• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My SSB64 Vids (Updated 8/2/2009 with TAS)

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
I've been playing 64 on Kaillera for about 10 months or so now (started September 2007) and I finally got around to making some videos. Chances are I'll upload a video every day or two. (Also, do not comment on music. If you don't like the music, I'll have to come up with some witty retort revolving around your preference of music, and I don't want to have to do that, now do I?)

Here they are:

Single Matches

-Blackshadow (Link) vs Kuromatsu (DK) 20/1/2008 *p2p* *NEW*
-Blackshadow (Luigi) vs Kuromatsu (Mario) 20/1/2008 *p2p* *NEW*
-Blackshadow (Black Falcon) vs Kuromatsu (Purple Falcon) 20/1/2008 *p2p* *NEW*
-Blackshadow (Samus) vs Kuromatsu (Jigglypuff) 20/1/2008 *p2p* *NEW*
-Blackshadow (Mario) vs Kuromatsu (Luigi) 20/1/2008 *p2p* *NEW*
-Blackshadow (DK) vs Kuromatsu (Link) 20/1/2008 *p2p* *NEW*
-Blackshadow (Samus) vs Sweet Revenge (DK) 3/10/2008
-Blackshadow (Pikachu) vs Sweet Revenge (Ness) 3/10/2008
-Blackshadow (Yellow Yoshi) vs Kuromatsu (Green Yoshi) 18/8/2008 *p2p*
-Blackshadow (Luigi) vs Judas (Yoshi) 18/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Falcon) vs Sweet Revenge (Samus) 15/07/2008

TAS

-Ridiculous DI 8/2/2009 *NEW*
-Fox Dance 12/12/2008

3 Player Matches

-Blackshadow (Black Falcon) vs Sweet Revenge (Purple Falcon) vs Judas (Pink Falcon) 13/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Blue Fox) vs Sweet Revenge (Red Fox) vs Judas (Normal Fox) 9/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Red DK) vs Sweet Revenge (Normal DK) vs Judas (Black DK) 9/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Black Falcon) vs Sweet Revenge (Purple Falcon) vs Judas (Pink Falcon) 9/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Fox) vs Sweet Revenge (DK) vs MCkuri (Falcon) *Item match, mines only* 9/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Mario) vs Sweet Revenge (Yoshi) vs MCkuri (Link) *Item match, mines only* 9/07/2008

Team Matches

-Judas + Sweet Revenge (Luigis) vs Blackshadow + Twilight (Links) 9/11/2008 (*NOTE* P2 is actually me, and Twilight is P4. A mistake was made by SR in the description)
-Judas + Sweet Revenge (Falcons) vs Blackshadow (DK) + Twilight (Pika) 9/11/2008
-Judas + Sweet Revenge (Yoshis) vs Blackshadow (Jiggly) + Twilight (Kirby) 9/11/2008
-Blackshadow (White Luigi) vs Sweet Revenge (Green Luigi) vs Kronos (Ness) 3/10/2008 (Team up on trashtalking noob)
-Blackshadow (Luigi) + Sweet Revenge (Luigi) vs Judas (Luigi) + Jacs (Luigi) 9/07/2008
-Blackshadow (Falcon) + Sweet Revenge (Falcon) vs Judas (Falcon) + Jacs (Falcon) 9/07/2008

Compilations and Combo Videos

-Great Team Moments on Desiree's Server 13/01/09

Old Singles Matches

-Blackshadow (DK) vs ComboTurtle (Ness) 17/01/2008
-Blackshadow (Fox) vs ComboTurtle (Ness) 17/01/2008
-Blackshadow (Falcon) vs ComboTurtle (Ness) Round 1 16/01/2008
-Blackshadow (Falcon) vs ComboTurtle (Ness) Round 2 16/01/2008

And with that, please comment/constructively criticize!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eh...*shrug*
Work on improving speeding up your game as Pikachu, it looks a little...sluggish. Use some put in some empty shorthops and fastfalls and spam more attacks :bee: (none of the other vids are particularly good quality / defective links so I'll be only commenting on your Pika)
Try implementing box combos into your game, Utilt --> Bair --> Upsmash --> Thunder for the KO is relatively easy to do, as are chaingrabs in the box.
You also get hit a little...too much :lick: at least in a Pikachu vs Ness battle, Ness's DJC and throw spam aren't that hard to get around with Pikachu's ridiculous aerial priority ~_~

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
DK is just like a big, FAT Pikachu, the Bair is huge :bee: you can do stupid Uair combos, ******** grab range, so much of my advice with Pika probably applies to DK, except DK needs to be near platforms to combo and get better mobility. DK also has a much worse recovery, but...o well ~_~
Basically, abuse big hitboxes more. Bair and Uair outrange/outprioritize a LOT of characters (retreating Bair spam is hilarious with DK by the way).

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
DK is just like a big, FAT Pikachu, the Bair is huge :bee: you can do stupid Uair combos, ******** grab range, so much of my advice with Pika probably applies to DK, except DK needs to be near platforms to combo and get better mobility. DK also has a much worse recovery, but...o well ~_~
Basically, abuse big hitboxes more. Bair and Uair outrange/outprioritize a LOT of characters (retreating Bair spam is hilarious with DK by the way).
lol DK has some of the same atributes as pika but to goes as far as to say "DK is just like a big, FAT Pikachu" (as if pika wasnt fat enough) is a bit foolish xP

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
nice videos, i liked watching them, you are pretty good, why don't you join the ssb 64 ladder lol

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
@Isai: lol

@Wenbobular: Makes sense...thanks again for the advice, my biggest trouble with DK has been getting Upair combos down-packed (can get them sometimes, when near the rapetent anyhow) though I haven't tried retreating back airs before lol. Sounds interesting.

@Korobeniki: Do you mean the AllisBrawl ladder? Or the one on Smashboards? I've joined the AiB one, but being the only Australian player on the ladder makes finding matches different sometimes, might join the Smashboards one if I can find people willing to play me over p2p and/or using Hamachi. Thanks bytheway lol

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

@Wenbobular: Makes sense...thanks again for the advice, my biggest trouble with DK has been getting Upair combos down-packed (can get them sometimes, when near the rapetent anyhow) though I haven't tried retreating back airs before lol. Sounds interesting.

@Korobeniki: Do you mean the AllisBrawl ladder? Or the one on Smashboards? I've joined the AiB one, but being the only Australian player on the ladder makes finding matches different sometimes, might join the Smashboards one if I can find people willing to play me over p2p and/or using Hamachi. Thanks bytheway lol
smashboards ladder?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

AIB....and smashboards ladder....WUT (maybe you mean the canadian one?)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
In almost every vid i watched i see you surviving over 150% at least once....even with Luigi and pikachu and such, your foes need to learn finisher combos!

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
I do use keyboard, so it might be keyboard DI...but I guess kb DI wouldn't be able to save Luigi from a strong upsmash, so you're right. It sucks living in Australia, the only player who doesn't suck is Kuro, and even he isn't AMAZING like some of the Americans I've played over p2p.

Anyway, updated the OP with a new TAS video, Ridiculous DI. Enjoy. I'm about to release another video of Yoshi z2d in Training mode, just need to record a few more and I'll release it. Give it about a day.

Top Bottom