• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Yoshi's flower lost all its petals and now I am sad =(

PRiDE

Smash Lord
No, yoshi did not lose its virginity, it was a Yoshi Story reference.... anywho.. I am down. =(

My yoshi, did fairly well at a recent tourn, but against scrubs.... Then I played Dmbrandon and M2K... now with M2K i can understand the loss.. As of now, he is the player with more skills. He has great control over his Marth, llooks like he has port a lot of time into him.. Now with brandons meta knight..... He JUST started playing him and my Yoshi could barely take a stock off of him.. It was really really depressing... I couldn't blame online lag, I couldn't blame skill... Yoshi just couldn't touch him at alll. =/ If its a teir thing, then I really do not want to learn a new char JUST so I can beat MK.... =/ but form the way things are going it looks like yoshi is out teired greatly against MK... sigh

any help would be great... thanks..

I should change my name to SHAME for I have shamed yoshi last weekend.. =(

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Been playing brawl competitively since Feb 2nd, been using only Yoshi. Reached 11 on MLG online (before my 1 week break), played in many weeklies nyc and nj, and have down pretty well in them considering mostly pros go there... so inexperienced? maybe.. but unlikely.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: SHAME ON YOU. SHAME SHAME.

SHAME.

It's not like Meta Knight is engineered specifically for winning or anything.

But yeah, Yoshi seriously does not do well. If you don't want to learn a new character for the matchup, your only choice is to become the best Yoshi player in that matchup EVER.

There is no middle ground here. Beat Meta Knight or switch.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
yeah, some dude who mains MK made a post complaining about yoshi beating him. honestly seemed like a troll...he's definitely one of our harder match ups.

Sharky

Smash Master
I tend to have some metatroubles as well as yoshi. The priority just gets to me. I usually pick R.O.B. against him.

okami473

Smash Apprentice
Looks like ur just going to have to play a whole lot against meta-knight and start winning. Best of luck.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Against Mk if he loop spams I hit him with eggs (still need a lil' work on the aim). Tornado, try to escape to punish or i dodge and severly punish. I also tend to use alot of Dair to bust throught shields and rack up damage. then I can finish with a Nair or Fsmash. All I can really say is Against Mk you do really have to change your strategy away from the easy edge guarding that yoshi is so good at and more to traditional killing strategies.

Oh and NC1 Pride, what's your tag? I'd like to see some vids for sure on youtube.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Gindler my tag name is PRiDE , no vids as of yet but maybe at this weeks nj weekly there will be one.. Maybe we can brawl online sometime. if u want.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Not every character matches up well with every character. Some guys are just hard to take as some characters.

Top Bottom