• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My G&W loses to lucario hardcore.

cutter

Smash Champion
Your second has some broken link, fyi.

I watched your first vid and I stopped watching after 2 minutes. You were leaving yourself open WAY too much giving Lucario too many free hits on you. Don't just recklessly charge at someone and expect to win, Brawl is about playing smart and making as few mistakes as possible.

Yes it was Wifi and there is lag, but you do need to remember that when adapting to the lag you have to predict your opponent a bit more than usual ahead of time and do some more dodging instead of just mindlessly attacking.

Also, important tip against Lucario: if you kill him first and early, you'll have an easy chance of winning the match due to Lucario's aura.

EDIT: Ok after skimming through your first match, you didn't "lose hardcore". Lucario was at 82% which is easily in killing range against G&W.

Also, don't trust IvanEva's matchup chart too much. G&W definately has a HUGE advantage against Lucario, but only if you know what you're actually doing. Don't automatically assume you're going to cream any Lucario you see. Lucario can still win, but it's a major uphill battle for him. If you're behind against Lucario you're in some trouble (like in your match), but if you're ahead of him you're going to have MUCH better time beating Lucario.

Fisherington

Smash Cadet
First off, the advice of "kill Lucario first and early" is equivalent to giving the advice "knock them off the edge to win!" The goal of every smash match is to KO the opponent, and of course I'm trying to KO him first.

Also, the second one is fixed. If anyone could point out any trouble spots in those videos, I would appreciate it if you would post any advice in the comments of those videos. It makes things a bit easier.

Flob

Smash Cadet
If you're having problems with Lucario, and any other character actually, just use your TURTLE more. It works. And if you fear the aura, just bucket it. Even 3 uncharged balls KO at like 30%.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
You need more turtle. You don't really use it till the end of the match and look how well it went for you. Also, you Usmash waaaaayyyy too often. Yes, it's a very powerful attack, but it has a ton of start up time and can be seen from a mile away. Often times, you really were a mile away when you pulled it out. Plus, I think you'd do better if you did less smashes and more grabs. I think Lucario beats G&W in the air, so stop DI'ing towards the opponent. I think it's a bad idea in general. Honestly, if you're Di'ing towards the opponent, you're more than likely looking for a Dair. And in that match, you showed that that's what you were going to do pretty often.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Stop smashing so much especially at low percents, grab more, turtle more, don't be desperate for a key, etc.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
After watching the second video, I saw that this particular lucario likes to use force palm a lot. This move has a lot of start up and lag on it. You should learn to spot dodge it and then you can move in with a back or fair to rack up damage. Depending on distance you could also get in a grab. Use down throw so you can combo with a dsmash or a jab.

There was a double team attempt at about 1:50 that NEEDS to be punished. the ending lag is so long on it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What h4rdcor3 says reminds me, if Lucario uses Force Palm, bucket it.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
ok problem number 1, YOUR PLAYING ONLINE

problem number 2 is you look at tier lists.

Lucario is hard i actually just beat a crazy lucario that has been beating me recently. we are always top 2 around here but i think i got him figured out after this weekend.
GW vs Lucario matches took 6-7 mins every match this weekend its really about who plays more defensive lands kill blows at key %'s

Also Lucarios recovery is his weak point if you just jump on the ledge he has to go on top unless he wall clings, then u can just get a free hit (usually judgement)

Top Bottom