• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS My Friend is mad I play CF and only CF on 3ds

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
He says I can only win using CF and I spam down-b, he says this means I don't actually win and I'm not a good smasher.
This ****** rides Mango and Mewtwoking and doesn't know ANY other Smashers. Based on from what Mango and Mew2king have showed him, everything they do = a good smasher.

your opinions?

i find this hilarious.

nyttyn

Smash Cadet
Pick pink captain falcon skin. Spam "SHOW ME YAH MOVES" as many times in your fights as humanly possible.

Smash him. Smash him over and over until he gets it. Until all he can think of is the magnificence that is captain falcon. Until every waking moment leaves nothing but an obsession for finding his path, and finding moves to show you.

Only then

only when he learns to show you his moves

will he learn what it means to be a smasher.

and it will be on that day your friend will get that enormous stick out of his ass about something as stupid as him losing because he can't outplay your glorious moves.

(hell go ahead and rename yourself MOVES too for maximum effect)

Spirst

So by winning playing like you do, you're not actually winning? Huh. Logic, eh?

Now go troll the living crap out of him.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I'm mad at you too.
Broaden your horizon! Click random every once in awhile! ;)

Also, spamming is annoying but pretty easy to counter, no?

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
With CF? Really? Hes not utter trash like he was in Brawl (neutered his speed but didnt do anything to compensate, since his strength in melee was WICKED speed) but hes still not top tier. I could understand if you just did little mac, but cf? i dont think ive ever lost to a cf lol had some pretty damn close games though.

Though i have to admit, it would get stale facing CF literally every time. I play like 6 different characters routinely because i like variety (Megaman, Lucario, Wario, Dedede, Bowser, and DK). Not sure how you can stand playing him every single time.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
With CF? Really? Hes not utter trash like he was in Brawl (neutered his speed but didnt do anything to compensate, since his strength in melee was WICKED speed) but hes still not top tier. I could understand if you just did little mac, but cf? i dont think ive ever lost to a cf lol had some pretty damn close games though.

Though i have to admit, it would get stale facing CF literally every time. I play like 6 different characters routinely because i like variety (Megaman, Lucario, Wario, Dedede, Bowser, and DK). Not sure how you can stand playing him every single time.
Same about switching characters, But another big factor is the spamming, I just played a round where a Charizard was spamming that blue move over and over, It was incredibly obnoxious, especially with only 2 stocks.

(And Little Mac makes me cry everytime)

SSS

Smash Ace
If somebody is spamming a move and you're losing to them, it's because you're bad.

If your friend thinks you're bad and yet he's losing to you, then that just makes him worse.

He just sounds salty and feels like finding stupid external excuses as to why he's losing instead of just realizing his play is flawed and actually getting better (because that would take work and it's easier to pretend the world is at fault than it is to admit that you are).

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Same about switching characters, But another big factor is the spamming, I just played a round where a Charizard was spamming that blue move over and over, It was incredibly obnoxious, especially with only 2 stocks.

(And Little Mac makes me cry everytime)
"Blue move"? I can only remember his wing or claw attacks having blue trails... Flare Blitz maybe? I can definitely see why you'd be angry if someone spammed that... I spammed it to win against Jigglypuff since I'm not familiar with Charizard (and because it was kicking my tail). It so happened that I was playing as Charizard when Jigglypuff decided to be a challenger and not Greninja.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
"Blue move"? I can only remember his wing or claw attacks having blue trails... Flare Blitz maybe? I can definitely see why you'd be angry if someone spammed that... I spammed it to win against Jigglypuff since I'm not familiar with Charizard (and because it was kicking my tail). It so happened that I was playing as Charizard when Jigglypuff decided to be a challenger and not Greninja.
Yeah, Flare Blitz, It's annoying. I didn't get angry because I won lol. But it takes a few times for me to re-adjust. I'm sure this is all just early game problems. (I really hope so)

Also losing to people who spam moves doesn't make you bad. That's ridiculous. I don't know why we're trying to defend move spamming, and Move spamming has never been an issue for me in any other game... I hope this gets solved by less annoying people...

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
you're one of Those people...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, Flare Blitz, It's annoying. I didn't get angry because I won lol. But it takes a few times for me to re-adjust. I'm sure this is all just early game problems. (I really hope so)

Also losing to people who spam moves doesn't make you bad. That's ridiculous. I don't know why we're trying to defend move spamming, and Move spamming has never been an issue for me in any other game... I hope this gets solved by less annoying people...
You never played Soul Calibur or Tekken then. There are characters there where if you spam or button-mash, you can lock-down your opponent. Kilik's forward attacks can lock an opponent into a loop, Maxi and Eddie when button-mashed will just go wild.

Oh and there's this which is a jab at fighting games with annoying projectiles. Move spamming is one of the most annoying things in the world and some games just have broken characters or mechanics no matter how much gets patched, balanced, etc.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796

Haven't lost to a Falcon yet? We ought to go a few rounds, I could rectify that.

But OP, his down b isn't even really a good move. I hardly use it at all. Tell him to stop whining, then combo-knee him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Haven't lost to a Falcon yet? We ought to go a few rounds, I could rectify that.

But OP, his down b isn't even really a good move. I hardly use it at all. Tell him to stop whining, then combo-knee him.
That's blasphemy. Everything about Captain Falcon is good. :p

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
You never played Soul Calibur or Tekken then. There are characters there where if you spam or button-mash, you can lock-down your opponent. Kilik's forward attacks can lock an opponent into a loop, Maxi and Eddie when button-mashed will just go wild.

Oh and there's this which is a jab at fighting games with annoying projectiles. Move spamming is one of the most annoying things in the world and some games just have broken characters or mechanics no matter how much gets patched, balanced, etc.
Tekken and SC both have parrying mechanics you can use to counter move-spamming, though. I recall back when I was into Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast one of my neighbors picked up the game and started spamming Gen Fu's basic punch moves and demolishing me. This was because I sucked. Then I learned how to counter it and started to win 90% of the matches again.

Move spamming is a valid tactic, albeit an annoying one. Once you figure out how to counter it though, it's no big deal.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tekken and SC both have parrying mechanics you can use to counter move-spamming, though. I recall back when I was into Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast one of my neighbors picked up the game and started spamming Gen Fu's basic punch moves and demolishing me. This was because I sucked. Then I learned how to counter it and started to win 90% of the matches again.

Move spamming is a valid tactic, albeit an annoying one. Once you figure out how to counter it though, it's no big deal.
That's if you can counter back. An average player might not be able to do that and forget about a beginner doing that. Move spamming can ruin an entire franchise for someone.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
That's if you can counter back. An average player might not be able to do that and forget about a beginner doing that. Move spamming can ruin an entire franchise for someone.
Yea, it's annoying. I concede that, but condemning the spammer or allowing yourself to get fed up with it is the wrong way to remedy the situation. Find the counter to it and get better. Block and punish, parry, etc. Too many fireballs, jump over them and wait for an opening. Get a life lead and let the spammer time himself out. It's not always easy, but still.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im surprised because nobody already said this: Apply The KNEE of Justice on him and then, when he's suprised do a Falcon Dive and unleash a glorious and 1000% manly YESZ!

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice

Oh I have, But Smash brothers is allot more, I don't see a need to spam moves, There's allot more movement to it. But Yeah like on Injustice Aquaman can just hit anyone from anywhere, It's annoying and I know people who just spam long ranged moves when they get in a tight spot, Which isn't as effective on smash.

Edit: Lol, Projectile spamming (Aka fireballs, the example given) Is totally different from moves that do nice damage, hit quickly and have high knockback. People tend to be okay with projectile spamming, Like Peaches Turnips and Dr. Mario Pills. But I understand the point you're making, To adapt, which is good advice.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Not losing to a CF would be more i havent faced one that is on my level or higher, not hes a bad hero necessarily. Pfft Pichu was utter garbage in melee and i knew a guy that would crush people with him just to mock them lol.
i'd be down for some rounds when i get a chance. On lunch atm between classes and i work tonight :p

Top Bottom