• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Samus Checklist. What the flashiest thing you can do with Samus?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I just wanted to know if im missing anything important with Samus. I read the guide and its pretty easy to miss important things in it. I also read the bomb guide...but I wasnt quite sure what was vitally important in that. So so far, these are the main things I do with Samus:

Up-B out of a shield
Beam Cancel on the ground into an attack
Wavedashing away from attacks and countering
Double Bomb cancelling into two attacks
Missle Cancel almost everytime I hit the ground

Down throw into u-tilt.
Extended Homing Grapple for mind games.
SWD to make people "OMG!! THATS LIKE THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!11!!1122!!"

As for edge guarding:
U-tilt
Jump out into a d-air

So if you dont mind helping me..is there anything else vitally important to Samus that I need to learn?
Im in the process of trying to learn how to Short Hop Fast Fall Missle Cancel, but that takes extreme timing..

Now...im trying to also learn a bunch of super flashy moves to make people scared of me and also be all surprised and stuff. So what are some flashy moves I can pull off? Whats the flashiest thing you've ever done with Samus?

alpmaster

Smash Cadet
Bomb -> air dodge, grapple -> blast

Looks cool as hell. I don't know how practical it is since my samus is just for fun. Doesn't the grapple beam stun you in air?

Diskorde

Smash Rookie
So you're asking for two seperate things here, practical things and flashy things?

Flashiest stuff for Samus would be showing off her amazing recovery abilities, but flashy is almost never useful in battle, as it takes precise timing, and if it's obvious what you're trying to do, highly predicatble. But for flashy, go under a lot of things, like Hyrule, Corneria, Battlefield.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Diskorde said:
So you're asking for two seperate things here, practical things and flashy things?

Flashiest stuff for Samus would be showing off her amazing recovery abilities, but flashy is almost never useful in battle, as it takes precise timing, and if it's obvious what you're trying to do, highly predicatble. But for flashy, go under a lot of things, like Hyrule, Corneria, Battlefield.
I hope you mean't Venom. Yes, it might be possible. That will be something I will try later. Doubt it though.

Watty

Smash Lord
flashy is samus's kicker flashy works once maybe twice beam canceling with bombs into attacks can work.

FYI dont practice SHFFMC its pointless it doesnt save that much time from a normal fast fall cancel and its very risky so dont worry bout it, juss focus on mind games

Joker

Smash Ace
Any real Samus player knows(looks at Watty)

The Greatest samus move ever invented, is the all- mighty....

HUGO DIVE!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well when someone comes at you and your bomb explodes you over there head, and then you down ariel that looks pretty cool, or super wave dash towards them in to down smash looks incredibly amazing as well.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the most fun trick in existance is the infinate stall on battlefield.

hang on the ledge. drop into a bomb jump towards the center, then when your under the midde, airdodge up then grapple one of the little spikey protruding things. when you reel in from the grapple, wall jump. then wall jump off the other side. congrajulations, you're wall jumping infinitely under battelfield.

going under hyrule is fun also.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's hard to get off, but it always looks sweet when you missile cancel into a WD and Fsmash or Ftilt, so that the attack hits at the same time as the missile.

It's also pretty sweet when you're fighting a SHL Falco, and you jump between his lasers and land with a missile cancel into a powershield, so you send a laser back at him followed by a missile. That's pretty hard to do normally, too, but looks awesome when you get it off.

And you can't walljump under BF infinitely, each walljump gives you less vertical height, eventually you just fall and die. You can do it under Jungle Japes, too.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Oro: you don't necessarily die afterward... I can WJ under BF for a while and still make it back up without SDing.

Shwn

Smash Journeyman
FYI dont practice SHFFMC its pointless it doesnt save that much time from a normal fast fall cancel and its very risky so dont worry bout it, juss focus on mind games
Maybe....but if you can pull it off then the edgegaurding is slick.

I learned to SHFFMC. No one knows how I did it. Took me a while to realize that you don't actually have to do it as FAST AS YOU CAN to pull the missle out.

But I got it close to down pat. Its hard to get to the edge when you gotta get through a line of missles first.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
not when you're under the missles.

and just smash missileing without canceling will be close to the the same rate. shffmc is so you can react afterwards, when you're shooting missiles at someone recovering you don't need to cancel the edn lag. by the time you have to be able to edge hog quickly, they're most likely below the edge and you can't missle them anyways. Homing missiles can be freaking annoying too.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Superwave-Dashdancing...super samus style. >___>

Edit: Anything involving bombs is nice. Like bomb, bomb, bombhop fair, bombhop, missile cancel.

