• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Samus-****UPDATED**** new vids(not 5:00 in the morning)

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I finally got some vids of my Samus up. These were taken at around 5:00 in the morning, so there is definitley some silly **** happening. Take a gander.

Me (7) vs. Koorii- http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zc_ET2TKJ3Q

Me (7) vs. Slash- http://youtube.com/watch?v=5rrnLYYiGl0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=58e4qRFhuWg&feature=related

New Vids----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some recent matches. Some of these guys are from before, but this time its not at the crack of dawn. havs a looksies.

me vs Grim- http://youtube.com/watch?v=GZHVK9FP194

me vs Boos- http://youtube.com/watch?v=9pNeF8G9OIU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pa-S6WTL5zg

me vs Koorii- http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRAHWLewvI0

me vs Slash- http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUY3uIW-wy0

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Nice Samus effective use of bombs. 5:00 morning ehh... good times reminds me off times I played friends after getting back from parties. Also I wouldn't mind playing u in Samus dittos on wifi as well.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I like your aerial control.

With that said, stage choices weren't the wisest; they messed up a lot of the matches in terms of competitive level value.

Your opponents were also not that great; but, as you said, it was 5:00 am.

Tip: Sky blue/yellow Samus costume is best! ;)

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the 5am thing was pretty bad. We had been smashing since like 9 that night so none of us were really putting on the best show. But, these were the only vids I had available so I was just like bah, wutever. Actually Koorii was messing around with other chars. His main is Wolf. Slash isn't bad though. He sort of uses everyone.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
You SH dair a bit too much. Against a more quick witted opponent, those would be easily shielded.

But pretty good and unique Samus.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
the SH dair is the magic though. See, if they shield, I can normally interrupt their shield grab with a jab. SH dair is good pressure up close basically. If it hits Im golden, If not i follow up. its got no lag so worse case is I get grabbed. Regardless though, I realize I use it a lot, so Im definitely working on some other stuff to mix it up. Theres just something appealing about whacking a dude in the head repeatedly with a canon.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
I like your aerial control.

With that said, stage choices weren't the wisest; they messed up a lot of the matches in terms of competitive level value.

Your opponents were also not that great; but, as you said, it was 5:00 am.

Tip: Sky blue/yellow Samus costume is best! ;)
Omg, how could you not know the Fusion Suit... Disgrace >:O!!!

Gum

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate that. Really though, bombs add another dynamic to her gameplay. I always have them out, because if they hit, they **** your opponent up and you can capitalize.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like your style a lot.

I would like to see you vs more experienced opponents.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I play very similar to you except you're WAY too predictable. All you do is homing missile spam -> SH d-air. Mix is up a bit. Most of Samus's moves are great, which is good because you have many options and if you use them effectively, you can pretty much negate the whole reduced damage/knockback thing.

Samus's b-air, f-air, and u-air are all amazing moves. For approaching, F-air is perfect because it lasts a long time, has a large hit-box, and almost no landing lag. B-air is killer and is very easy to KO with. A good technique I use is the whole running turn around b-air (run, tap the other direction, jump, and b-air in the direction you were running). It can also be done while stationary by starting a dash dance and following up with the b-air. Works wonders.

You play quickly, which is nice, but you're too predictable. Just try to mix it up more. Samus is one of the trickiest characters IMO. You need to use that to your advantage.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Hmm? I use her moves appropriately. I use certain moves according to what my opponent does in response to the missiles. If I see an opening, you will also notice a SH FUC (falling uair cancel lols) to dsmash or dtilt. Hence why I fire so many. They are to force my opponents move. I used dair so much against those guys because I know they like to try to pressure Samus up close a lot, which means that when I go up for a SH dair, they miss their own attack and get hit my dair. And i definitely use her uair and fair. They are my favorite moves, but I use them when my opponent tries to approach from the air in response to the missiles. Note also that SH dair is a good way to punish rolling, which is also why I was using it a lot.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Were those bomb cancels in the first vid at around 2:13 (just before)? You almost morphballed, but then did a midair missile.

Also, is there no time when it would be advantageous to shoot a homing missile from the ground? I mean, it could at least be equal, except the risk of having the move annulled by landing.

