• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My top 5 easiest and hardest Characters

Zamato

Smash Rookie
The top 5 hardest characters are the ones that are difficult ot master, but when perfected, they can deal a huge rapage!

1- Toon Link- Very Technical, very risky spike, diverse moveset
2- King DeDeDe- Slow but powerful, Recovery might be awkward for nubies
3- Gannondorf- Slow, ****y recovery, difficult spike
4- Snake- Extremely unique move set, Great recovery
5- Diddy Kong- Technical character

The next list is the characters that anyone can pick up and do well with. They take much less time to master, and hold their own in a game.

1- Pit- Ridiculous recovery, predictable moves, diverse move set , no spike
2- Meta Knight- Ridiculous recovery, extremely fast, ******** up air
3- Olimar- overpowered, over prioritized, spam able
4- Ike- Powerful, easy move set, just slow, (n00b Character of choice!)
5- Sonic- Spam able, easy recovery, difficult to smash other players, but can rack up damage

*Keep in mind this is my opinion!

What do you all think? Keep responses mature, plz.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wolf is basically the easiest fighter to use since he has those fast smash attacks.

King Dedede is the hardest fighter to use correctly, but he is one heck of a wrecking machine once you've figured out his pros and cons.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to say, the hardest character I have YET to master is probably Snake.

Easiest character to master? Haha....pretty much everyone else..... o.o

Roller

Smash Legend
How the heck did you forget wolf for absolute NUTZ easiest character ever. Not counting pit...I don't like to think about him though... It makes me cry.

RyjinX

Smash Apprentice
Top 5 Easy:

1. MK
2. Olimar
3. Ike
4. Pit
5. Toon Link

Top 5 Hard:

1. Dedede
2. Bowser
3. Snake
4. ROB
5. Pkmn. Trainer

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
We get the point, Rollerking, you think Wolf is easy to use. When you play against someone who's a competent edgeguarder, come back and talk to us again. In the meantime, stop being a tool.

Hardest is probably Dedede. Easiest is Pit or MK.

Roller

Smash Legend
Um...DeDeDe can just spam waddledees, f-tilt, and chaingrab...and he's fine. I'm not sayin wolf is good...I hate him. Just saying he's easy to use and spam for new players...

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Dude... do you have like every thread open in it's own window or something? You are the last person to post on every single thread on the first page of the main Brawl discussion.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wolf is basically the easiest fighter to use since he has those fast smash attacks.

King Dedede is the hardest fighter to use correctly, but he is one heck of a wrecking machine once you've figured out his pros and cons.
Wolf? easiest to use? No way in hell.

Mastering his god **** recovery (which completely sucks) is a challenge worthy of only the best.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Hard to learn but effective
1. Snake
2. Bowser
3. Ness
4. King Dedede
5. Peach

Easiest or n00b characters
1. Pit
2. MetaKnight
3. Kirby
4. Ike
5. Olimar

Mom

Smash Rookie
The top 5 hardest characters are the ones that are difficult ot master, but when perfected, they can deal a huge rapage!

1- Toon Link- Very Technical, very risky spike, diverse moveset
2- King DeDeDe- Slow but powerful, Recovery might be awkward for nubies
3- Gannondorf- Slow, ****y recovery, difficult spike
4- Snake- Extremely unique move set, Great recovery
5- Diddy Kong- Technical character

The next list is the characters that anyone can pick up and do well with. They take much less time to master, and hold their own in a game.

1- Pit- Ridiculous recovery, predictable moves, diverse move set , no spike
2- Meta Knight- Ridiculous recovery, extremely fast, ******** up air
3- Olimar- overpowered, over prioritized, spam able
4- Ike- Powerful, easy move set, just slow, (n00b Character of choice!)
5- Sonic- Spam able, easy recovery, difficult to smash other players, but can rack up damage
I would disagree with 4 of your top 5; i honestly don't know much about DidK, but i've messed with him a bit, and once a player figures out his moves, it's over lol. King DeDeDe i really just don't know. Gannondorf I believe has just as much potential as Falcon rofl. And i think Toon L should be with 5 easiest. I would put, these 5 up for them. Snake, Rob, Marth, Pikachu, and Lucas.

Your 5 easiest are diffrent to me, I'd say Mario, duh :D, Pit, Link, Donkey Kong (he's just fun), and pikachu would be on both my lists.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'd like to know what you based this off of, since I disagree with most of what you said... Mostly because your "easiest" and "hardest" lists are based off of TERRIBLE player vs. TERRIBLE player, which is hardly "mastering" anyone.. And it's too early to say that anyone has mastered any character in the game. Until you start winning tournaments with one character only, and continue to do so for years, I'm not going to say you've mastered anyone.

Olimar, Ike, and Sonic are tough to play against people that know what they're doing, as is any character in the game, really. But characters with 5 different versions of every attack, slow attacks, or low range and priority aren't exactly "noob" characters (except when used by noobs against noobs).

How hard is it to do Dedede's recovery? Seriously, how hard is jump, jump, jump, jump, up b (and tap down if you are aiming for the ledge)?

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
5 easiest to pick up

Pit (spam)
MK (spam)
Pikachu (high-priority quick spam)
Toon Link (projectile spam)
Wolf (moar spam)

5 hardest to master

C. Falcon (decentish, low priority on EVERY move)
Ganon (quicker than Falcon on some moves)
Wario (great mindgames, but ZERO range)
Snake (SO. VERY. UNORTHODOX. pays off though...)
DeDeDe (slow movement/ground attacks, predictable recovery, low mobility in general)

Note: Placement on list does not reflect personal bias (I main both T. Link and Wario, 2nd Pit/Snake)

Super Wec

Smash Cadet
Hard to learn
1. Yoshi
2. Pokemon Trainer
3. Samus
4. Ganon
5. Snake

Easy/ nub characters
1. Ike
2. Pit
3. Wolf
4. Pikachu
5. Zamus

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Anyone who says Sonic is easy to use is obviously not a Sonic main.

You see, Sonic is a fast moving character with moderate attack speed, awful killing power and an excellent recovery. His specials can move him all over the place and can be used in a variety of ways, none of which will kill an enemy in one hit. He has some priority issues, and his smashes all have big flaws. All in all, not a dazzling package. So how do Sonic mains win?

MIND GAMES.

Sonic has to play like six different characters at the same time. That's what his moving speed is for: It lets him go from offense to defense to edging with characteristic speed. But that won't help you if you can't play like six different characters and know when to switch. If you don't know what you're doing, you're dead like dreamcast.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I think Snake is hard to master because he's the most different thing ever to happen to the Smash series. Seriously. His up smash is a rocket, and his down smash is a motion sensing mine. Dude.

Super Wec

Smash Cadet
Anyone who says Sonic is easy to use is obviously not a Sonic main.

You see, Sonic is a fast moving character with moderate attack speed, awful killing power and an excellent recovery. His specials can move him all over the place and can be used in a variety of ways, none of which will kill an enemy in one hit. He has some priority issues, and his smashes all have big flaws. All in all, not a dazzling package. So how do Sonic mains win?

MIND GAMES.

Sonic has to play like six different characters at the same time. That's what his moving speed is for: It lets him go from offense to defense to edging with characteristic speed. But that won't help you if you can't play like six different characters and know when to switch. If you don't know what you're doing, you're dead like dreamcast.
Bro, I know what your saying ;). I main sonic and its pretty dam hard to win, especially time matches. Wolf, Marth and all those chars are so ****in hard to beat its not even funny. People just think sonic suxs cause all the little 12 year olds use him

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Snake is easy to pick up. Only thing to get used to is down smash doesn't sweep both sides like with most characters. Easy spam of ftilt and A combo makes for easy pickings for noobs using snake and just plain noobs.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Any one who puts Sonic in the top 5 easiest is either a dipS***, or has recently lost to Sonic. .
-spammable?.....tell me exactly what Sonic has to spam? I thought so.
-easy recovery?....sure Sonic has an effective recovery(easily one of the best in the game), but who ever said it was easy?
-can rack up the damage?.....This is true.......if you can even manage to land an attack, what with his wierd hitboxes and crap priority.

Like Dragon Breath said, you literally have to play different strategies in one match. It's pretty much the only way Sonic would be able to land any thing on the opponent. and even after you rack up enough damage, actually scoring the K.O is difficult. (2/3 of his kill moves have crap range, the third is way predictable.)

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think Snake is hard to use =/

MK and Marth is really easy to use..
Jiggs, Olimar and Sheik is also pretty easy to use.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I think its worth noting every character can be lethal if used properly and characters all have hard mindgames to use and perfect, however this thread is about who is hardest to just pick up and play as, put it this way if you brought an 8yo to the game and asked them to play it for the first time, the hardest one for them to play as would be certain characters where as ppl like Pit, Metaknight, Kirby, Olimar(its borderline) and Ike are easy to use. Like the ones i mentioned b4 Hard = Snake, Dedede, Ness, Peach, and Bowser(there are others too)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:psycho:Hmm...

I play Smash online probably an average of 5-6 hours a day. (I usually play in the early morning.) This list is meerly based on my experience and not on matches that I've played with people outside of "anyone." I have seen good players with just about every character and others that would make you laugh and cry at the same time if you watched them play simply because of how terrible they are. As someone else said, no one has truly mastered anyone yet because people are still discovering things about all the characters. There are characters, however, that "nOObs" (sorry, I hate internet slang...) use because of certain traits that make them easy to win matches with "anyone" with thus creating the illusion that they are good with certain characters. Still, these are my observations:

Top 5 Easy to Use/ "nOOb" friendly characters:

1. Ike (Playing more then an hour of online matches makes this more than apparent. During that time period, you are more then likely going to run into at least one person who does nothing but spam attacks. Here's how they usually play: Always start the match with his B smash attack, spam his fsmash when people are in front of them, spam his dsmash when people are behind him, spam his usmash when people are above him, use his fair while jumping only to miss 95% of the time, spam counter , his A combo, or aether whenever he gets stuck in a crowd, and use Eruption whenever he's coming down after being blasted upwards. These people rarely dodge, shield, or think. :laugh: They are usually very easy to predict but, sadly, people still fall into them when they don't pay attention and get KO'd. I'm sure everyone has lost at least one match from someone like this.)

2. Pikachu (Another spam friendly character. Dsmash, thunder, thunder jolt, Fsmash, Skull Bash, repeat... There are few things in Smash more annoying then getting caught in a Dsmash and most people don't know that you can actually DI out of the top of it so you'll only take about half the damage and leave you in position to counter if your percentage isn't too high. Besides Ike's forward tilt, Thunder is probably one of the biggest KO stealers in the game because you can kill people that are falling from as high up as the top of the screen with it.)

3. Kirby (Are you beginning to see a pattern? :laugh: These are the people that fly to the top of the screen, use Stone, and even if they miss, use his hammer swing upon transforming out of it and then fly away to do the whole thing over again. Common habits they often use are abusing Kirbycide, final cutter, and his fmash. Again, really annoying players if you don't know what you're doing which is probably about half the people who play online. Yes, contrary to popular belief, there are some pretty good players who play against "anyone" but you usually have to wait until after 10 PM to play against them(which is basically the reason why I play so late).)

4. Pit (Do I really need to say anymore? :laugh: Spam his smash attacks, his arrows, and his B forward. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA! :psycho:)

5. Metaknight (What attack of his can't be spammed? :laugh: Metaknight is one of my mains and it saddens me that so many people blindly attack with him instead of thinking things through.)

Top 5 Hard to Use/ "Master"

1. Jigglypuff (People usually don't even try with her. Most of the time, they'll just fly off to some corner and taunt or sing repetitively and fly away if someone approaches them or just wait for smash balls, hammers, pokeballs, etc. Even if you know what you're doing, it is still hard to win matches with her in "anyone' matches. If you do win a match with her though, expect your competition to drop out of the next match. :laugh:)

2. ROB (This character has a ton of little tricks that people don't know how to use properly or don't even know about.)

3. Wario (See above)

4. Snake (He's so unorthodox but, for some reason, a lot more people have taken the time to learn his various tricks unlike the other characters on this list.)

5. Bowser (There are only two kinds of Bowser players: those that are scary good and others that are herrendously terrible. 95% of the people who play as him are in the latter category. :laugh:)

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
.... Snake isn't hard, he's different, but not hard to learn at all...

Browny

Smash Hater
Im gonna look at it this way. the easy characters are the ones you can watch a video of, go and play them the first ever time and win consistently without needing to know any advanced techs. hard characters are the ones new players will pick, but will get owned with because they dont know the advanced techs which make these characters good.

Top 5 easy

1 Wolf
2 Pit
3 Pikachu
4 MK
5 Marth

I put marth there because his counter is ridiculous and you can spam his side b to the same degree wolf does his fsmash, and his recovery is so simple compared to everyone elses.

top 5 hard

1 Sonic
2 Jigglypuff
3 Ness
4 Wario
5 Dedede

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
easiest just 4 funplay
1-Pit
2-Mario
3-Samus
4-Fox
5-Marth

hardest to master
1-Olimar & Pikmin
2-DeDeDe
3-Pit
4-Sonic
5-Snake

Corigames

Smash Hero
*Keep in mind this is my opinion!

What do you all think? Keep responses mature, plz.
I have to ask a few questions before I fully respond:

1. What do you want me to keep in mind? Should I go easy on you because it is your opinion.
2. You ask me what I think... but I'm suppose to keep your opinion in mind? Errrrgggg....
3. Mature is tossed around a lot now aday. I think mature means "not for children," so I'll make sure to use a lot of colorful language.

Top Bottom