• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mom just bought me an SSBB Guide, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
It says Kirby is a 5. Why is he rated a 5, when he is, in fact, one of the better characters?

It also says MetaKnight is a 6 out of 10, which i really find hard to believe

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
You have the Prima SSBB guide too? All Prima guides must be stupid then.

But what's really stupid is that they rate characters on a scale of 1-10, and yet no one is ranked lower than a 5, and no one is ranked higher than a 9.

lol i did the SSE months ago, so it's basically useless to me now. Maybe I'll give it to my scrub friend, or just sell it.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I did the SSE months ago, so it's basically useless to me now.

All Prima guides must be stupid then.

Maybe I'll give it to my scrub friend, or just sell it.
The Prima Guide is useless b/c it was written after 1 week of observing brawl and didn't have any AT's in it. That's why guides here are so much better; the writers have spent immense amounts of time on them and they can be updated at any time. Publishable guides for fighting games don't really make any sense...so many different techniques will be discovered, it'll be useless.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
The Prima Guide is useless b/c it was written after 1 week of observing brawl and didn't have any AT's in it. That's why guides here are so much better; the writers have spent immense amounts of time on them and they can be updated at any time. Publishable guides for fighting games don't really make any sense...so many different techniques will be discovered, it'll be useless.
A week after observing Brawl? Thats no excuse if you ask me

Smashboards needs to make a real guide(although it wouldn't make sense, since SSBB's metagame is still developing, would probably be like 2000+ pages long, and it but at least it would be better than the Prima guide)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I remember my friend got the Prima guide when it came out. I was like... 0_0 X_X

What I thought was cool was how they mentioned the Kirbycide... but unfortunately didn't give me credit for coining the phrase. V_V

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
What I thought was cool was how they mentioned the Kirbycide... but unfortunately didn't give me credit for coining the phrase. V_V
What I also thought was cool was how they said some of his throws could do it...melee anyone? Oh, and how he filled up most of the "general/advanced technique" space with "rarely seen in tourneys...hard to win with...5 jumps...can float above opponents and drop down with stone." And they said "that some smash players have nicknamed Kirbycide." Not some, ALL non-scrub smashers use that. X_X

And how they don't mention WHO figured out you could control Nana after "actions that temporarily [had the] primary climber pause."

And I'm suing if they don't have Ninja Spiking in the next edition >:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom