• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That applies to any skill though.
Anything, pretty much anything has people involved having the desire to improve themselves. It's okay if you're modest about it, but there's a difference between being modest and being, for the lack of a better word, hurtful about it. Look at X (Sonic main). When he beat Dojo at MLG Dallas, he celebrated, and rightly so (it was a clutch match, and he deserved all the congrats possible). Then he started telling his group how bad he was at the game, and how many mistakes he made and how his character is awful in Brawl. It's a backhanded insult to Dojo's skill, to the skill of all the players he managed to defeat up to that point, and a distasteful thing to say towards the crowd.

That type of behavior undoubtedly crosses the line, and under VERY little, if any circumstances, should that type of behavior be practiced.

Zajice...he kinda dances pretty close to it with his negativity about his own work, which is INSANE. I love the man with super duper, extra chocolatey apple<333~s, but I just can't stand hearing that kinda attitude from someone who CLEARLY has and utilizes his skills to a great degree. Drives me applecrazy.

That's a terrible attitude to take though.
Understand that there's room for improvement, and aim to achieve the next level, but calling your own drawings garbage isn't psychologically helping you any more. Even if you are aware of this, simply saying it has an effect.

It's called a "Self Fulfilling Prophecy". :applejack:
Is that why you always sound annoyed when I call myself bad, despite playing you at WHOBO 3 and having a crowd behind me telling you to "3 Stock this terrible Yoshi!"?

Really though, any negativity I have on myself isn't from thinking I'm bad, it's from not being as good as I myself PERSONALLY want to be.
I've been on 4chan waaaaaay too much lately, even on -Shivers- Ponychan... Anyways Streams everywhere, so i've been ****** my internet watching these streams.
One thing I've noticed, they all take forever to draw.
Along with just adding shading it's like another two hours of work. I still think you're much better and faster then most of the artists out there, Just wondering how your art would be with certain things most images have that your's doesn't.

Of course, my opinion on what's good and what isn't shouldn't matter since I myself can't even draw yet...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Speed in drawing doesn't equal skill though, Slush.
It's just a matter of preference.

In writing, I know a writer who is on par with my current skill, yet he only takes several hours to type up a chapter, while I take weeks. Same general concept.

@Slush: I get annoyed when anyone calls themselves bad and mean it. :applejack:

Owsla

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I made a thread about this in Pool Room yesterday, but looks like it was the wrong forum. Didn't know there was such a huge MLP thread =O

So for my high school news magazine, I wrote an article about Friendship is Magic! It's basically supposed to introduce teens / anyone else to the phenomenon of FiM and explain why it's so popular. I thought maybe you guys would be interested in taking a look.

http://palyvoice.com/node/28874

If you like the story, please "like" it and leave a comment. Thanks! =)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Speed in drawing doesn't equal skill though, Slush.
It's just a matter of preference.

In writing, I know a writer who is on par with my current skill, yet he only takes several hours to type up a chapter, while I take weeks. Same general concept.

@Slush: I get annoyed when anyone calls themselves bad and mean it. :applejack:
BUT I AM BAD.
The better half of almost 2 years spending close to $800 on tournaments and not getting a penny out of it and I've yet to beat anyone notable, unless anyone counts our regions people it'd only come down to
Santi andilex & Sync

i know nothing of art, so ill just post this:
The blobs are spreading, POST SMOOZE!
[collapse=Hidden Cause people Hate Trixie]
[/collapse]

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
here is my scatching from today, work was so boring so I took a pencil and draw a little bit
luckily my boss didn't see it

I tried to draw twilight form memory but it was awful hard at least for me
I still have trouble with these pony proportions
drawing a normal anime character is a 1000 times easier :D

never give up drawing and have a nice day! :pinkiepie:
Pretty sweet. The only off proportion would either making the front body smaller or the the front limbs bigger then you're golden. Cartoons sometimes just make frustrated how simply they're shaped, yet complicated to perfectly emulate. Considering the difference between drawing board images Lauren Faust occasionally gives us to the end product of flash based animation is quite the difference.

You guys are crazy. My drawings are crap, mostly cause It's hard to hold a pencil with hooves.

Really though, any negativity I have on myself isn't from thinking I'm bad, it's from not being as good as I myself PERSONALLY want to be.
With patience, hooves will not be a problem. I used to think your way. Especially with my first Twilight drawing and oh who remembers the horrid nose experience back with ponies with kiwis. And then I looked up to you, inspired by you, and I'm mighty proud of what it takes to keep drawing ponies.
[COLLAPSE="Sneak ***ing Peek"]

Pencil and pen baby, I thank a HS friend a few of SA remembers as Karl for showing me it's possible[/COLLAPSE]

Just take y'alls time on drawing, cause personally I like taking that time to ease the curves on Twilight's body. Soon, the thread will not only be flooded with other artists' drawings, but each and every one of our sun-and-moon blessed drawings.

Hey guys, I made a thread about this in Pool Room yesterday, but looks like it was the wrong forum. Didn't know there was such a huge MLP thread =O

So for my high school news magazine, I wrote an article about Friendship is Magic! It's basically supposed to introduce teens / anyone else to the phenomenon of FiM and explain why it's so popular. I thought maybe you guys would be interested in taking a look.

http://palyvoice.com/node/28874

If you like the story, please "like" it and leave a comment. Thanks! =)
Skim-read about twice, not bad. You touched on a lot of cult references, but kinda deviated from the title/topic about being for diverse audiences. I approve of the amount of Twilight quotes love, but could've went about to include the remaining five mane ponies and what makes their fanatics go goo-goo for them. I believe you did touch on how audiences can relate to the situations, reactions, and conversations that make the show more enjoyable. Also if you ever did read Lauren Faust's reply sourced somewhere on her DeviantArt, she also conveys that not only the children, but their parents were kept in mind in the creation of the show. Overall, still decent, report of how it was received by your school

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why, my folders are generally small with my biggest folder having 600 Pinkie images and my second biggest being vinyl scratch/Octavia having only 240.
That and I have no idea how to mak zips.

Jesus Christ man put some collapse tags around that ****.

The image is small for me, Didn't notice it was 2kx2k.

Doesn't matter, Silence you fool.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I've got almost 200 images of Spike.

I don't organize the rest of my pony folders by character because they just don't matter as much to me.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
That's a terrible attitude to take though.
Understand that there's room for improvement, and aim to achieve the next level, but calling your own drawings garbage isn't psychologically helping you any more. Even if you are aware of this, simply saying it has an effect.

It's called a "Self Fulfilling Prophecy". :applejack:
Well, I'm not really calling my stuff garbage.
What I say is more along the lines of "Well, my drawings are fairly good. Just not as good as Zaj's work".
Besides doesn't Zaj have this kind of attitude when he compares his work with 0r0's work?

You guys are crazy. My drawings are crap, mostly cause It's hard to hold a pencil with hooves.

Forget Applejack, You're the silly pony Zaj.
You draw with your mouth, not your hooves (like in Over a Barrel). :p

===
I'd like to say that Smooze pic has a bit of creepiness to it mostly because of the thought of watching a scene where it does that to a pony.

Lastly I'll crack and just show my practice pony sketch despite it's one major flaw.

NOPE.
*stretching noise*
Dang it Luna! You're supposed to stretch your neck out not your body.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I drew a sadwich in class right now.

EDIT: It's a sad sandwich.
I can't explain how hard this made me laugh, maybe its the morphine.

Hey everypony, I just got out of the hospital with a migrane that stuck to me for 4 days, finally went to the ER and was loaded with drugs. Didn't fully get rid of it, but I'm well enough to look at my screen.

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I can't explain how hard this made me laugh, maybe its the morphine.

Hey everypony, I just got out of the hospital with a migrane that stuck to me for 4 days, finally went to the ER and was loaded with drugs. Didn't fully get rid of it, but I'm well enough to look at my screen.
You have morphine? Niiiiiiiiiice~!

Migraines suck. Get well soon brony from another pony.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

[collapse=Image Dump]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Why don't you join my Bible Black club?]

[/collapse]

[collapse=WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****!?]

[/collapse]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I guess that episode marks the first time ever to not have Twilight in an episode.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Before I go work out side, a quick note spoiler about today's episode
Berry Punch and both racing AND in the stands. OMNIPRESENCE
But Sweetie Belle is just being mad cute
And Applejack mad shifty
LOVE

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, I loved that episode, but probably cuz I love the balls off of Sweetie Belle, so seeing an episode all about her was awesome.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q
just wanted to point out that Rarity managed to do everything AJ normally does on the first try.
whether she taught her or not, that was amazing.
damn Berry Punch, apparently she was sober this time.
not at the same level as Lesson Zero imo, but an episode full of Rarity was good enough. too bad we didn't get a duet. =<

also rarity's parents, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This episode was definitely a little better, if not on the same level as Luna Eclipsed.
Sweetie Belle was cute as hell the entire episode, which I loved, and this episode also made Applejack look more awesome than usual which is ALWAYS a plus.

Also, I stayed up all night to wait for this episode since I stayed up too late, but I fell asleep and woke up DURING the race, so I had to rewatch it to catch the episode. I FLIPPED when I saw Rarity's family.

All of those orphan fics and tragedy fics concerning Rarity and Sweetie's family...
Mmm-mm, I love the smell of burning fanon in the morning.

OH, and this episode of Pound Puppies is so hilariously racist. :applejack:

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Well, missed the episode, wasn't on the stream. Went to get new glasses, etc.

I'll check it out later today, Give my input later.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Watched the recorded episode on Youtube. This episode propelled Rarity up on my Mane6 list something sharp; she's top three now. Overall, I may give it another gander, but this may be my favorite episode of the season. Ending had an unexpected twist, for me, at least. Would, and will, watch again. I thought Rarity's parents were misplaced background ponies at first glance, and I had a considerable amount of confusion upon that sight. They look swell, though; not bad.
"Let me guess: Applesauce?"
"No, toast!" I died.

"Of course I give! I give... reasonable demands." This got me as well.
:pinkiepie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom