• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Lucario´s Versus!

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone, my nick is Hellsing and with the help of other members of the Chilean forum, we are testing the new Smash Bros Brawl...using some characters and playing this great game.

Lucario is a very nice character to me ^^...i like it and he has some usefull combos. the only bad thing is that he has a lot of lag with his smash and he need a high percent to kill the opponent, because he does more damage when he has a high percent...but in the other thing...is a very great character.

Here´s the link of the battle:

Hellsing(Lucario) vs Fuku(Pit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWMRhSEnjV0

Enjoy it and Cyas ;D!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That was pretty good Hellsing.
However, I suggest you use less Nairs simply because you can't really follow up attacks too well because of its lag time in the air.

If you think your opponent is going to roll, instead of grabbing, use your DSmash, so if he rolls behind you or spot dodges, he'll get hit anyways, as long as you hold it for a split second.

If your opponent is going to shield, use either your B> or the U or D Throws, followed by any aerial that isn't NAir.

=P Once I get my own copy, I'll be happy to take you in a Lucario ditto.

-DD

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
A very nice observation about the fight...I hope to see you in the batlle net mode because I´ll try to learn more combos and attacks ;)

Thanks for the suggestion and I`ll try to upload more videos about lucario...because is one of my favorite characters too ;).

Cyas!

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
can u do a quick vid with each of his colors? like actually on the battlefield, not just charcter select screen. thanks!

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
OK...I´ll try to do that in ;), but if you post in this theme...try to write some commentaries about the battle or somthing like that in the next time ;).

Cyas!

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Nice vid, this is one of the better Lucario matches I've seen. However, I would suggest that you not use the upsmash much. It is pretty situational and has substantial lag if you miss.

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
The Upsmash is very difficult to connect because lucario has a lot of lag when it does that attacks. For me, the most usefull smash attacks is the Fsmash with a bit of charge...because in this game...al the characters use the dodge in a very fast time...so if you charge a bit this attacks...you can wait when your opponent finish his dodge and attack! ^^.

Thx for the commentaries and Cyas!

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
OK...I´ll try to do that in ;), but if you post in this theme...try to write some commentaries about the battle or somthing like that in the next time ;).

Cyas!
haha. sorry. :ohwell: :)

it was a good match and a great video! sorry. i say sorry again because ur about to be bombarded with a bunch of questions. did you guys import the japanese game to play on a us wii? if so, how did you get it to work, or in other words, what did you do? also, is lucario's recovery hard to curve? do you have to move the stick right away for it to curve kinda like you have to move the stick in two directions really fast for pikachu?

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
No men...to do the curve with the recovery of lucario...you must to do the movemment with the stick ;)...in my case...I use it like the pekathunder of Ness..in the moment that the animation start..try to practice that movement with the stick...even you can do a really Pronounced enough curve with lucario if you domine the stick and the animation of the Up B ;). Try to do a middle circle with the stick and prove the reaction ;D!.

Cyas and if you have a question...put it and I´ll try to help you ^^.

PD: I´m really noob with lucario but I stay in training with that character ;)!.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
:confused:

How do you have access to the game? My friend imported it from Japan, and has a U.S. Wii, but we can't get it to work. The only thing worse than waiting for Brawl is knowing that you can play but just can't figure out how! :)

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
I have my contact too here in Chile soo...that is it ;)...but men...this topic is open to talk about lucario xDDDD...no to talk about how I get the game :p...but however :p.

Cyas and take care

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That was very nice to watch! I loved your grab>up throw>up tilt combo at low damage!

Perhaps you could try to use his down B a little bit more? Not many Lucario players make good use of this move, and it's great once you get the timing down for it.

Also, his down smash has about the same range as his Forward Smash, just so you know.

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
that is a very good technique but it must to use in the floor...because when you use it in the air...your opponent can scape of that attack :S. If you use the counter of lucario must to be Assurance, because if you fail the counter...your opponent can kill you if you have some damage :p.

I use more the Fsmash in the battle but the Dsmash is a very usefull to ;)...in the next time I´ll try to post some videos with that techniques ^^.

And thx for the observation about the combo ^^... I like to call it with my friends "the Hell´s Combo"...because is a combo that I invented and I love to use it ^^!.

Cyas and thx ;D!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
that is a very good technique but it must to use in the floor...because when you use it in the air...your opponent can scape of that attack :S. If you use the counter of lucario must to be Assurance, because if you fail the counter...your opponent can kill you if you have some damage :p.

I use more the Fsmash in the battle but the Dsmash is a very usefull to ;)...in the next time I´ll try to post some videos with that techniques ^^.

And thx for the observation about the combo ^^... I like to call it with my friends "the Hell´s Combo"...because is a combo that I invented and I love to use it ^^!.

Cyas and thx ;D!
It's an excellent combo. It really helps him get some damage early in the match! Very stylish too.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
No offense Hellsing, but that was pretty sloppy. There were a lot of places in the battle where you didn't move when you could've, or you grabbed without getting closer first. You should train yourself to start using forcepalm, because there was a bunch of times where you Fsmashed where you could've hit with Force Palm. Practice with Me First as well, it's really useful once you learn to use it at the right times.

/constructive criticism

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
thats you´re right ;)...I know that I must to use that technique and I´m training now using those movements :D...that match was one of my first matches with lucario and I see that I must to practice too ;). Don´t problem with your commentaries...all the oppinions are allowed in this theme and there are a Help to me because...I know that I must to use and practice more with that character ;).

Thx Agosta and take care ;).

Cyas :D!

MysticKenji

Smash Master
1. Too many random Usmashes Too many smash attacks when your opponent was out of range
2. You missed quite a few oppurtunities for grabs/attacks, like @2:20

Other than that, it was good.

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
all the commentaries are soo usefull and thx for post it ;)...I can see that lucario is a very grab character and that is the technique that I must to use ^^.

Cyas :D!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Your use of up smash wasn't all that bad...people don't realise that this move is active for a very long time after it comes out. In fact most Lucario users don't apply this move enough.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
man you have a very good Lucario!

Ive been using him for a while now and I have this great combo where you Fair them while in the air and continue Fairing them while you follow them through the air ^_^ you should really try it out.

I have a VERY hard time using Force Palm :( so it you have any tips about using it or its pros and cons PLEASE P.M. me them!

Im looking foward to playing you, it will be an awesome match for sure!

later

Top Bottom