• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I felt the same way PG when purchasing my shirts. Then I realized, you're buying an article of clothing with an animated horse on it. Pony up, bro.
I just might do that then... once the Luna one becomes available in Mens that is.

john!

Smash Hero
gashi, just tell espy that the ruleset committee isn't part of the bbr so that espy can feel special about being in the other bbr. it's not worth fighting about.

the maturity and intelligence levels of this thread have taken a HUGE downswing lately. it's getting a little ridiculous, guys.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
the maturity and intelligence levels of this thread have taken a HUGE downswing lately. it's getting a little ridiculous, guys.
This thread.
It's about ponies.
And unicorns.
And pegasi...?
And a baby dragon.
In a place called equistria.
On a cartoon.
Aimed at small children.
On a website.
About a game.
Where solid snake fights jigglypuff.

What's maturity?

:phone:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Get hit don't cur.
Good because nobody else would care either.

I think the real issue with the title is people like to be right.
Gashi wants to be right about his title.
Espy wants to mod.
Ahh, life.
Problem is Z'zgashi would never be right.
While Espy is right.

But someone (probably gashi, simply because mods have been placed over us for a reason.) eventually needs to submit.
Mods need to be kept in check, of course.
But if it was my title I'd change it.
No, you'd change it because it's the right thing to do, not because Espy's a mod.

SIGH, Ive tried to explain it best I can, but I guess no one gets it. Besides, I didnt make the name, nor am I the one to direct complaints to. If you really want it changed that badly, you'll need to bring it up with AZ or Chibo. Besides, as the legit name is in fact BBR-RC, Im going to keep it that way unless its changed. Now can PLEASE stop *****ing to me about how 3 letters can give you anal pains?
It isn't about the RC. It's about YOUR title. Which is wrong.
See? Simple.

gashi, just tell espy that the ruleset committee isn't part of the bbr so that espy can feel special about being in the other bbr. it's not worth fighting about.

Yes because the maturity levels are really something people need to be concerned about on a My Little Pony thread on a video game forum.

Also, next to Tokyo and possibly mink you're the last one who should be complaining about the lack of maturity.

Oh god, there is a legitimate argument between two members of this thread that has carried on for more than a few posts.
EVERYBODY PANIC.

This thread.
It's about ponies.
And unicorns.
And pegasi...?
And a baby dragon.
On a cartoon.
Aimed at small children.
On a website.
About a game.

What's maturity?
*Equestria

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
This thread.
It's about ponies.
And unicorns.
And pegasi...?
And a baby dragon.
On a cartoon.
Aimed at small children.
On a website.
About a game.

What's maturity?

I laughed pretty hard at this.

But still, stop arguing over stupid stuff. You guys are stupid, both the committee/backroom/whateveryouwannacallit groups are pretty dumb anyways.

Post pony.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because you're still the only one to legitimately get upset because of me.
Multiple times.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Espy + Fluttershy

Hey all,

It is not my place to complain in any forum but I just felt utterly hurt by what I heard in TKO's blog. To have my event called overrated after all the hard work me and my staff has put in to make sure that everyone has something to do just makes me upset beyond measure.

I mean its all of these games :

- Brawl
- Melee
- Pokemon
- SF [latest version]
- MVC [latest version]
- MK [latest version]

Not even from a competitive gaming standpoint either. We have

-Artist Alley [aka pony pictures and commissions on site]
-giveaways [3ds and all other stuff]
-booth babes
-cosplaying

We have more stuff than any tournament across the World that features Smash as the main event.

So I decide to look up who wrote it. It was PhantomX. Ok I do not mind. Despite me paying for him to go to Apex 2009, he has not played in over two years. I can understand since he never was involved in Apex 2010 or is going to Apex 2012. What bothered me were two of the people I thought were cool talking about not going and listening to this guy.

Let me say this. I have been told by various people in their region that they are two-faced. I never believed it. Espy and I...well...I think Espy is kinda cool and Fluttershy is a nice guy as well. At one point I offered to fly/help fly Espy out because his main reason for not going to Apex was money. Yet I find out he has enough to buy a Labtop.

Put yourself in my shoes guys. You start collecting money because you are a fan of someone you respect and then you hear that. Does that not make you feel like you are just being lied to.

As for Fluttershy. I cannot express my disappointment enough in hearing him say he won't go to Apex. Most likely he believes something that is not true and that is that Apex 2012 is not worth going to. That an Event like this that dozens of people spend hours working on to make it for EVERYONE is not for him. Could it be money issues? Maybe ...but it made it look like he listens to someone who has not been in the scene in years. I do not like those types of people. They are know-it-alls and assume that are better than others. I believe everyone is equal and has equal say but that is just beyond mind boggling.

Needless to say it bothers me when it is those two. You can say a lot about how I reacted but I am honest. I am not going to come in and say F this and F that. I just want them to know how much it hurt to support people like that. I, especially, have done more for this community than any high level player has. Not just Brawl but Melee and beyond.

-sigh- this is on deaf ears :( I should not type anyone...I am going to just leave it be and just forget I ever knew people like that.

Skler

Smash Master
It's ok, John. Those of us who are good at an awesome game don't need to explain why we're awesome.

Alex: Don't worry about what people say. You're a great guy who runs events that are ****ing incredible. Who cares what a few people say? The vast majority agree that your events are either

A. Off the chain

B. Off the hook

C. The best thing they've ever attended

Why let a few neighsayers bother you? Don't let them get you down.

Edit: If somebody paid for me to go to a tourny you'd bet I'd practice my *** off before hand. No reason to let down somebody who cares enough to shell out hard-earned money for me. Hell, if people cared enough to pay for me I'd at least donate my time to keeping them from being disappony in me.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The fact that it is those two is why it bothers me the most skler. You bend over backwards for people and they talk about you in another thread.

It is deplorable.

Skler

Smash Master
Some people are just not good friends and thus not magic. Don't let the bad folks get you down. As much as it sucks, from what I've seen the smash community is pretty awesome. You could get a house to stay in in any state as far as I'm concerned.

I've gone across the country and found people willing to play the game with me, so don't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch.

john!

Smash Hero
Because you're still the only one to legitimately get upset because of me.
Multiple times.
and that means lack of maturity?

i don't take **** from anybody. deal with it.

all i try to do is find groups of people that aren't scum of the earth. the pony thread has partially succeeded but it's stupid **** like this that makes me think otherwise.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I looked up to Espy cause he was a sonic player ( I do not play sonic but I mean Sonic is my favorite character ever )...so maybe I should not expect much from top players ... i forget how they are fake most of the time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
and that means lack of maturity?

i don't take **** from anybody. deal with it.

all i try to do is find groups of people that aren't scum of the earth. the pony thread has partially succeeded but it's stupid **** like this that makes me think otherwise.
Lol, are you serious?
Getting angry (especially prematurely ... over a squabble on the internet) is immature.
Not being able to accept that is also pretty immature.

How about learning to handle things in a respectful manner before you start accusing other's of not doing the same.

john!

Smash Hero
Lol, are you serious?
Getting angry (especially prematurely ... over a squabble on the internet) is immature.
Not being able to accept that is also pretty immature.

How about learning to handle things in a respectful manner before you start accusing other's of not doing the same.
getting mad is immature? if nobody ever got angry, then what huge changes would ever be enacted in the world? everyone would be too happy with the current state of things to see how much they suck and can be improved.

by the way... i show respect to absolutely everyone unless they don't do they same. that's more that can be said for most others.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Alex you need to calm down.
You have to look it at from Espy's side.
It was either spending money at a tournament that would only last a moment, or spend the money on a laptop.

Now think about it, which one seems better?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
getting mad is immature? if nobody ever got angry, then what huge changes would ever be enacted in the world? everyone would be too happy with the current state of things to see how much they suck and can be improved.
Wow ... did you really just say this?

by the way... i show respect to absolutely everyone unless they don't do they same. that's more that can be said for most others.
Basically everyone in this thread besides me does this.
Stop acting so high and mighty.

It was either spending money at a tournament that would only last a moment, or spend the money on a laptop.

Wait, Alex is mad because Espy wants to get a new laptop instead of going to his tournament?

Lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

I am calm but there is a difference to me between telling me the truth or just saying you have no money at all.

That is where I am coming from. I really do understand buying a labtop but he should tell me these things so I can figure out how to help him.

I just think, sadly now, what they say about him is true and I tried hard to not believe it.

I love helping people but talking behind my back is :(

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Define "they".
Texas smash scene.

I mean you guys can mock me for feeling upset and its fine I do not think its a bad thing. I just...you do not know how much work someone puts in to help people and help the community. Most sit and enjoy what they have while others, like me, care about the future and go to great lengths to show how great our community is.

Skler

Smash Master
People need to look at it from Alex's point of view.

Somebody who you look up to says "Hey, I can't make it because I don't have the money."

Alex raises the money and says "come to this tournament, ****'s going to be the bomb."

The player says "Oh ****, I bought a new laptop but I'm not going to make it to your tourny. LOLOLOL."

If you can't make it to a tourny even though travel has been paid for you then something is wrong. I'd gladly go to any Apex if travel was paid, but I don't have the money. If somebody cared enough to pay for me you beat your *** I'd be there in a heartbeat after training as long as I could.

How can people be so disrespectful?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
lol.

Have you ever been to Texas? Have you seen the work put in by people around there to help the community? It's just as much, if not more than every where else possible. I'd really like some examples of how people are just sitting around, because I can give you an example of the community NOT doing that for every one you give me.

I dunno why Espy would say that, my guess is to spare your feelings because he has bigger priorities than an expensive weekend where he would be likely earning nothing back because of the big name competition, and instead you take it the wrong way. Which sounds better:

Oh Alex I can't go because I want to spend money on something else.

or

Oh Alex I can't go and there really isn't anything I can do about it.

And it's not like he's lying if he said he didn't have the money, I'll agree that a computer is WAY more important than a tournament. As fun as it would be, he really needs the damn computer because of society basically requiring it these days.

Seriously, please stop thinking that you are the only one that cares and if something happens that throws a rock in your plans, stop getting all emo about it and throwing a fit at the pony thread.

If he doesn't want to go to the tournament, then leave him alone and put the money to something better instead of nagging someone about it. A person doesn't have to share their reasons over it, just accept that it's not happening if they don't want it to.

Skler

Smash Master
The difference is that he said he didn't have the money so Alex got him the money. Why not man up and tell the truth? You won't hurt anybody's feelings by saying "a videogame is not as important as [event that is happening that weekend], sorry I couldn't make it."

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Its weird. I post only how I truly feel without really over thinking it in this thread. Most of my staff have been keeping me from saying anything. It is hard to deal with all the things a TO has plus all the medical things and all that nonsense.

I wish...it sounds so immature to say this and admit...sometimes I wish I had that one person to confide in about everything. You can say "talk to cris" but ultimately she will understand some of it not all of it.

meh im ranting

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
This thread.
It's about ponies.
And unicorns.
And pegasi...?
And a baby dragon.
On a cartoon.
Aimed at small children.
On a website.
About a game.

What's maturity?

Not to mention, an 8 bit characters jab looks VERY similar to... fun time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did he ask you to get him money for the trip?
If not then you have nothing to be upset about.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
telling me is fine I never really cared. I just find it beyond upsetting to see people bash and put down ( they didnt do this but they didnt really defend it either ) an event that...tbh is going to be better than anything I have seen others do in this community.

To be fair to him... I did offer him the money cause I love his play style and he is my friend.

So ya we can drop it im just a moron as always.

john!

Smash Hero
guys. I don't get one thing.
did Espy OPENLY ask for you guys to collect the money to have the trip paid?
it's something you did out of your free will, no one asked you guys if I grasped the situation correctly - DAMN YOU SPELT
Did he ask you to get him money for the trip?
If not then you have nothing to be upset about.
so i'm not the only one who was wondering about this...

alex, most of us have tons of respect for what you do for the community, but you really shouldn't take it personally if some people decide that they don't want to go to apex. different people have different priorities.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
*sigh* ya maybe I should be doing a lot of things...

Sorry for being a downer. I just...I know how I feel about certain things. I work hard...I help people...sigh...IDK anymore...its not even a huge deal to me but today I have felt nothing but sadness and just hopelessnesss.

God I am looking for pity again...nm

Just will try to OD on lexapro or something today.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As for Fluttershy. I cannot express my disappointment enough in hearing him say he won't go to Apex. Most likely he believes something that is not true and that is that Apex 2012 is not worth going to. That an Event like this that dozens of people spend hours working on to make it for EVERYONE is not for him. Could it be money issues? Maybe ...but it made it look like he listens to someone who has not been in the scene in years. I do not like those types of people. They are know-it-alls and assume that are better than others. I believe everyone is equal and has equal say but that is just beyond mind boggling.
Listen here buddy, I cant go for muliple reasons, involving my money situation, life problems, and much more. For example, I have almost no money whatsoever to my name right now and am living nearly paycheck to paycheck. If anything whatsoever goes wrong, Im pretty much ****ed, especially if I throw $500+ on a weekend. I was kicked out of my house without a job or anything, and had to live in my car for a couple days until I found a job (which is near minimum wage and only part time, which is the best I could find in this economy) and a friend to stay with for a while until I got settled. I just recently got on my feet enough to room with some friends in an appartment paying rent, and I have no money to even go have a fun night out once in a while, Im stuck on $5 a day for all my food and fun once you take living expenses out of the picture. There's more going on as well that I'd rather not share, but trust me, Im not sitting pretty with my pockets full and whatnot.

So while if I tried hard, I MIGHT be able to make Apex, it's just a risk Im not willing to take in my current situation. Now, if things were to change for the better in a way I'd feel more comfortable about it, I'd go for sure. It insults me that you flat out say Im blowing you off when you have no idea what Im going through, nor the situation Im currently in.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
So while if I tried hard, I MIGHT be able to make Apex, it's just a risk Im not willing to take in my current situation. Now, if things were to change for the better in a way I'd feel more comfortable about it, I'd go for sure. It insults me that you flat out say Im blowing you off when you have no idea what Im going through, nor the situation Im currently in.
already wrote i was misinformed and that im sorry.

I cannot do much besides just do what I need to so this can be avoided on my end again...but i shouldn't say what im doing cause that would cause a lot of phone calls my way ^^;;

**** did it again -.-

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
He just recently started having problems with his laptop, it's not like it's something that he has been thinking about since you mentioned APEX to him.
You're jumping too much into this and get caught emotionally.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya im so ****ing stupid so ****ing ****ing stupid

yea hehehee i should fix that fix fix fix...

it really hurts...but idc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom