• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My thoughts on SURVIVOR

jngshin

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=759]My thoughts on SURVIVOR[/drupal]

After watching the first season of survivor, I got bored of it. When I heard Ken was on, I decided to give it a chance. I knew everyone would underestimate ken, and I knew Ken would know how to use that to his advantage.

The world underestimates gamers simply due to our stereotype. Personally, I feel many of those stereotypes are true. However, this is ken, the #1 smash player in the world. To the average person, I'm sure it means nothing. No more noteworthy than the world cupstacking champion. But as a smash player who's gotten 4 stocked by pros, it means a lot more.

Ken's doing extremely well, although he is getting too cocky and unnecessarily devious. In the end, his uber mindgames will come back to haunt him, as trust plays such a big role in the game. While in the beginning, the harmless, innocent Ken was one people felt they could trust, that image has completely evaporated.

I see Ken getting 3-4th place in the game. Any bets?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
3-4th if he gets blindsided. If he makes it to final three, he's probably winning IMO.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Probably. Ken has run circles around the competition by being honest, lol. Honesty kills I guess...in Survivor, along with being not too physically strong. >_>

Matt07

Smash Master
Well...usually that was the case. Now in the past seasons I noticed that the Jury give the vote to someone who 'played' the game. Like you have to 'lie' and 'snake' around at one point in the game, which makes other Jury members realized you worked hard to get where you are. I think a perfect example of this is Amanda. She played a trustworthy, honest game through the whole season (2 seasons to be exact) and she lost both due to other Jury members thinking she didn't really play the game as much as her competitors. I could see Ken getting 3-4 at the lowest, if he he makes it farther, it's really to say if he'll win at this point.

Well this is my take on it anyways.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I heard that Ken is really mean to people on the tourney scene, so the fact that he appears friendly supprised me. Ithought he was going home soon, but he proves top be a strong character mentally, and occaisionally physically.

Top Bottom