• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My weird way of doing A-T's with Fox.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so tell me how weird this is:

To Shuffle I hop with Y and Cancel with L

To Wavedash I hop with Y and Slide with L

To regular JC a shine I UP Control Stick (Which I won't be useing much anymore)

To Waveshine I hop with X and slide with L

This message is pretty much saying that I can now waveshine characters with Fox and Falco, but only using the X button. I beleive I am only able to do this becaues when I would try it using Y, I would press it too fast and end up not JCing it. All I know is that it works and that most people wavedash with R, L cancel with L, and waveshine and SH using Y.

I'd like to see what your fingers do to do all the A-T's listed above if you like. I could waveshine b4 across the stage with Y but not on opponents.... :/

Do not let the Roy avatar and signature fool you. I main Roy AND Fox. I'm just more advanced as a Roy player than a Fox player, meaning my Fox is better because he is obvoiusly higher tier, but my Roy is following close behind at almost the top of his game; if you get what I mean.

Oh, and the only thing I use R for is to shield. I'm also right handed if that means anything.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
SHFFL: X + C-stick or A for n-airs + L
Wavedash: Y + R
JC Shine: depends what I'm doing. If I wanna short hop out of it I use X, otherwise I use Y. Unless you mean Shine out of shield in which case I use Y to B lol (same with multishines).
Waveshine: Y + R, just like my wavedash

I don't think it's that weird how you do it :p only weird people are the people who do everything with the control stick.

It's also a good habit to get into to shield with the button you don't wavedash with, but it seems you already do that so you're fine.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I do all forms of Cancelling and wavedashing/waveshining, including wavedash OoS, with only L.

I JC Grab with Y + Z

I use X for all forms of jumping that dont include the following:

Ledgehop double lasers (falco), shine->bair, short hop double lasers
for these i use the control stick

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
SHFFL - SH with X, cancel with L

Wavedash - jump with X, slide with R (I used to do it with L at first, but since I shield with L, I switched to R to make wavedashing oos easier. Plus it feels better and more accurate since I don't have to both aim the control stick and press L with the same hand anymore.)

JC shine - generally I use X. I'm not fast enough to double shine yet so it doesn't really matter that I'm not using Y.

Waveshine - shine, jump with X, slide with R

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I do everything with L and Y with a few exceptions.

I FJ uair with up +A

I ledge hop with down + up

I double shine with up

I multi-shine with X

I JC grab and JC smash with up

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I guess that everyone uses different controls and there isn't a super common way of button choice. I just always thought that the stereotype was that almost all people use R to wavedash/shine and Y to jump. :/ Go figure.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wavedash/land/shine with L.
JC shine with Y
L Cancel with R
Air(any aerial) with A(sometimes Z) L cancel with R
I ledge hop with Back + Y
I Shine out of sheild with the C stick.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
SH: Y
L-Cancel: L
JC shine/SHL/SHDL: Y > B
Nair: Z
Other Aerials: C-stick
WD: Y and L
Uthrow DJ Uair: Throw with Control Stick, jump with Y, DJ with control stick, Uair with C-stick.

I don't WD with R because otherwise my left index remains inactive.

Mass

Smash Cadet
I guess that everyone uses different controls and there isn't a super common way of button choice. I just always thought that the stereotype was that almost all people use R to wavedash/shine and Y to jump. :/ Go figure.
Personnaly, I thought that everyone was using X to jump and R for the wavedashes. But it looks like, as you said, there is not an average way to play.

Personnaly, here's the way I do stuffs :

Shuffle : I hop with X, attack with Z most of the time (Everytime, exept for my SHFFL out of shield, for which I use A (Or when I play Link, YL and Samus of course)) and L cancel either with R or Z

Wavedash : X and R

Jump cancel : I use X

And to waveshine, I just do as if I where wavedashing, that is to say X+R

I never use L and Y.
But I guess I'm gonna try to play with other buttons, only in order to see if there will appear differences in my gameplay.

Hope I did not make mistakes :)

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i posted this so many times in other threads lol

but

jump with y
shine->bair with stick^
wavedash with x
r for everything but wd oos, that's all i use l for
cstick for most aerials; i guess not fair, some uairs, and of course nair

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I feel like a noob now for not using Y for anything. I use X for all my jump inputs, except when I'm fulljumping/DJ'ing into an uair or SHing out of a shine.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i used to think everyone used x for things :X

also i hold the control stick weird
i use my thumb and forefinger so using l is kinda hard.. it seems i'm getting better at WD using l tho which is good :p

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
SHFFL: x + cstick/A
JC grab: x+z
WD: x+L
WS: x+L
sheild: R

X rules :)

used X when i was young since i couldn't reach y lol.
never switched.

Top Bottom