• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Quest to Get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - UPDATE! I has it :D

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Link to original post: [drupal=3071]My Quest to Get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom[/drupal]

So I finally got enough money to get it. My town lacks a Gamestop, and I have to drive through four towns to get to one. So we have Wal-Mart.

I go there last Friday to get it. My dad is rushing me, he had to get home to do something urgent. Okay. I see they have it, and go to the electronics clerk.

"Hey, can I get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?" (They have to open the cases with a key)

Her: "...what?"

Me: "A Wii game. :|"

"Oh. Hold on, I'll be with you in a sec."

"K"

I stand over to the side and wait. Meanwhile, I see seven people go through the check-out, half of whom have GROCERIES. I cannot express how much this pisses me off. Go to the ****ing front for groceries, other people (like me) need the electronics for... electronics.

Well, I wait TWENTY MINUTES. I kindly go back to the counter, holding in my rage. I now notice that everyone is standing around talking to their friends, including the cashier. There is also an unusually high group of non-speaking minorities here, blocking the isle. "Move" doesn't phase these people.

I ask the clerk "Hey, can I get a Wii game please?"

Clerk: "No one has a key."

Are you kidding. Are you ****ing kidding me Wal-Mart. It's 6:00 on a Friday afternoon and no one has a ****ing key? I lose it at this point. I give the cashier a dirty look, shout a profanity or two, and leave. My dad is pissed at me for taking so long with nothing to produce. I explain to him what happened and he understands.

---

Monday. I call Wal-Mart and ask them if they had TvC. Of course, I have to be put on hold for thirty minutes and repeat the name to three different people, including the manager. It all leads to this:

"We're out."

**** you Wal-Mart. I've called three more times and I get the same thing. Don't you care about your customers? Short answer: no.

I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow. I'm sick of putting up with chain store BS.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I hope the game is worth it once you finally get it.

I've played it at Arcade Infinity several times but it was only recently that people started dedicating themselves to the game and now it's all scary.

Which Gamestop-less town do you hail from, anyways?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Wow. I hope the game is worth it once you finally get it.

I've played it at Arcade Infinity several times but it was only recently that people started dedicating themselves to the game and now it's all scary.

Which Gamestop-less town do you hail from, anyways?
Americus, GA.

Also known as the town near the town where Jimmy Carter lives. Also known as "over yonder".

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that description (and this is entirely my fault) is that I now can't help but picture Jimmy Carter being your unhelpful Wal-mart employee(s).

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I feel honored. It's been awhile since a quote of mine got sigg'd.

So have you played TvC before or watched a buttload of previews and exhibition matches to get all hyped for it? I've stuck with Roll/Casshern as my team and they're loads of fun. Any particular team you're running/planning to run?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I feel honored. It's been awhile since a quote of mine got sigg'd.

So have you played TvC before or watched a buttload of previews and exhibition matches to get all hyped for it? I've stuck with Roll/Casshern as my team and they're loads of fun. Any particular team you're running/planning to run?
I've only watched videos. I'm particularly looking forward to Zero, Roll, Morrigan, Viewtful Joe, and Gold Lightan. I'll probably be Zero/Morrigan.

Wow, your Walmart stinks. :\

Good luck getting it.
Thanks, hopefully I'll have it before Monday.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Gamestop > Wal-Mart

And I'm not just saying that because I'm gonna be working for GS in a few weeks.

Wal-Mart is just a bad corporation IMO.
And they never have enough good games in stock :/

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Gamestop > Wal-Mart

And I'm not just saying that because I'm gonna be working for GS in a few weeks.

Wal-Mart is just a bad corporation IMO.
And they never have enough good games in stock :/
How well I know. Wal Mart's customer service is terrible.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Gold Lightan is in fact the balls.

I'm actually really jealous of my friend because he mained Alex back in 3rd Strike and uses him in TvC, and TvC is very grappler-friendly; you can use Power Bomb as a combo ender and Stun-Gun Headbutt works on giants and has a special animation. It's just odd seeing a grappler translate so well into a Vs. game.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Best of luck getting the game. Frank and Roll are two of the three most epic Capcom characters ever (Servbot being the third), so it'll be worth having just for them.

My FC is 3782-0529-8123, so send me a PM or contact me via AIM or something when you get it, and we'll play together! :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Best of luck getting the game. Frank and Viewtful Joe are two of the three most epic Capcom characters ever (Servbot being the third), so it'll be worth having just for them.

My FC is 3782-0529-8123, so send me a PM or contact me via AIM or something when you get it, and we'll play together! :bee:
Fix'd. And I'll be sure to add you. :bee:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You wound me, good sir. Roll is by far the coolest Capcom character ever. Joe doesn't come close... :(

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Oh wow, I like Roll's outfit.

i am Diggin it.

i'll be tryin her out if i get this game

hell thats anyone from megaman though. i don't care who it is i'll try 'em out.
That's her Mega Man 8 outfit, which also appears in the two Marvel vs. Capcom games as well as being unlockable on Powered Up. It is DEFINITELY her best outfit.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I got it. Yaaaaaaay.

Ryusuta, I'll add you, and anyone else who wants to, just PM me your FC.

I main Karas/Tekkaman (I still have yet to unlock Frank or Zero :mad:).

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
To get them you just have to play through as Capcom characters in arcade. If you beat the arcade 6 times with differet capcom characters you'll get Zero and you get Frank some time before that.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
So you walked through four towns just to get to a specific shop? Now you know how it feels to be an RPG character. And wow Americus? I hear almost nothing of that place.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
So you walked through four towns just to get to a specific shop? Now you know how it feels to be an RPG character. And wow Americus? I hear almost nothing of that place.
We're not notable for anything. At all.

Top Bottom