• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Last Goal in SSBM

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I just can't seem to beat All-Star Mode on Very Hard without any Continues. I've been trying to get through it for a few weeks now and I always seem to just get screwed over by the stupidest things. First off, items are so stupid. I don't know how many times items have been my downfall. Sure they help sometimes, but generally they just add chaos to the match and chaos is not good when you're trying to defeat the computer(s) without taking any damage. The other thing that messes me up is the level selection. Certain levels just are the bane of my existence (like Mushroom Kingdom and Fountain of Dreams). Select characters also cause me headaches:

Marth
Fox
Peach
Pikachu
Falco

I don't know if I just suck or if beating All-Star on Very Hard without any continues is actually a sizeable feat. Anyone else tried accomplishing this?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Very nice video. That player has his tactics down to an art form. I might be able to pull something similar off with Roy because he's my second best character, but I really want to do it with Falcon because he's my main and I've accomplished all my other goals with him. Kinda hard with no projectiles or extended reach of any sort. lol

Got close again today but once again no luck. Items and Mushroom Kingdom deserve to be ripped from the face of the Earth.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
All Star makes me too angry to play. I risk not taking a heart then die, or I take the heart only to have needed it later. And I agree that the items are just... bad. When it's 1 v 3 which side do you think will get that pokeball? Pokemon are the real problem I find in All Star.

Anyway, the closest I got to beating it was with Samus. But it got way too hard when it was 3 on 1.

hisshouburaiken

Smash Cadet
I hear what you're saying about Falcon, but your main needs to hit the showers and let Roy handle it. Luigi understood. I'm sure Falcon will too.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
SW-1988 Speaks the truth. My favorite moment with Roy in this mode was Couuntering the Warlock Punch for a triple KO.
My final goal in SSBM was to do this with all characters, but I only got 18/25 done.

flaco

The Terminator
i think you should use marth and then roy and also a piece of advice if you got the chance not to use the hearts before you actuallly need them then save them for the end ok and maybe you will be able to past it my friend good luck man

SoulTrigger

Smash Rookie
A GOOD strategy is to wait for stages that cause a lot of CPU SDs. Try to pick 1v3 matches on stages like Fourside (Pichu), Jungle Japes (Young Link), and Brinstar Depths (Ganondorf).

Fourside - Have everyone follow you to the left side of the stage then retreat to the right. Grab the left edge of the rightmost building. Most characters will try to hit you with a falling aerial. Right before they attack, press L or R to roll. Usually they don't survive unless they have good recovery.

Jungle Japes - Similar to the above. Hang on the edge of the center platform and wait for falling aerials from CPUs. Be cautious of Klaptraps. One hit and it's over.

Brinstar Depths - Stall for a bit then head down to the floating rock at the bottom right. Try to keep them off until it rotates. After the stage rotates, try to force them to get stuck on the rock and accidentally Up B off.

Other good stages are ones that are really big, like Temple. Try to eliminate characters like Peach on the 1v1, as heavyweights are really annoying on the 1v3.
Another tip is don't go to enemies, let them come to you.

Other tidbits:

Brinstar - When lava begins to rise, CPUs tend to do nothing but stand on the top platform.

Great Bay - CPUs only travel one end to the other by walking over the large platform. Go back and forth from the floating rocks while attacking from underneath. Or wait for them to fall and use a smash.

Onett - Try to throw them off or have all the CPUs get hit by a car at the edge.

Rainbow Cruise - Hang on the left edge, fall off, grab it again. Keep doing this until Mario does his F-air and SD.

Venom - Eliminating Falco is pretty easy if you can get him under the bottom wing. Keep him off every time he attempts to recover with Fire Bird.

Mewtwo - SDs a lot on 1v3 if CPUs push him off an edge while he's charging a Shadow Ball.

Ganondorf - In early versions of SSBM, he'll Up+B off the edge of a stage if he tries to intercept you.

Captain Falcon - Go near an edge, let him grab/throw you, then watch him Raptor Boost off. Hard to do on Mute City though.

You should be able to do this with a main with a lot of retries. Not to brag, but with a lot of luck, I was able to finish Very Hard All-Star with Pichu using only 3 continues.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That info is true, but there are a lot more boards and tactics. For Example, you sometimes don't even have to move to have Luigi SD. There is a luigi strat that will make any CPU SD, but it only works 5% for me, which is why I don't use it.

Metà

Smash Master
It's also annoying how their offense and defense ratios are higher than yours. As if 3 vs 1 isn't hard enough with these god d*mn constantly jabbing CPUs. Seriously, that's the ONLY thing that makes it hard; 3 characters CONSTANTLY JABBING you, soooo frustrating, you can't do anything! >=(

Top Bottom