What's your controller config?

EDIT: Oh, and your bombs are indeed the ****. Thanks a lot!

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Were those bomb cancels in the first vid at around 2:13 (just before)? You almost morphballed, but then did a midair missile.

Also, is there no time when it would be advantageous to shoot a homing missile from the ground? I mean, it could at least be equal, except the risk of having the move annulled by landing.

shoot standing missiles when you want them to come out faster and wouldn't benefit as much from lag reduction.

Gum

Smash Journeyman

Yes it was a bomb cancel actually! I completely forgot to mention this. Im a tard. WHat happens is if you lay a bomb in the air, there is a small window in which you can fire a missile. This works better if you DI forward a bit after the bomb is layed. Seems like you have to be somewhat with the radius of what will be the explosion. Its pretty **** useful. Oh and you can do this with zair too :).

And yeah, what Rohin said about the missile on the ground things.

My config is grab on Y button and tap jump off.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
You have really really really weird style, but you perform quite nicely, actually, although as HugS said, the people you were fighting aren't great. Still you have a nice Samus=D

Eten

Smash Ace
With tap jump off, does that still allow you to up-B directly out of shield?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yes it was a bomb cancel actually! I completely forgot to mention this. Im a tard. WHat happens is if you lay a bomb in the air, there is a small window in which you can fire a missile. This works better if you DI forward a bit after the bomb is layed. Seems like you have to be somewhat with the radius of what will be the explosion. Its pretty **** useful. Oh and you can do this with zair too :).

And yeah, what Rohin said about the missile on the ground things.

My config is grab on Y button and tap jump off.
sh-. Do the rest of the boards know this? Last I was checking around, it's down in guides and stuff that the "new bomb" can't be cancelled, ergo its lameness.

You must share this news! Especially the zair! A cancel mindgame into one of her most spammable and powerful attacks is definitely important!

[sorry for the hysteria if I'm just out of date :dizzy:]

**** tap jump! I had just realized "the only reason I ever tap jump is so that I don't accidentally double jump when I do a (short)hopped Uair," so I was fixin' to turn tapjump off, and then Sakurai says shieldcancel stuff only works with tapjump!
Blarg!

EDIT: The boards censor the priest's curse? Smashboards. Home to the trolliest discussion on the webs... censors a term as plain and presently meaningless as the priest's curse? :facepalm:

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I haven't been able to reproduce this. Could you elaborate?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There was one instance where you were behind MK, with perfect spacing for a dtilt, then you tried to SH over him so you would be in front of him. Why?

I've gotta agree with the general consensus here. You're alright, although you have a lot to learn. The opponents you're playing here leave very much to be desired, which is the primary concern.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
There was one instance where you were behind MK, with perfect spacing for a dtilt, then you tried to SH over him so you would be in front of him. Why?

I've gotta agree with the general consensus here. You're alright, although you have a lot to learn. The opponents you're playing here leave very much to be desired, which is the primary concern.
I was actually trying to uptilt but I wasnt using my normal controller scheme so tap jump was on, which is when I ****ed up.

Also Im gonna have ome better vids up here soon, so I will definitely update.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I thought the technique in Rohin's video was different from what was going on in your match.

Raigoth's bomb tech allows you to move after landing from dropping a bomb slightly earlier than normal and doing any number of things. It doesn't cancel mid-air, nor does it cancel before dropping the bomb.

Your response to PK-ow!'s comment led me to believe you were somehow canceling the bomb animation mid-air ("but then did a midair missile") before dropping the bomb ("You almost morphballed") and firing a missile (or, as you mentioned, a zair).

Samus' spinning jump makes her appear smaller - I guess I mistook that for the initial morphball animation. I guess that explains why I could not do it. My bad.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
The opponents played much better this time. Nevertheless, stage picks just keep on screwing some matches.

Good play, although I'm a little surprised that your opponents with shorter characters didn't figure out that they didn't need to be intimidated by the missiles since most of the time they went over them, so they didn't need to stop assaulting.

Advice for further fights? Use dtilt. You could've gotten KO's much earlier had you used dtilts.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I love the overall speed. It was very entertaining, as was the conversations in the background lol. Oh, and it's nice to see you back up your claim that Samus isn't as bad as everyone makes her out to be.

Thanks for posting these. :-)

distr0ia

Smash Apprentice
pretty solid playing, Gum. I was gonna be really p*ssed off if I came on to watch these and you totally sucked lol. okay, maybe the guys you were playing weren't the zen-masters of Brawl, but I wasn't really watching with a win/loss mentality, just seeing how you play and our styles are definitely different. I try to keep a charge shot in store whenever I can and have been dtilting for KOs more and more

funny thing is after practicing a lot with Mario, I've been playing Samus again in both her forms pretty extensively the last couple of days and it was nice to see some vids of what other Sammys are up to

Gum

Smash Journeyman
pretty solid playing, Gum. I was gonna be really p*ssed off if I came on to watch these and you totally sucked lol. okay, maybe the guys you were playing weren't the zen-masters of Brawl, but I wasn't really watching with a win/loss mentality, just seeing how you play and our styles are definitely different. I try to keep a charge shot in store whenever I can and have been dtilting for KOs more and more

funny thing is after practicing a lot with Mario, I've been playing Samus again in both her forms pretty extensively the last couple of days and it was nice to see some vids of what other Sammys are up to
Good stuff. Yeah, I need to use dtilt more for my KO's. I had some stuff going with ZS, for a while but I stopped and started to just focus on Samus. She is just so comfortable for me.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
As the metagame for toons develops, more and more people are abandoning ZSS when they start to realize that her short hops suck, that she either needs to land a side-b or aerial to KO, and that she's easily overwhelmed by characters with projectiles.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
First order of business:

*PK-ow! facepalms for mistaking back jump -> Missile for Bomb cancel missile*

:(

There were a bunch of times against Wolf and against Wario when you had your shield up and I thought you could have grabbed.

What's your C-stick? I like leaving it on smash, because it allows me to do aerials without changing momentum - or, sometimes, an fair with mysterious backward momentum. It also allows really good SH dairs with tap jump.

But you said tap jump is off and Y is grab. ... are you jumping with R? Or X?

I wish I could set Y to grab, but.. I can't imagine not jumping with the button there. It's been jump since 64.

Cool stuff on the actual bomb lag reduction technique.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and at about 2:03 in 7 vs Grim, you (assuming you're 7) plant a Bomb, move away, then jump back over it, and then when it blows you up, you're doing another Bomb.
I can't tell if you were just doing a Bomb before the explosion, or if this was the Melee input sequence.

EDIT2: Okay one last time: I think if you put in more d-tilt, you could reduce the effect of stale move negation on your Dair, because I think d-tilt applies in many of the same situations (as *your* dair). Against Kirby, say, I think he would have been afraid of that move at 100%. It allows you to just stand somewhere, and not have to jump - just face the right direction and do nothing for a half second. Changes your tempo.

And in case you don't hear it enough, it's really enjoyable watching your matches.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
First order of business:

*PK-ow! facepalms for mistaking back jump -> Missile for Bomb cancel missile*

:(

There were a bunch of times against Wolf and against Wario when you had your shield up and I thought you could have grabbed.

What's your C-stick? I like leaving it on smash, because it allows me to do aerials without changing momentum - or, sometimes, an fair with mysterious backward momentum. It also allows really good SH dairs with tap jump.

But you said tap jump is off and Y is grab. ... are you jumping with R? Or X?

I wish I could set Y to grab, but.. I can't imagine not jumping with the button there. It's been jump since 64.

Cool stuff on the actual bomb lag reduction technique.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and at about 2:03 in 7 vs Grim, you (assuming you're 7) plant a Bomb, move away, then jump back over it, and then when it blows you up, you're doing another Bomb.
I can't tell if you were just doing a Bomb before the explosion, or if this was the Melee input sequence.
My c-stick is on smashes, and I jump with X.

As far as the bomb thing goes, I dropped a bomb, moved away, jumped and immediately dropped another. You can actually keep doing this, and its serves as a really good barrier that allows you to set up some cool stuff.

Top Bottom