• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Girlfriends Roy

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
this morning I was watching videos of my girlfriends Roy. And I thought it was quite impressive. She just picked him up not too long ago. She was watching Ninjalinks Roy and became hooked on Roy. She said she was watching his roy alot so wanted to try him out. So she learned some stuff from him. So be nice with your comments if you think she does something wrong or bad. But I think she did well. better than my roy O_o!!

So Yea rate and gave advice and such, also good comments are more than welcome

Battle #1

Battle #2

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
Looks good to me! It always makes me happy to see another Roy player out there who can play intelligently. Floaty characters are definitely the bane of Roy's existence but your girlfriend deals with Luigi really well. Personally I hate fighting Luigi most of all but these matches went really well. Technical skill was good and the use of wavedashing for spacing was really good! I thought she did a good job of edgeguarding too. Personally I like using Roy's counter for edgeguarding more than I saw it used here but that is just a matter of preference. I just find it easier to use, especially with characters that have a predictable recovery like the space animals or Luigi. So yeah, keep playing Roy! We need more strong Roy players out there! ^_^

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Personally, the mindgame was a bit lacking, I just suggest watching the opponent more closely. Spacing needs a little work. Quite a few blatant whiffs. Technical work in the form of shffls and l-cancelling needs a little work, there were a few that were msised. Watch how long your DED goes. Although these happened once, dair is pretty bad unless you're absolutely certain it hits. Countering after a ledge drop is death. Luigi was a bit mundane. Overall, very good, at least compared to the few other girl Roy players I've seen which were horrible.

edit: nevermind, the Luigi was pretty bad. Wavedash=/=mindgames...

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
I noticed there wasn't any ledgehopping (is that the correct term?). She maybe overused b a little (to me, but eh). Also, she has lots of DEDs that should've been ended earlier. Seems to me like she missed her opportunities for shield grabs.

Otherwise, she made it look like fun :). All that DDing. lol

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Is she hot? if she is, then it's a good Roy. If not, then it could use some more fsmashs, fairs to dtilt crap and stuff.

XD! Good ****.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yes she is hot. So of course she is gonna own in smash, and she mains Peach XD!!!
O____O You're ****ing lucky, I wish I had a chick that mained Peach. We'd like, talk a lot about how much we like to spam turnips and dsmashes.

I bet you two have good sex. ROFL!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
OMG...........-____- '

ok, thats enough of that before you get this thread closed. You have any advice for her roy?

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
oh my god that is not a girl smasher oh my GOD lol j/k my cousin plays smash and she a girl but i got to give it up to her she has a heckva roy

GOTM

Smash Champion
learn to hit better with your over b combos. charging b can be very situational, so learn to use it better. otherwise, you seem very quick and its a decent roy. just seems you need to get use to him more and have better spacing, you got caught in the wrong situations plenty of times.

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
did we need to know that shez ur girlfriend? no? okay soundz good, this roy sux btw *throwz up*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
did we need to know that shez ur girlfriend? no? okay soundz good, this roy sux btw *throwz up*
I see some people need to be a-holes. I was told the roy section was full with aholes. And look at what puts up. Now I warn you here and now, if your gonna act like an azz, dont post your bull in here, Go piss someone else off. cause Im not the one to play. Keep this up and I will report you. I made it clear too keep your comments nice and clean, dont like it, then say I was not liking the roy, and bounce. Im not in the mood to have a fight break out in here. Everyone here gave her advice and some nice comments, so why you gotta be the odd ball? You dumb or something? this is my last post to you, say something stupid about her again, or anything else dumb and I wont even reply, I'll report you and have the mods take care of the matter. screw you and have a nice day

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
jokez on u fruit-sauce, i hate roy and never come to this board

and LOLZ good job actin like reportin ppl is fighting or sumthin
Go piss someone else off. cause Im not the one to play
that made me lol so ya in conclusion, next time dont throw ur horrible vidz around here and i wont have to come back here splittin wigz, l8z ;)

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
shes ok she has to improve her grap game and she uses counter way to much and also the opponent wasnt all that great either

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Maybe some better Dsmash DI, she went straight up from most of the Dsmashes I saw...heh.

Binx

Smash Master
I would use the 4th hit of the sword dance less, 3 is usually plenty, I would use B to edgegaurd more than fsmash, umm otherwise not bad, yeah more throws for sure. Only counter when its a sure thing.

Satoshi

Smash Rookie
Less counters, none off the edge... Be wary of opponents that can recover past the very edge of the level, especially if you edge guard with B. Try only using three moves in the DED combos, and experiment with the different moves in them a bit more. Otherwise, quite a good Roy, being a Roy player myself, it always pleases me to see more of them being added to the list. ^^

RastaImposta

Smash Lord

This thread is just as ******** as the SAME thread in the 1v1 Forum. Just a lil FYI, the roy forum isnt full of *******s, just 5150 (he talks ****, from what I hear, he cant back up anything). This isnt a good roy, it isnt a decent roy, its an OK roy. The thing that gives the illusion thats its a good roy is that she is playing against a crappy opponent. Your girlfriend would get ***** at any tourny, then she would lose in smash.

GofG

Smash Champion
Rasta, that's rather mean, especially since you didn't give any criticism. Criticism doesn't mean "you suck", it means "you need to do this better, and you will suck until you do."

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Uh thanks for the people that gave good roy advice to MY GF, she will work on it. Now more is needed.

Top Bottom