• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Roster, with Reasons, Pictures, and Information

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Oh yes, he is also a Nintendo co-owned character in legal terms
Sources please? M&LSS show us that he is a square character, not a Nintendo one.

Why is Bowser Jr only possible while Geno is probable, that is pure bias and BS. Bowser Jr is a major and recurring character in the Mario universe while Geno is a minor 3rd party character that had a co-starring role in one game and a cameo in another.

I suspect that Sheik will return due to the facts that her model HAS been created and sent to Sakurai.
Because we all know that there is no such thing as Assist Trophys, Collectable Trophys and stickers.

Also why is Mewtwo only Possible and where the hell is Jigglypuff they are the two most likely Pokemon to be playable in this game.

Also where is Micaiah the white haired mage star of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn the most recently released Fire Emblem title?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Sources please? M&LSS show us that he is a square character, not a Nintendo one.

Bowser Jr is a major and recurring character in the Mario universe while Geno is a minor 3rd party character that had a co-starring role in one game and a cameo in another.QUOTE]

1 fact. Geno only has appeared in Mario related games.

What party is Geno?
This is a 3rd party argument from Fatmanonice's "Geno: Star of Heaven thread":

"The legal situation surrounding Geno (and Vaati) is not the same as Sonic and Megaman. Yes, Geno is third party and owned by Square Enix but Nintendo really has more say in the character. Why? Because Geno was in a Mario game (a first party franchise owned by Nintendo) that makes him a Mario character. There's no getting around that. Because of this, Square Enix cannot legally use him outside of this context because (as the copyright says at the end of all Mario games) Nintendo owns all the scenarios that occur in the Mario games. Geno was part of the story in Super Mario RPG thus pulling him into the scenario AKA the story and plot points of the game. My point was proved both during the offical Melee and Brawl polls when Geno was, despite his legal situation, categorized as a Mario character and seperated from the other third party characters."

"Now that is cleared up, let me explain things further. Because Geno is a Mario character, Square Enix cannont legally refuse Nintendo the rights to him if they wish to use them nor use him outside the context of a Mario game unless Nintendo is involved with the project. In the end, Nintendo basically controls the situation surrounding him and that makes Geno pretty much worthless to Square Enix. For further proof of this, ask yourself this: Why was Geno in a Mario game that Square Enix played no part in developing? Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga was developed by Nintendo and Alpha Dream. It is even questionable whether or not Square Enix recieved some of the profits based on Geno's inclusion in the game."

"Now let's compare Geno with Sonic. Sonic makes millions of dollars for Sega every year and is their biggest icon. Geno is a character that was playable in one game that sold about 2 million copies worldwide more then a decade ago and has basically been sitting in a filing cabinet since 2003. See a difference? I certainly do."

"So there you have it. Geno's legal situation laid out in black and white. Yes, Nintendo will still have to get permission to use him and probably have to pay a minor fee (would you like to compare the "rental" cost of Sonic's or Megaman's copyrights to Geno's?) for him but, in the end, Geno is very, very different from other third party characters."

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Square Enix cannont legally refuse Nintendo the rights to him if they wish to use them
This right here is not true. Square Enix owns the rights to the character so they can refuse his use if they wish too. No they cannot use him either but they can refuse rights for his use whenever they want too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This right here is not true. Square Enix owns the rights to the character so they can refuse his use if they wish too. No they cannot use him either but they can refuse rights for his use whenever they want too.
Even if that is the case...If Nintendo asks...I really don't see them flat out saying NO

Enigma14

Smash Champion
There has to a negotition of some sort if for M&L:SS he had a tiny appearance it would have been ok, but for a grand scale...only they know...

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I see them saying Yes but only if ______ or only if you include ____. S/E aint dumb, this is a great place for them to advertise.
Which is exactly why I think Black Mage or (less likely) Sora will be in Brawl.

