• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I got a question for all the bronies and pegasisters.

What are your plans for the wait for Season Six?
Perform dark satanic rituals in an attempt to combine our world with Equestria so that I may one day pet the poni.

Realistically, draw ponies to sate my need for ponies. And like, video games I guess.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Nothing different. All it means is not worrying about missing a 10:30CST time slot.
Maybe drawing a 30min sketch per episode that would've been in that time.
Video games rule my life.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What Espy said. Working on art too.

Off-season of pony hasn't tended to change much for me. That will be different this time around, as I look to contribute more.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Hello all! I was just told of this thread, so that's a thing. I don't really know what to talk about though, so yeah. Ponies! I guess I'll copy paste my answer to Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi 's question from a different thread.
I'm gonna be getting an Art Tablet for Christmas, and I have already bought Photoshop CC, so, I'm gonna get more into the digital side of art. Probably mostly doing ponies, because my humans still look hideous, and my ponies at least look presentable. I've been drawing for about a year now, but sadly, not that often. So hopefully I'll get better at doing it more often as long as school doesn't kill all of my time for me.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Draw all of our oc donut steel
Were you talking to me? I mean, I guess so. So far I've only drawn Main cast ponies and such, but if any of you wanted me to, I could totally try after Christmas comes around. I dunno how great they'd be because I'm still very much so a beginner, but yeah.

EDIT: I Literally just got that name. Donut Steel. I've seen the two videos many times, but I had never evevn thought about the name meaning Do Not Steal. Donut Steel. Wow. Shows you how much smarts I have.

EDIT2: Just in case, My Avatar picture was not made by me, so that does not reflect how good I am at art at all. I am way below that level, in my opinion. (Link to source in signature)

I think we can all agree

Crusaders of the Lost Mark

is this season's best episode.
I agree with you there. That episode was fantastic.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Progress Report 60. Season 3 Episode 8: Apple Family Reunion

What an episode. I can't say I like Country Music very much, but I admit had a cat not been lying on me, I would've started square-dancing to it considering I just got back from my girlfriend's house where I saw the episode. It was great seeing Babs and Braeburn again, and I really cracked up when I saw that flashback with Applejack as a baby. That really slapped my knee. I kinda get a bad feeling about it though, because of the two shooting stars that appeared twice in the episode, I'm convinced that Applejack's parents are deceased.

Final rating: 8.5/10

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

That's the last episode with a front and center Babsy. It's sad. She's my favorite.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't pick a best off the top of my head, but Amending Fences and The Mane Attraction are easily up there.

I'd like to count the last 5 minutes of Brotherhooves Social as an episode too. Such a good scene. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Well y'all brought over whatever was going on in your group into our thread. The split did kill activity on either side, but as I mentioned in the group, I'm more active in the threads because I was with them since Season 1 so I had no reason to partake in the group as much. But good of y'all to join us, us old coots could really feed on your young energy.

As for the preferred Season 5 episode would be Twilight-centric throwback of Amending Fences.
The Mane Attraction follows up with content and energy.
Slice of Life and Rarity Investiages! are a distant third for such shenanigans.
Castle Sweet Castle for Honorable Mention in the feels. Maybe Brotherhood Social as well.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Before they allowed Zaj to recreate the MLP GD and before Smashboards transferred hosts, we had a MLP Social Group.
When the transfer happened, it lost our social group, and then KeybladePony created a new MLP Social Group, which most of us didn't know.
By the time word of that group got around Zaj and Espy to tell us, they allowed Zaj to create MLP GD2 so we mainly lurked here. However I noticed a good amount of y'all were new names to us, but y'all are pretty active in your group.
In a nutshell, it's more of a split between the old thread goers and y'all new group goers.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Oh, okay. That's pretty interesting. I had never heard of this thread until recently. And both it and the MLP group were just two halves of the same group basically. Regardless, I hope this means that there will be more MLP-related activity in general. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
they allowed Zaj to create MLP GD2 so we mainly lurked here.
Now here's the funny thing about this, they never approved for us to have a new thread. After the first 2 years of asking every couple months and no response we finally said **** it and made the thread.

Also to answer about old thread lock, it was basically:
1. Too active, even though there was more active threads back then, even moreso now with stuff like the Smash 4 social with as much activity as the pony thread and has gone through 6 (six) threads.
Even posts like this and despite warnings, of course allowed to keep thread and continue, just that smidgen less spam though :^)
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...ion-hyyyyyyype.412170/page-1751#post-20564567

2. People hate ponies

3. IF WE'RE NOT SOLELY TALKING BOUT THE SHOW WE GET THREATENED WITH LOCK, no fanfics yt content creators etc. allowed, only thing that was actually worth coming into the thread and warning was stuff like 1k post night and even then that was a one time thing.

4. Ponies, BURN THEM. Sonic Pokemon and furries are ok though :>

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Wait, they don't let you talk about pony/brony content creators or anything? That's pretty dumb.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Zaj told me he got permission from one mod as far as I remembered.
Those limitations were put into place because we were way too active to the point that every other post was "off topic" or spam if you will.
To some, having pony avatar is still means to dismiss anything we say.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now here's the funny thing about this, they never approved for us to have a new thread. After the first 2 years of asking every couple months and no response we finally said **** it and made the thread.
Nah, I got permission to make the thread. It just took me a good while to actually get an answer.
Why did the split happen in the first place?
Basically what beros said. Old thread got locked, I made a group in the meantime, all groups got purged when the site switched to a new format, then the current group got made before I was able to revive the thread. Also there's a poni thread in the disco room that got sporadic traffic. Problem is people have to pay for premium to get in there. In short, staff locking the old thread made everyone confused.
Wait, they don't let you talk about pony/brony content creators or anything? That's pretty dumb.
Nowadays, it doesn't really matter, since we're not going 100 posts a minute. Don't be afraid to post fan stuff, we love it. Those rules were to try and cut down on spam, which the thread was pretty guilty of. Like how we'd talk about playing mario kart with other bronies, which really has nothing to do with pone.
Is hating bronies seriously still a thing?
The anti-pone has died down immensely. There's still a few sticks in the mud, but overall, people don't give as much of a damn anymore. Most "hate" is done ironically. Kinda like anti-sonic comments.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Progress Report 61. Season 3 Episode 9. Spike at your service.

Ummm, what the heck? I know that Twilight was a bit distracted by all that reading assigned by the princess, but all that about the Dragon Code I did not see coming at all. Not even Rainbow Dash's scheme of a Rock Tower seemed to do the trick. (I also kinda groaned for a bit, because that is obviously not what Timberwolves look like)

Final Score: 6/10

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you'll find that many Spike episodes tend to miss the mark. It's honestly because Spike doesn't have any consistency, and they write him however they feel fits episodes best, so episodes centered around him kinda lack foundation. He works best when it's a Spike + mane pony combo, like in S4's Inspiration Manifestation. They're not all bad though. I quite liked Princess Spike from S5, since it feels like a continuation of Secret of my Excess from S2, which is also a pretty decent Spike episode.
In other news, the update in the MLP app happened. Customizable poniez!!!

Oh and this too: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/12/nickelodeon-partners-with-hasbro-for.html
Applejack's snout looks very odd in that image.
Stock pony art always looks weird. They should really just use show assets.

I blew all my gems on pretty hairstyles for my ponies in that game though. Of course they cost gems too. I hate that game because of its mobile game syndrome, but I play it anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom