• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Fox, plz rate!!!

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
hello to everybody, these videos are between my bro and i (he is 7 and has been playing in melee tounys with me since he was 5 and now brawl)

Rate me as well as him if you could. thanks again guys.

FOX RULES (but best in melee T_T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkMFa5ANt4

he plays as Falco now and i can hardly beat him, this is an older vid, but i will get a recent one by tomorow

tigresmasher2

Smash Cadet
You have a very good fox. Try adding more short hop ariels and more down and side smashes.
Your brother should try not to jump over the edge use his second jump and then try to recover. He could be easily gimped. You are both solid players.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
not much to say really, good match guess you learn to drill shine or something your good. YOur brother is alright, but i don't reallly know much about how to play lucas anyways, so i can't really judge him that well and give a good answer.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
not much to say really, good match guess you learn to drill shine or something your good. YOur brother is alright, but i don't reallly know much about how to play lucas anyways, so i can't really judge him that well and give a good answer.
Thanks man, yeah this isnt a recent vid, kind of old, but i will try to get another up soon. It will have his Falco so it will be a very good match

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Good solid Fox, what you're doing works. But if you are intent on improving, you just need to experiment a little, go out on a limb, take a few risks and see what else works for you. My recommendations for starters is to integrate the other smash attacks into your playstyle, as well as the other aerial attacks. F smash is a viable alternate kill move, as is U air and B air. D smash is an excellent setup for edgeguarding. Try experimenting with throws, I used to only do D throw, but I found uses for F throw as a very crude chain-grab at low percents and as a lead-in to other attacks, see what you can do. These aren't criticisms, your Fox is steady enough that it doesn't need to be altered, these are just my recommendations to add to your playstyle, and they may not even work for you.

Overall, your Fox is good, but you shouldn't let that stop you from experimenting.
Run! Fly! Move boldly! For such moves are the essence of Fox!
-Smash Bros Dojo, Fox character page

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
i liked that combo at 1:19 nice. your brother had 26 and ended at 86 good job.

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
It's a good Fox, I can only suggest adding a few moves:

Grab > Down Throw > Forward Air, it works nciely only they Air Dodge, and if you start doing this alot and they Air Dodge, do a Mind Game, instead of folowing it by a Forward Air, stay on the ground, they will air Dodge and you can Up Smash.

Try doing more hiphen kicks (run/dash and tap your C-Stick up) it's what I mostly do and it is very VERY effecive.

After drilling, DON'T shine, this isn't Melee. Do Up-Tilts and then froward tilts (i saw you do this, so it shouldn't ve too hard.)

When you can't gimp with a shine, use BACK AIR!

Also, Drill to Up Smash works wonders, you have to make sure when you drill that you start drilling him when he's in the air, else they candodge the up-Smash.

Anyways, good work! You have avery solid Fox, keep prcticing agasint him, practicing agasint a computer can be useless.

EDIT: Don't do side smashes unless that's the only option, rather do down smash if you want to send them to the sides (and also send them downwards).

Drill > up-tilt > short-hop > drill REPEAT.

And finally, one I made up, it can be escaped but it works most of the time: Shine > Dash Attack > Shine > Hiphen Kick.

enjoy!

BEES

Smash Lord
If you're off the edge, drilling followed by a shine is a great kill combo if you're sure you can get back.

Top Bottom