Also, the 2-3 Third Parties thing was just an estimation made like a year ago. Honestly, there are tons of companies Nintendo is closely affiliated with. Capcom basically saved the Gamecube with RE4, Viewtiful Joe, etc. Hudson's just been making games for them forever, and there are others. I can't just see them outright saying no if say, Namco asks for Pacman. It's not like any of the Third Parties we're suggesting aren't icons of gaming(Except Geno, who, again, isn't really Third Party).

I see no reason why 4-5 Third Party characters, with no repeats from any one company, would be too much in a game that will still have from 35-45 other pure Nintendo Characters(I'm expecting a roster of 40-50, they've had 2 years to develop this thing, so sue me).

:034:

Smash Hero
More Zelda reps. Zelda, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, should NOT get less representatives in Brawl than it got in Melee. That's stupid. In the very least add Wind Waker Link, who was on the poll 3 times, has a high popularity and would represent a different part of the Zelda series.

Personally, I'd rather have it you add Midna, to represent the TP series more. Sure, the other characters are in TP outfit, but Zelda doesn't seem to have TP-specific attacks (although I guess she didn't do much). Plus Midna is at the peak of her popularity right now, and she could have a very innovative and original moveset.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
What the smeg made you put in Sigurd. The character is not really all that relevent to the series anymore and has been slightly deconfirmed by Ike's white costume at E4ALL. Also if Sakurai and co deemed Fire Emblem worthy of three reps (which it really isnt) why would they use that to put in another swordsman who brings nothing. Ashnard and Black Knight are more popular and as well as being villains and Miciaiah has a new game to promote and a cool, original, magic using moveset. Also Lyndis would have gotten in before him and she's at AT status.

If the character took a back seat to Roy when they were using clones why the smeg would he get in a game that is using no clones. If anything him being taken out of Melee lowers his chances.

If your putting in three Fire Emblem reps i fully expect to see three D.K. reps and good representation for newer franchises such as Pikmin, Golden Sun and Custom Robo in the rest of this roster. Also?

JIGGYLPUFF?

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
I see them saying Yes but only if ______ or only if you include ____. S/E aint dumb, this is a great place for them to advertise.
I agree. I think Black Mage will be included.

More Zelda reps. Zelda, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, should NOT get less representatives in Brawl than it got in Melee. That's stupid. In the very least add Wind Waker Link, who was on the poll 3 times, has a high popularity and would represent a different part of the Zelda series.

Personally, I'd rather have it you add Midna, to represent the TP series more. Sure, the other characters are in TP outfit, but Zelda doesn't seem to have TP-specific attacks (although I guess she didn't do much). Plus Midna is at the peak of her popularity right now, and she could have a very innovative and original moveset.
I do not think Zelda will get another Rep. They really do not have more than those three recurring characters.

What the smeg made you put in Sigurd. The character is not really all that relevent to the series anymore and has been slightly deconfirmed by Ike's white costume at E4ALL. Also if Sakurai and co deemed Fire Emblem worthy of three reps (which it really isnt) why would they use that to put in another swordsman who brings nothing. Ashnard and Black Knight are more popular and as well as being villains and Miciaiah has a new game to promote and a cool, original, magic using moveset. Also Lyndis would have gotten in before him and she's at AT status.

If the character took a back seat to Roy when they were using clones why the smeg would he get in a game that is using no clones. If anything him being taken out of Melee lowers his chances.

If your putting in three Fire Emblem reps i fully expect to see three D.K. reps and good representation for newer franchises such as Pikmin, Golden Sun and Custom Robo in the rest of this roster. Also?

JIGGYLPUFF?
I put in Sigurd because he is the favorite character of Sakurai, or atleast, that is what the rumors said. Ike's white costume is as much a deconfirmation as Mario's Luigi contume. Micaiah is from the same Universe as Ike. For the sake of originality, I wanted to put in characters from different Universes in the Fire Emblem Franchise. Same deal as Ashnard and BLack Knight. I also wanted Lyn playable, but just look...

I disagree. Roy's model was probably easier to make due to his simmilarities to Marth. Both have simmilar builds, facial structures, and even weapons. Sigurd is much stronger, as his build shows, and his weapon is much more thin, or large, taking your view on him.

I am putting in three DK reps, because I think they deserve it. I also am putting in a Pikmin, Golden SUn, and Custom Robo rep, along with others like Animal Crossing and Advacned Wars.

I do not think Jigglypuff will be in the game. She got in on popularity in the first one, replacing Pit due to time constraints. She did absolutely NOTHING for her series, and her popularity has dwindled to the point it is insignificant. As for David Hayter's comment, could have been naming characters off the top of his head. It is not that uncommon.

Now I must go get a haircut... I will finish this when I return.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sigurd isn't the favorite character of Sakurai. That's just a rumer due to Roy's beta name. As he was named EMBLEM in the debug screen, people though he was a last minnute edition, which he well could have been. The likely reason though is that as FE6 came out later, that the developers of that game may not have confirmed the name yet. For some reason though this got people into thinking that Sigurd was originally intended and then they jumped to teh conclusion that he was Sakurai's favorite. In fact, Sakurai's favorite FE character is actually Navarre from FE1, as stated by himself.

And don't you go about originality if you think Sigurd is a better choice than Micaiah. Sigurd is another incarnation of the Marth formula, and brings nothing of his own to the table that others couldn't. He'd just be another drop in the bucket of oversaturated sword users in Brawl. Additionally, Fire Emblem would also be represented by three blue haired sword using lords, which would just be dumb. It's like Mario only having himself, Luigi, and Dr. Mario, isntead of anyone else. (Oh, and Sigurd isn't even the main character of his own game, which he's only around for half of. And quite frankly, there hasn't be a franchise yet that hasn't had its star character playable before supporting ones)

Oh, and you need to add someone to Zelda. That series isn't going to lose characters. It will at least break even. =/

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Not only is Jigglypuff semi-confirmed by Snake's voice actor (why would snake refer to jigglypuff in brawl were jigglypuff not in? surely snake's voice actor remembers who he had to make that witty dialogue for!), but he's a member of the original twelve. Unlike Ness, who is outdated and easily replaceable, jigglypuff continues to be a part of the pokemon franchise and has no pokemon to replace her!

If you are going to take a pokemon out, I'd say mewtwo. Mewtwo's a melee only character. If you want a pokemon badass, I think Lucario is a brilliant choice. He represents newer games, is extremely popular, is very well hyped, and is certainly a better baddie than mewtwo could be!

You mention jigglypuff's popularity as dwindling, which is entirely true. This is true of all pokemon, however. Pikachu isn't what pikachu used to be! Ivysaur, Charizard, and Squirtle certainly aren't still popular. They don't even appear in newer games! And Mewtwo has been absolutely axed in popularity by lucario for the "cool" spot.

Ok. You're telling me jigglypuff replaced pit due to time constraints? I need a source on this one. I don't buy it. Jigglypuff has totally original moves. It's not like jigglypuff was thrown in as a kirby clone. The moveset is entirely different! It really would take very little extra time to design a jigglypuff than a pit. And if this -were- true, and pit was really -that close-, surely he'd be the first priority to put into melee. Which didn't happen.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
no jigglypuff is blasphemous!
And jiggs did'nt replace anyone! It was her/him or meowth for the first SSB game

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
no jigglypuff is blasphemous!
And jiggs did'nt replace anyone! It was her/him or meowth for the first SSB game
I do not think Jiggs is in. My opinion, please stop trying to convince me otherwise. I will either be proven wrong or right eventually. IF she is confirmed, I will add her.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
I do not think Jiggs is in. My opinion, please stop trying to convince me otherwise. I will either be proven wrong or right eventually. IF she is confirmed, I will add her.
My point is that, not only does overwhelming logic and popularity point to her return, she's even confirmed to a degree.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Sigurd isn't the favorite character of Sakurai. That's just a rumer due to Roy's beta name. As he was named EMBLEM in the debug screen, people though he was a last minnute edition, which he well could have been. The likely reason though is that as FE6 came out later, that the developers of that game may not have confirmed the name yet. For some reason though this got people into thinking that Sigurd was originally intended and then they jumped to teh conclusion that he was Sakurai's favorite. In fact, Sakurai's favorite FE character is actually Navarre from FE1, as stated by himself.

And don't you go about originality if you think Sigurd is a better choice than Micaiah. Sigurd is another incarnation of the Marth formula, and brings nothing of his own to the table that others couldn't. He'd just be another drop in the bucket of oversaturated sword users in Brawl. Additionally, Fire Emblem would also be represented by three blue haired sword using lords, which would just be dumb. It's like Mario only having himself, Luigi, and Dr. Mario, isntead of anyone else. (Oh, and Sigurd isn't even the main character of his own game, which he's only around for half of. And quite frankly, there hasn't be a franchise yet that hasn't had its star character playable before supporting ones)

Oh, and you need to add someone to Zelda. That series isn't going to lose characters. It will at least break even. =/
I never said that he was Sakurai's favorite character. I said he was his favorite Fire Emblem lord, which was stated a while ago on the NSider Forums as a note to the NSiders. I would to get the quote for you, but the NSider forums no longer exist. Navarre? I would rather go with something I saw myself on the official Nintendo forums from an official Nintendo representative.

WTF? Micaiah stars alongside Ike in Radiant Dawn, which she is not even around for a THIRD of. Sigurd, as you said, is main character for Half of his game. I wanted variety in the universes of Fire Emblem, not magic/sword wielders. Their appearance arguement is frankly stupid. THey look anothing alike. Marth wears elegent, blue clothing probably made from Silk, and a tiera, marking him as royalty, and has sleek and clean hair. Ike wears tattered, war clothes and leather armor, and his hair is messy. Sigurd is more a mix of the two, wearing war-torn elegent clothing, and has more armor than the two, AND his hair is both messy while retaining the royal look.

I will just assume that you messed up your statement about the supporting getting in before the main... and Sigurd IS a main character in his game, just as Marth was in his, and Ike in his, and Lyn is hers.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
My point is that, not only does overwhelming logic and popularity point to her return, she's even confirmed to a degree.
This is true, but logic can sometimes be wrong. I am keeping it as it is for now. We will just have to wait and see. :)

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
What do you use to determine your list? Gut feeling? I don't see any shyguys or random characters that have no chances. Your favorite characters? Geno shoots that one straight down. It seems clear to me that your list picked iconic characters from iconic franchises because they were logical choices. I think the best bet to a character prediction thread is making sure it's as logical as possible.

You even said it yourself that if Jigglypuff was confirmed, you'd put her on the list. Well, she's confirmed to a degree that's certainly reasonable. The voice actor confirmation was one of your main points towards including Krystal. Why doesn't it count for jiggs? I don't mean to come across as antagonistic, but it really doesn't make sense to me that a series as inconsequential and comparably unpopular like fire emblem has as many reps as the megaplex of pokemon. Even more, it seems undeniable that jigglypuff, of all pokemon, would stay in.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
What do you use to determine your list? Gut feeling? I don't see any shyguys or random characters that have no chances. Your favorite characters? Geno shoots that one straight down. It seems clear to me that your list picked iconic characters from iconic franchises because they were logical choices. I think the best bet to a character prediction thread is making sure it's as logical as possible.

You even said it yourself that if Jigglypuff was confirmed, you'd put her on the list. Well, she's confirmed to a degree that's certainly reasonable. The voice actor confirmation was one of your main points towards including Krystal. Why doesn't it count for jiggs? I don't mean to come across as antagonistic, but it really doesn't make sense to me that a series as inconsequential and comparably unpopular like fire emblem has as many reps as the megaplex of pokemon. Even more, it seems undeniable that jigglypuff, of all pokemon, would stay in.
I pick the characters that are iconic and logical. However, my personal choices do effect some of my choices. Had I prefered Micaiah instead of Sigurd, she would be up there and not him.

And I have to say, you got me. I will add Jiggilypuff in Part Two... but I won't like it :p

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I never said that he was Sakurai's favorite character. I said he was his favorite Fire Emblem lord, which was stated a while ago on the NSider Forums as a note to the NSiders. I would to get the quote for you, but the NSider forums no longer exist. Navarre? I would rather go with something I saw myself on the official Nintendo forums from an official Nintendo representative.

WTF? Micaiah stars alongside Ike in Radiant Dawn, which she is not even around for a THIRD of. Sigurd, as you said, is main character for Half of his game. I wanted variety in the universes of Fire Emblem, not magic/sword wielders. Their appearance arguement is frankly stupid. THey look anothing alike. Marth wears elegent, blue clothing probably made from Silk, and a tiera, marking him as royalty, and has sleek and clean hair. Ike wears tattered, war clothes and leather armor, and his hair is messy. Sigurd is more a mix of the two, wearing war-torn elegent clothing, and has more armor than the two, AND his hair is both messy while retaining the royal look.

I will just assume that you messed up your statement about the supporting getting in before the main... and Sigurd IS a main character in his game, just as Marth was in his, and Ike in his, and Lyn is hers.
Sakurai stating it himself is less offical than a rumer on the NSider forums? Are you insane? That makes no sense. Go into the Micaiah thread (weird place to look, I know) and there is a link in there about Sakurai's favorites. Sigurd isn't it. Sigurd was never it.

You do know how RD goes right? If so, you should know that she's the main characterr. Though attention is taken away from her at times, she's still the main characterr throughtout. Sigurd though isn't the main character of the game, and he's just there for the first half and is quite dead by the second.

And if you want variety in weapons, then I don't know why you're going with Sigurd. Another sword user, and the same type as the other two you're proposing. And while apperance arguments are not normally a big deal, they are in this case, as you're suggesting that all of Fire Emblem should be represented by blue haired medeivil lords with swords, just because you think there's some deranged sense of balance from having Sigurd.

And you're analysis of their looks doesn't change the fact that they do look the same. It doesn't matter if the little details are differrent, due to the overall similarities. You're not going to distinguish a person in battle because "his war-rorn elegant clothing" Instead you identify about the looks of the characters which are the same. Period. (And it's not a good show to have the only representation all look the same to that degree either)

And I don't know what you mean about the last part. Celice is the main character of FE4. Eliwood is the main character of FE7. Lyn and Sigurd are more like Elincia, as they all supporting lords, and not the main character. (How many FE games have you played exactly?)

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai stating it himself is less offical than a rumer on the NSider forums? Are you insane? That makes no sense. Go into the Micaiah thread (weird place to look, I know) and there is a link in there about Sakurai's favorites. Sigurd isn't it. Sigurd was never it.

You do know how RD goes right? If so, you should know that she's the main characterr. Though attention is taken away from her at times, she's still the main characterr throughtout. Sigurd though isn't the main character of the game, and he's just there for the first half and is quite dead by the second.

And if you want variety in weapons, then I don't know why you're going with Sigurd. Another sword user, and the same type as the other two you're proposing. And while apperance arguments are not normally a big deal, they are in this case, as you're suggesting that all of Fire Emblem should be represented by blue haired medeivil lords with swords, just because you think there's some deranged sense of balance from having Sigurd.

