• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Why did you link me to this right before I wanted to sleep? T_T

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh cool, a neat and clean collection of all the posters I need to block.

Thanks, Zach!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Damn it Meno, do I have to bring up the whole sweety feet thing again?

Cause I'm not gonna stop until you explain it. I will kidnap you in your sleep and then force you to watch this show for hours on end until you explain it to me.

Another comic, aw yeeeee~ With extra crossover!

Reizilla

I admit, I thought I wasn't gonna like Rarity at first, but she's grown on me.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
HOLY GOD YES I LOVE ALL OF RARITY IN TODAY'S EPISODE.

Her "whining" was so adorable.

And freaking manly Spike being manly and manning it up like a man like no man has ever manned before.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
This episode only further proves that ponies will always be better than the secret butt fun dogs.

Also, Twilight further proving she's OP.

"Oh look at me, I CAN FIND GEMS TOO." You can do freaking everything can't you Twilight?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
She basically went Kirby on her without actually needing to be around her.
Broken.

Dream Spike will be added to the tier list soon. Probably slightly under Dash.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i think you will find that people either like this **** or they dont. theres not really any neutral discussion to be had or interest to be gained. if you guys legitimately like this show as you say, instead of ironically liking it to be funny and "~wEiRd PeOpLe oUt~" maybe u would find more productive discussion on a "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" forum. good luck

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
i think you will find that people either like this **** or they dont. theres not really any neutral discussion to be had or interest to be gained. if you guys legitimately like this show as you say, instead of ironically liking it to be funny and "~wEiRd PeOpLe oUt~" maybe u would find more productive discussion on a "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" forum. good luck
What's wrong with having this thread and discussing the show here?
Huh. Stealth and I need to hate it up in here.

But to be honest, I haven't seen a single episode yet, haha. I might check it out later.
This thread was made so we didn't have to bother the PGD with the MLP talk. Why would you come here to hate on it if you were complaining so much about it being in the PGD?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
This thread was made so we didn't have to bother the PGD with the MLP talk. Why would you come here to hate on it if you were complaining so much about it being in the PGD?
I was making a joke by alluding to the "war" in the PGD. Lighten up, lol.

Besides, I even said that I might actually check out the show later. I don't think that fits the definition of hate.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
She basically went Kirby on her without actually needing to be around her.
Broken.

Dream Spike will be added to the tier list soon. Probably slightly under Dash.
Just to clarify you are talking about your tier list and not Zajice's right. This one right:

Just finished the episode.
Probably my favorite so far.

Rarity's wings REALLY didn't make her as broken as I thought they would. Weak and unable to help her mobility much more than getting her into the air, I thought they were going to be regular wings.

Ponies Tier List

S Tier
Twilight Sparkle - It's really a given that she should be broken, with such immense magical power so early. She's lifted huge things at ridiculous ranges, has a wide selection of spells, and can easily hit multiple targets at once. She DOES suffer from limited basic stats and doesn't have the best mobility, but it's easy when it's possible just freeze everything around and lift it up, then drop it to the ground.

Her psychokinesis alone is enough to make her good. The large number of spells just gives more variety to the destruction.

A Tier
Rainbow Dash - Amazing speed and power, plus the ability to change the weather and have complete control over the sky. She has some ranged moves in the ability to create tornadoes and maybe push them away. Could possibly be Twilight status if she had an easy projectile and not ones that took so much effort. But the high speed, good powered attacks work well enough.

"Toon" Pinkie -

"Keen" Pinkie - Although she doesn't have great stats and is only an Earth Pony, tapping into the ability to predict the future at will would be incredible. ASSUMING she could do it at will.

B Tier
"Flying" Rarity - Rarity, with the limited ability to fly. The wings didn't break her as bad as previously expected, but she CAN fly with them. They are fragile and break easily though, and only are active for few days.

Applejack - She has the best averaged, and the most balanced stats. A solid projectile game means she could out camp a lot of the others if it came down to it. She just gets shut down by fliers and magic. I'd assume she's like an exact replica of Toon Link (even though I REALLY wasn't thinking of brawl when I thought about this).

Rarity - Horrible stats, the only thing keeping her alive is the slight magic she has, and the potential behind it. She has a moderate
psychokinesis, but (I don't think) much else has been seen. She can move at an incredible pace with it though, shown by making an outfit from curtains in mere seconds.

C Tier
Derpy Hooves - Basically like Pinkie Pie, but with wings. Derp.

Pinkie Pie - Not so good stats (excluding speed), and nothing special being an Earth Pony. Not much to say here. (imo underdeveloped in this field, though) The ability to predict things would change her significantly. This is the basic Pinkie, if her Toon abilities would be banned.

D Tier
Fluttershy - "I...umm...oh..."
jk, though. But she doesn't even use her wings all the time. Of course, if she could tap into the animals and become a sort of "Summoner" class, she'd be Low A/High B for a good mobility and the "Spike" summon.
Given new episodes I think we need an updated tier list.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I haven't seen the episode yet. I'm expecting to watch it soon.
I'm pretty excited. Rarity is easily my second favorite pony.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It's an S-tier episode! Rarity is such an entertaining character. I think I might like her more than Fluttershy. :o

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rarity has actually had less screen time than any other character I believe. Fluttershy is pretty close though.

Man Rarity's personality is absolutely perfect for centering jokes around.

Faust always talked about how she hated the typical girly characters obsessed with fashion and junk, and she somehow made an awesome version of that very character stereotype she hated.

Faust 2gud.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I got around to watching the latest episode and I have to say, wow, that was epic. It might of just knocked sonic rainboom out of the category of favorite episode.

Reizilla

Leaf, Fluttershy in D-tier? She has dat stare! Broken tier, if you ask me. :glare:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Finally watched the episode.
It was fantastic in every way. Spike's imagination sequence made me lol, and Rarity is giving me more and more reasons to love her. The digging scene, all of the fake whining.

It was all so good.

Suited for Success is still better in my opinion, though.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
What's wrong with having this thread and discussing the show here?
I like to post in the gym thread and part of the reason I like it is because there's a lot of new interest and unique discussion. If it was me, shmot and theboredone posting over and over I'd stop posting. If someone posted a 500 word exercise tier list I would probably tell them to knock it off and post something useful. It seems like at best this thread exists simply for the people who already like a TV show to talk about... how much they like the TV show. Which begs the question of why you ever posted it here or in any other forum besides Media Metropolis. My last post insinuated that, based on the low content of the thread, fan art, mentions of 4chan, prevalence of pony avatars, etc, that this is not intended to be a mature contribution to the forums and instead meant to incite discomfort in the (admitted) majority of users on the negative end of such a polarizing subject.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I like to post in the gym thread and part of the reason I like it is because there's a lot of new interest and unique discussion. If it was me, shmot and theboredone posting over and over I'd stop posting. If someone posted a 500 word exercise tier list I would probably tell them to knock it off and post something useful. It seems like at best this thread exists simply for the people who already like a TV show to talk about... how much they like the TV show. Which begs the question of why you ever posted it here or in any other forum besides Media Metropolis. My last post insinuated that, based on the low content of the thread, fan art, mentions of 4chan, prevalence of pony avatars, etc, that this is not intended to be a mature contribution to the forums and instead meant to incite discomfort in the (admitted) majority of users on the negative end of such a polarizing subject.
Or, you know, our intentions could be to talk about the developments of the show as they come out.

This is a new thread, the hype level is pretty high. Once everyone calms down and we find everyone that was scattered across the boards, I'm 90% sure the OMG SHOW IS SO GOOD will tone down and there will actually be some sort of conversation, like there has been in previous threads, and this will be a good thread for people who may be interested in the show to have a fair chance instead of having random people go DON'T WATCH THAT ***!

But until then...
OMG PONIES IS SUCH A GOOD SHOW

Reizilla

TwilightUMad.png

:(

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
18spikes, I can see why you think there's no content in this thread. Ponies on SWF began in the disco room where people have already posted and talked about the fluid animation, characters, voice talent and "omg this show doesn't suck sloth scrotum" among other things. Those aspects of the show are no longer hot discussion topics to those who have kept up with the series (vast majority of people in here) who have moved on to discussing episodes, character development and the occasional meme.
I do agree that this should be moved to Media Metro; we are discussing a televised series after all.

Anyways, there was some discussion going on about the latest episode before you came in with your reply to K Prime. A discussion to which we should get back to instead of replying to you (eighteenspikes) who have nothing noteworthy to say about the main topic at hand, the new My Little Pony series.

Rarity was definitely deserving of more screen time. Her brand of trolling, complaining and whining was definitely entertaining to watch. I also like how they introduced Rarity's way of dealing with the interests of others as a trade of services.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
and she should represent generosity.
she does cut her tail for the river snake and make outfits for everyone without thinking about it twice though.
she's just capricious and unpredictable like that I guess. =D she's the girliest of the bunch, but not to the point of being annoying/boring. Lauren Faust did a nice job for her personality.

D

Deleted member

ok what is it with this compulsiveness to make the exact same thread in every subforum possible? I've already seen this exact OP in the UB and DR, and it's not like there is not a single other place on the internet to talk about this.
(oh and before I get a lot of crap about this, I actually tried watching this show but it's just really not worth my time)

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
1: Disco Room - Not everyone has access, someone realized this a little too late.
2: User Blogs - Not exactly the place for a social thread.

People obviously just too lazy to type a new OP.

D

Deleted member

I never got why it was posted in UB in the first place, and mostly I'm like "ugh this thread again", especially with the whole "must convince people to watch MLP" style OP.
sorry for the hate but I just can't stand fanboys of any kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom