• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My thoughts on how they can update Captain Falcon (SPOILERS!) 56k warning

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It would seem that everyone is getting a aesthetic makeover, of some sort. However, how can you make over someone who really has had no recent game to go off of in terms of model design?

I want to show you a clip. Please note the spoiler tag in the topic title?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

Yea, the impossible happened. PAWNCH consumed the original Falcon, (as well as Black Shadow) and killed both Falcon and Shadow in an array of epic awesomeness. Sad I know. Anyways, it dosen't say it in that particular clip, but on the sidebar in a user created fan vid, it shows what happened before the PAWNCH, and it is Falcon announcing that Rick Wheeler, (Falcon's protige, the very same who yells "CAPTUN FAWLCOOON") is to be the NEW Captain Falcon...

Now then...

I am vastly aware that Sakurai said in his journal that, "ANIMOOS HAVE NO INFLUENCE ON GAEMS LOL!" but really, I believe their is fallacy in this statement, as Pikachu and Jigglypuff both got retardly famous from the anime. It didn't just happen, the anime set the field for them to become renowned. So with that knowledge, I bring up my next point:

What if....Rick Wheeler was used as the NEW Captain Falcon? No one would really know unless otherwise stated by Sakurai, or it was announced as a trophy. Hell, Rick Wheeler could be a Falcon alt, WITHOUT the helmet, (Wheeler wears basically a similar getup to what Falcon wears.)

This could work wonders. Being Falcon's protige, he could have moves similar to Falcon, but with a slightly toned down power. He'd be slightly less muscular than Falcon, (but it would be hard to notice, everyone is seemingly DBZ'fied in terms of physical appearance) plus, he could have a couple new moves that would give an excuse to add them in.

Now, I am not saying replace the Falcon, I am merely exploring other boundaries. I would much rather Rick Wheeler be the nerf as opposed to Captain Falcon get the nerf. It would be a SIN to nerf the original Falcon. :laugh:

I think it would be great. It's the small things like that that make the game that much better for me. Now, does this mean that old Falcon's chances are lowered? Not at all, but in terms of recent models, Rick Wheeler would serve well, seeing as how he IS the Captain Falcon now, (as the anime occured shortly after Melee's release.)

So lets summarize my thoughts about the new Captain Falcon:

-Rick Wheeler is Falcon's protige. This means that the moves that would be lower in attack power have an excuse for being so, as they are not used by the ORIGINAL Captain Falcon.

-He'd be a little bit lighter. Rick is not weighed down by the muscles of win that Captain Falcon has. He has a lighter build than Falcon.

-In terms of recent models, Rick is the new Captain Falcon, hands down.

-Although Sakurai has stated anime has no relevance to the characters in general, that is a blatant lie, as they do have LITTLE relevance to the games, no matter how small. Pikachu baby.

-New moves.

-They don't have to blasphemize the original Falcon. If a nerf comes, it will be because of an inexperienced Captain Falcon as opposed to the original wearing with age.

-I REALLY don't want to play as a man pushing his 40's in skin tight spandex. Let Falcon and his miraculous PAWNCH rest.

Anywho, that's my two cents, feel free to discuss what I have set out for you.

EDIT*

You remember the vid I mentioned where Falcon proclaimed Wheeler as new Falcon? Got some pics from that:

^^^The quote^^^

^^^ Side by side comparison^^^

^^^ Wheeler as Falcon ^^^

^^^ Original Falcon ^^^

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It seems to me that you want Falcon out, if I've misinterpreted what you're saying then sorry, but if you're suggesting they axe Falcon then I stick by my statement.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Falcon was great the way he is. He doesn't need change...
well, maybe a little bit not so yellow skin colour...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It seems to me that you want Falcon out, if I've misinterpreted what you're saying then sorry, but if you're suggesting they axe Falcon then I stick by my statement.
*facepalm

No...

I NEVER said that. I want Captain Falcon in, however, I am expressing concern regarding what Falcon's new model should be. Simple as that.

Please reread what I have to say before drawing a conclusion.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Didn't like that part.
So if you got all the way to that part, you would have taken in my views of what I think should happen to Falcon...

and to draw such a conclusion that I want him out of Brawl completely is wrong.

I don't like restating myself, but here goes:

"Now, I am not saying replace the Falcon, I am merely exploring other boundaries. I would much rather Rick Wheeler be the nerf as opposed to Captain Falcon get the nerf. It would be a SIN to nerf the original Falcon. :laugh:"

"I think it would be great. It's the small things like that that make the game that much better for me. Now, does this mean that old Falcon's chances are lowered? Not at all, but in terms of recent models, Rick Wheeler would serve well, seeing as how he IS the Captain Falcon now, (as the anime occured shortly after Melee's release.)"

Just a couple points. BTW, I was merely referring to the old Falcon, not the character in general.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If they're gonna change Falcon's appearance, he will look just as he did in F-Zero G-X

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Ah.

But then in the videogame canon, Captain Falcon isn´t dead and therefore there would be no need to replace him.

Moreover, Pikachu and Jigglypuff did get in because of popularity, but Rick Wheeler isn´t nearly as popular and Captain Falcon continues to be the main character of the franchise.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ah.

But then in the videogame canon, Captain Falcon isn´t dead and therefore there would be no need to replace him.

Moreover, Pikachu and Jigglypuff did get in because of popularity, but Rick Wheeler isn´t nearly as popular and Captain Falcon continues to be the main character of the franchise.
Again...

It is mere aesthetics we are talking. It's all about what model they would use...

Wheeler would be a younger falcon, and a plausible choice.

It would be hard to tell the difference, and it won't be significant. Just enough though, to establish that the old Captain Falcon had been replaced with the "current" Captain Falcon.

Top Bottom