combo videos are. You can still make cool brawl play videos if you want, but it requires playing a lot, and against real people. Don't expect to be making insane plays right away, because they really don't happen all that frequently.

lol @ u for putting in too much effort... wtf just call chain attacks comboes... i bet some geek somewhere probably just said "these aren't combos!!!".

no offence Captain L, but wtf. its just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom