• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I just wanted to see one more pony become an alicorn before the hiatus began.

Completely satisfied as it stands.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hiatus aside, perfect Luna episode. I wanted more Luna so badly. And this more than fit the bill for it. I especially like the side of Luna's character we got to see.

And the big Ponyville dream sequence was probably the weirdest scene that this show has ever seen in any episode. (that's not to say it was a bad thing though, far from it. The whole thing referenced a whole lot of other episodes, and it was glorious) Especially Lyra and Sweetie Drops basically turning into CatDog.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
As much as I'd like it to be a Luna episode, the focus felt more around Luna trying to do something, but the dream sequences being more of the spotlight.
:phone:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
This...was actually one of my least favorite episodes of the whole show. Good story, but they underplayed it far too much for comedy.
The Tantabus was capable of a lot more than turning houses and dresses into monsters. We could have had some interesting challenges thrown at the characters with it's ( near limitless ) abilities.

I also think they should've waited longer before the Mane 6 knew what the Tantabus was. That is, have a some mystery about why the 6 had these dreams, maybe a couple other ponies had some too? ( The Mane 6 would've had to dream about them for that to happen, though. ) I feel like some potential was lost here.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I happened to love the episode. The random fan service in this episode felt like a sequel to the 100th episode in terms of fan service, although not as good. I still liked some of it.

Still love seeing Luna do more stuff and seeing her room. I also thought the slippers were cute.

I also think they should've waited longer before the Mane 6 knew what the Tantabus was. That is, have a some mystery about why the 6 had these dreams, maybe a couple other ponies had some too? ( The Mane 6 would've had to dream about them for that to happen, though. ) I feel like some potential was lost here.
I feel the problem with that is there wouldn't be enough time to do all of that in one episode and they aren't gonna devote a two-parter on Luna. I guess if they somehow managed to add that whole section of that in, the ending would probably be rushed as hell.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pretty much that ^.
I thought that was all out of their systems after episode 100. :applejack:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was just too much for a 20 minute slot time. Could've been a good movie plot, but movies are only allowed to be about high school.

On the topic of a better episode, Moondancer is quickly becoming a favorite. She's like Twi before Twi became God.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She was exactly Twi before Twi became God. She was basically an OC recolor. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
She's basicly the toy re-color equivalent of Twi. Makes you want to go back and find an old series of blind bag for Moondancer.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I haven't spoiled anything at all since then. So I have no idea what episodes are coming up so today's new episode is all the more sweeter to have no idea what I'm getting into.

Or maybe a big disappointment. Let's see where Rarity takes this.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just found this thread recently. Thought I'd at least share my personal favorite things about the show. I've been a fan of the show since February-March 2012

Favorite Pony: Twilight (Always has been ever since I watched my first episode of the show)
Favorite Episode(/s): In no particular order other then airing order my favorites are Cutie Mark Chronicles, Lesson Zero, Hurricane Fluttershy, Canterlot Wedding, Magic Duel, Magical Mystery Cure, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pride, Twilight's Kingdom, and Amending Fences. There's alot of episodes of the show I like but these ones I listed I definitely like the most
Favorite Season: Season 4, though Season 2 isn't that far behind.

I actually went to my first con ever this year a few months ago. I went to Trotcon in Columbus, Ohio, and although I was only there for a few hours it's definitely something I'll never forget. It was a really great time. I even got to have a picture with my favorite writer of the show M.A. Larson ^^

On recent stuff, I'm actually kind of a little hyped for Equestria Girls 3 tomorrow. Even though I wasn't that fond of the first movie, and while Rainbow Rocks was certainly a huge improvement it felt it still had a few carryover problems from the first movie. I think the reason may be that EQG3 seems to finally separate itself a bit from the Main series by focusing on it's world Twilight instead of dragging Pony Twilight into it. Which I felt was a catalyst for many of the problems in the first two films. (That said, if an EQG4 happens I think it'd be fun to have the two Twilights meet at least) The stinger at the end of Rainbow Rocks with Human World Twilight got me interested in the idea of a 3rd film, even though I hardly cared for the first movie and yet the sequel I didn't want made me actually want more. So yeah... strange feeling.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
When was the last time Rarity got a slew of high-airtime episodes in a row.
Still need to read Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity, but I'm sure they're unrelated.
Best delivery of ` It's jus' an' express'n `.

Edit: Twilight still wouldn't have enough to do.
And they're killin' it with the outros.

Last edited:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I finally got around to watching these last three episodes. I gotta say, I wouldn't mind if the rest of the season was all Rarity episodes like these three.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Right now, it's like a familiar setting again, re-executed in a different direction.
Blackmail is such a surefire guarantee. And reappearance of beloved family.

Holy **** Sugarcoat does not sugar coat.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So I went to my first ponycon.

This played at the rave party, and everyone sang along.
When the line "Generous, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty, Twilight helped us each to see, all that we can be" played, I looked around and saw so many diverse ponies of all shapes and sizes, it brought a tear of joy to my eye.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Rave remix or nothing. I don't think conventions are my scene. Reservations to be had to probably never would want to.

Still trying to wrap around my head around, not that EG Twi had "evil" magic, but more along having more raw magic over the collection, overcoming Sunset til Spike snapped her out of it.

But today we expecting Big Mac being overcome with feels?

Edit: Hell yeah simultaneous occurring episodes.
Much chagrin to the amount of a multitude of words will be spilling out of a one liner.
Mac would be singing.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I assume all parties were reasonable and said nothing silly because it's just a show?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I assume all parties were reasonable and said nothing silly because it's just a show?
Hahahahahaha, you funny

Her reaction was better than I expected, but worse than I would have liked.

"I think it's weird, and I wouldn't go around telling people that. You'll be putting yourself out for bullying." - My Mother

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
That depends on your current education year. Obviously high schoolers would be the most pick, but by college years, wearing stuff here and there, and no one really gives a damn. . . Unless you approach them in a less than admirable way.

Especially with the less obnoxious obsessive "fans" out of the way since Season 3.

Still hurts that Sweetie Belle still got the short end of the stick. Luna would've been nice. Something akin to Big Mac's ILD comics.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That depends on your current education year. Obviously high schoolers would be the most pick, but by college years, wearing stuff here and there, and no one really gives a damn. . . Unless you approach them in a less than admirable way.

Especially with the less obnoxious obsessive "fans" out of the way since Season 3.

Still hurts that Sweetie Belle still got the short end of the stick. Luna would've been nice. Something akin to Big Mac's ILD comics.
I'm out of high school and I'm not going to college, so...

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Then you have nothing to worry about. It's not called "bullying" at that point, it's just called "life".

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Speaking of. Diamond Tiara exposition.
But a little too rushed. Can't really have feels that genuine. Shame.

Edit: Welp. It happened. The End,

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I haven't been keeping up with pony, what have I missed since season 69 episode 420?
Did Asriel invade ponyville yet to show his [DETERMINATION]

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Twilight Sparkle got 3 more wings and the CMC got cutie marks in business and management.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Speaking of. Diamond Tiara exposition.
But a little too rushed. Can't really have feels that genuine. Shame.

Edit: Welp. It happened. The End,
I don't think I could summarize how I felt about this episode more acutely. I liked the feels and the episode, but yeah. I totally agree.

Maybe the spoilers ruined it for me, which doesn't normally happen. I usually watch the episodes live. Oh well.

Happy five years of MLP. This was the community that got me hooked (well, what remains of it). I love you guys to hell and back.

Top Bottom