And you're analysis of their looks doesn't change the fact that they do look the same. It doesn't matter if the little details are differrent, due to the overall similarities. You're not going to distinguish a person in battle because "his war-rorn elegant clothing" Instead you identify about the looks of the characters which are the same. Period. (And it's not a good show to have the only representation all look the same to that degree either)

And I don't know what you mean about the last part. Celice is the main character of FE4. Eliwood is the main character of FE7. Lyn and Sigurd are more like Elincia, as they all supporting lords, and not the main character. (How many FE games have you played exactly?)
I apologize that my knowledge of the Fire Emblem franchise is NOT what is use to be. I only played Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem 1 (emulator).

Actually, it is NOT a rumor. It was a sticky thread that a Nintendo Admin posted that was a translation DIRECTLY from Sakurai as a letter to NSiders. He had comments on the poll, and about the characters he chose to reveal at E3. He also stated he had a conundrum in that he could not decide which to choose to be playable; Ike, a new and popular lord, Sigurd, his personal favorite lord, or both. I remember what I read.

I am sorry, but no I have not played Radiant Dawn yet. So I will not argue on the game.

As for looks, anyone who has not played games will find simmilarities. They won't know the difference between Jiggs and Kirby unless they look into it. They MAY know the difference in Mario and Luigi. They probably will think that Metaknight is just a blue Kirby. They won't see a difference in Marth and Ike, and Sigurd, if he is in.

I am not going to argue on this anymore. Sigurd is the lowest chanced character on my roster so far, and it s a FAN ROSTER. It is not like we are fighting on who you want in, and this decides it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Your memeory must not have it right though, or that the admin didn't have the correct information. Heck, it sounds like that old thing that was posted on the blog, which a lot of people sourced as Sakurai's opinion. The fact of the matter is though, is that Sakurai stated it himself who his favorite character is, and it wasn't Sigurd. If you can't find the link in the Micaiah topic, then I'll try to find it myself and edit it into this post.

Metaknight is a blue Kirby... But the difference between Marh, Ike, and Sigurd and your examples is that there are three of them all from the same series. Once more, they'd be the only representation of their series.

I never argue for characters I want, I argue for the things that make the most sense. For isntance, I know Paper Mario has the highest of all chances. Much higher than say Geno. I'd love to have Geno in more than Paper Mario, but there is no good justification of a one shot character who had a cameo, and that's looking past the fact he's third party. Likewise, Micaiah has the highest chances of any FE newcomer under Ike.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Your memeory must not have it right though, or that the admin didn't have the correct information. Heck, it sounds like that old thing that was posted on the blog, which a lot of people sourced as Sakurai's opinion. The fact of the matter is though, is that Sakurai stated it himself who his favorite character is, and it wasn't Sigurd. If you can't find the link in the Micaiah topic, then I'll try to find it myself and edit it into this post.

Metaknight is a blue Kirby... But the difference between Marh, Ike, and Sigurd and your examples is that there are three of them all from the same series. Once more, they'd be the only representation of their series.

I never argue for characters I want, I argue for the things that make the most sense. For isntance, I know Paper Mario has the highest of all chances. Much higher than say Geno. I'd love to have Geno in more than Paper Mario, but there is no good justification of a one shot character who had a cameo, and that's looking past the fact he's third party. Likewise, Micaiah has the highest chances of any FE newcomer under Ike.
It must have been one of those, but I will stand by what I say with Sigurd. I am keeping him here... until a different character is confirmed or he is deconfirmed. In that case I will remove him.

Paper Mario? He is a generic character that is a Mario. Not just a Mario character, but a MARIO. I think Sakurai knows better ;)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bowser Jr. is a Bowser. Why exactly would we have a second Bowser before a second Mario?

And Sakurai added in a second Mario last time. A much more original and iconic (to the RPG series) version would make sense as the next in line to replace Doc. =/

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Bowser Jr. is a Bowser. Why exactly would we have a second Bowser before a second Mario?

And Sakurai added in a second Mario last time. A much more original and iconic (to the RPG series) version would make sense as the next in line to replace Doc. =/
Actually, even though I don't really want to get involved, Bowser Jr would have his Paintbrush.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Where's Lucario?

