• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Roy, needs help.....

Puffy Fox

Smash Rookie
I have noticed, that since my freind was told how to recover, he stands a good chance of betting me with his Marth. When we play, I pick Roy or Fox, or sometimes Jigglypuff (but only if I feel lucky, or whatever it is I want to do) no matter what. Now, first thing first, neither of us use advance things like wave-dashing ( I can wavedash some, but I would confuse me during a match), so we might be considered bad, But there is no need for that, as no one uses that stuff around here.:laugh:
My Roy, is, a bit predictible. I use downtilt, and forwardsmash, and recently have started useing forwardair. Still, if I shorthop, Im afriad I'll get hit, and that could mess me up. I play lvl. 9's, since Im grounded alot, and can't go to freinds houses. Is there anyway for me to improve :confused:

Puffy Fox

Smash Rookie
Those first two, they help. The third, you would have to know my grandma, and the last two, wtf?
Also, For about a week, I played lvl.1's. Why would I pratice on them, When a lvl.9 is harder.
Anymore tips that you could give?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Lvl 9s will get you into the habit of doing things that won't work on any good human players. Practice on lvl 1s for combos and general tech skill.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
^^

agreed lvl 1's are probably the best lvls to go against for practicing combos, wavedashing into attacks or grabs. Just in general because lvl 9's perfect block everything which becomes annoying if you JUST want to practice moves.

halu102

Smash Apprentice
I would agree with RS. But later on, you might want to practice with level 9s. My friend seems to have gotten down the timing for perfect shielding and shield reflecting which is annoying all the time. BUt yeah, stick with 1s and read the guide if you can, it'll most likely help you along the way.

Top Bottom