Edit times 2: EXXTTENDDERRRRR

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
I never saw the benefit to WJing under Battlefield to go underneath it, unless I'm doing it differently. This is what I've been doing:

1. From the left/right side of the stage, face away from the center
2. Go off the stage slightly and immediately do a bomb jump
3. Use the hop off of the first bomb jump to move underneath the stage and do another bomb jump
4. Use the hop off of the second bomb jump to move further underneath and use the second jump, continuing underneath the stage
5. Near the height of the second jump, air dodge diagonally so that you are away from and level with the bottom part of the stage that can be grappled and use the grapple
6. Use the jump off the grapple to DI away from underneath the overhang and use the Up+B to grab or sweetspot the edge.

Where does the walljump fit in here? It it part of that last step I have listed or am I doing it differently than everyone else?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
This is my meathod for going under BFand WJing without SDing:

Click here for a video of it

1. Bomb jump off the ledge and under the stage.
2. Without using your 2nd jump, air dodge up and into the hole in the center.
3. Grapple the wall and reel yourself in.
4. WJ back and forth for a while (stop before the height gets too low).
5. DI toward one of the ledges and use the 2nd jump.
6. Up-b onto the ledge.

Aside from stalling the match longer if needed, using the WJ in the center allows you to pick which side you come back up at any time.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
i donno ever try to use front a after grabing the edge u drop but jump quickly and press front a but hold it so after u jump up while holding front a it brings u onto the stage so after the enemys in a blaze shoot ur cannon (if u have it charged) if not use front smash

Player00

Smash Journeyman
When you are recovering to the stage by bomb jumping people try to spike me all the time. I think it is funny when you bomb jump just right, DAir them, and then still make it back to the stage. That is always really flashy.

Samus' wavedash can also be done really fast, so I think it is cool and flashy to just go crazy every now and then and wavedash all over the place as fast as you can.

I will have to try getting underneath Battlefield like that. That sounds really cool, even if it isn't infinite.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
maybe also as a edge gard u can plant a bomb to make enemys think /thanks for helping then blasting wit a missile / always works for me

Joker

Smash Ace
:urg: My vid obviously isnt flashy here :urg:

Its my Swding samus, if anyone cared to see the link is up above :dizzy:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yep, BJing off someone and then dairing is nice.

so is if someone is recovering, and you BJ off them back onto the stage and then fsmash or utilt. upon landing. odesn't happen often, but looks sweet when you do it.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
Beamcancelling looks pretty sweet and usually works alright if they aren't expecting it. Bomb tricks in general are flashy.

psykomasta

Smash Apprentice
That infinite wall jump thing is bullcrap. If wallhopping is really that intriguing to you, ChRed2AKrisp, go to Young Link's Target Practice and do your thing there. Besides, there's no reason to do something as stupid as that and if you can do it with Samus, why not with Link?

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I dont think anyone has done it with link atleast I dont know anyone that has. I guess its possible that you could but hell if u can go under the stage a few times in a match and its "flashy' why not do it. The other day I went under RC and wes was like o yeah your doing that. then just shined me out of my upb and i died. We laughed so hard. The problem i see with going under stuff is the edgegaurd. If they take the ledge away then stand up they get a free hit. I always think missle to dair is fun. Hard but fun.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
um man, ylink user its a game so why not have fun.r u that in to the game that u dont want to have fun any more casue thats just stupid.if that didnt get through that big head of urs then i dont know what will

theaftermath

Smash Cadet
for some flashy skill, Fountin Of Dreams, bomb jump you way from one end to the platform, of course you'll get lower as you continuely get closer, when you reach the bottom, grapple on to the point and wall jump, and screw attack to the top.

Alex13

Smash Journeyman
One of my favorite things to do is to be hanging on the ledge of FD, fall down, double jump towards the stage, kick off, turn around and shoot a charged shot in the unsuspecting opponents face on top of the stage(unless they came down to get you).

The_Omnislash

Smash Rookie
i like to just show off wavedashing. i can do it crazy then attack others when least expected.it fun and looks awsome.

Lock

Smash Apprentice
Her recovery can be pretty amazing to people who don't know Samus too well. She can make it back from the very bottom corners of Fountain of Dreams - she just has to grapple onto the pillar supporting the level. And a lot of people might not know that she can grapple onto areas below Corneria (the bottom part of the ship facing the right) and Pokemon Stadium (the pillar supporting the stage) to then walljump and make it back.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I recently managed to get MC to dair. Which was over the edge and killed them. This was fun. You should try it lol.

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
i love the beam cancel with the bombs, great mindgames, my favorite thing to do is wavedash torwards and away from them constantly (its funny to watch people try to attack you while your wavedashing) :p

Metà

Smash Master
Laijin said:
How do you go under corneria? Thats like seemingly IMPOSSIBLE.
No it's not. You have to from right to left. Look at this. This is the bottom of the ship:

This is fairly easy really, if you know the anatomy of the ship. You have to release from the jet on the right, dodge left and grapple, pull yourself up, do a bombjump, and recover on the guns. I tried to draw and ASCII diagram, but it was impossible because this is a forum not a .rtf file. It's not hard really. Watch under the sea. Pimpuigi does it with Luigi. :p That takes quite a lot of skill.

Top Bottom