Plus, how is Ridley only "Possible"? He was Second on Sakurai's Poll.
That is due to his difficulties in getting in. I have no problem with his size, but his girth could be a problem. Though, that is easily bypassed. I do expect the character.

Bowser Jr. is not "another" Bowser. That is Baby Bowser. Bowser Jr. is the son of Bowser. So, they are different than just TWO Bowsers.

Due to time constraints, again. Doc was an extreme rip off of Mario's model. Take off the hat, give him a stethoscope and a lab coat and pills, and bam. Doctor Mario. Though Paper Mario's games are good, I do not expect to see the same character twice, thus I did not add him or WW Link.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I know that. Bowser Jr. can be easily be made unique. So can Paper Mario. It's just the principle that we'd have the second Bowser before the second Mario. He's the son, but that sitll doesn't justify it. ( And WW Link, ZSS Samus, and Paper Mario all seem to form a sense of balance between the stars.)

And also Sero, if your major point is just a rumor, and there's nothing else to support him, then why keep Sigurd? Maybe you don't want Micaiah in at all, but at the least get rid of someone who has no chance and just limit it down to two.

EDIT: Whoops, it wasn't the Micaiah thread, it was the Black Knight one. Here's the link.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn014.html

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
I know that. Bowser Jr. can be easily be made unique. So can Paper Mario. It's just the principle that we'd have the second Bowser before the second Mario. He's the son, but that sitll doesn't justify it. ( And WW Link, ZSS Samus, and Paper Mario all seem to form a sense of balance between the stars.)

And also Sero, if your major point is just a rumor, and there's nothing else to support him, then why keep Sigurd? Maybe you don't want Micaiah in at all, but at the least get rid of someone who has no chance and just limit it down to two.

EDIT: Whoops, it wasn't the Micaiah thread, it was the Black Knight one. Here's the link.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn014.html
Yes, Paper Mario can easily be made unique. I never meant to send the vibe that he was not, but I just personally do not want one character taking up two slots THat was a major worry of ZSS for me. Thats all.

Please give up on me changing Sigurd. I like him where he is, and I will leave him there unless he is deconfirmed into an Assist Trophy or a different, third character makes it in. I do not understand why you are taking such an offense to it.

As for that, thank you for giving me the link. Are you sure it is not out of date? I could not find a date on it. The thread was in about August 06. So yeah, thanks :)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You may not like the fact that he would take up two spots, but all signs point to him being the most likely.

At least change your reasoning then to the fact that you just have him in there for the heck of it. I just don't like it though that you have a character with no credible backing, while there are others who do deserve the spot. Maybe it's just because I hate the idea of characters filling out spots just to increase numbers. Then again, your list as a whole is pretty bad IMO. =/

It wouldn't be out of date, since there's no logical reason why his opinion over Sigurd would change. You have to remember that FE4 was long before SSB, and there's nothing that's come out to change opinions about Siggy.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
I have completed the list. It has 50 playable, which is completely best case.

Sorry, I did not earlier, I had previous appointments.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
like the fact you put Andy in.... but Raymond and Bomberman ????:confused:
First off, I think Nintendo Wars will representation, so Andy was natural. :)

Secondly, it is Ray Man. :p

Thirdly, I think the third parties I chose have the best chances, personally.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
It's not bad, but having just the three LOZ characters is a bit odd, especially when less important franchises (like Starfox) also have three representatives here.

I recommend adding Tingle, since he's the fourth most reoccurring Zelda character (behind Ganon, Zelda and Link), he's popular in Japan and he's even got his own games. I mean, why have Balloon Fighter if Tingle can also wield balloons, is much more recognisable and has bigger moveset potential?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why not Bomberman?

I've been wondering about him for a while now.....wario doesn't have the wariobomb symbol that is the symbol of warioware and if everything about him is warioware......why not have the symbol too....oh maybe that's because there all ready is a character that uses the bomb symbol in brawl, think about it ;)

Top Bottom