• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystic Tomes : Lesser Known Ike Facts

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk was probably talking about horizontal range.
Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry I was in a rush to leave and wasn't specific enough. :o

DTilt: DTilt has 3 hitboxes: one that spikes, one that hits like FTilt, and another that sends them farther up and is weaker?
By 3rd hitbox...do you mean when they are on the ground and get hit straight upwards? That's the same as the spike hitbox...only because they are grounded they get sent upwards. I'm unaware of a 3rd hitbox on Dtilt. :o

Royta

Smash Journeyman
By 3rd hitbox...do you mean when they are on the ground and get hit straight upwards? That's the same as the spike hitbox...only because they are grounded they get sent upwards. I'm unaware of a 3rd hitbox on Dtilt. :o
I've done some testing, and from what I could gather it happens if you hit with the center of the hitbox WHILE the opponent is landing from a jump / freefall / bla.

Also, Ftilt also hits behind Ike, though not with the range of Fsmash. It's a small hitbox, but it's there.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
so is the FSmash one
the fsmash secret sweet spot is at ikes feet , i dont think fsmash . is that wat u meant?
btw awesome things to know light , is this stickied already?,oh i forgot reverse aether outranges a normal aether , in vertical distance , imean it edge grabs from lower heights than normal aether

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't find the topic about it again, but it might be nice to know that Ike...isn't all that heavy =/

Didn't remember the exact numbers but Captain Falcon out-weigths him (by 1% lol), kinda took me by surprise that..

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think most people know this, but w/e.

on FD, it you reverse aether under the lip a certain way, Ike will slide up from underneath and barely grab the ledge.

Edit: even deep inside the lip, near the top of it, Ike could return barely over the edge with a reverse aether.

Also works underneath most stages, even a part of lylat cruise. If you DI towards offstage, then DI back towards the stage right before going up, you should barely get back to the edge (unless you're entirely underneath...)

Pretty safe way to recover if you could practice with it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm glad this topic got so many useful replies.

Since I'm done with college apps I'll be updating this soon.

comboking

Smash Master
I think most people know this, but w/e.

on FD, it you reverse aether under the lip a certain way, Ike will slide up from underneath and barely grab the ledge.

Edit: even deep inside the lip, near the top of it, Ike could return barely over the edge with a reverse aether.

Also works underneath most stages, even a part of lylat cruise. If you DI towards offstage, then DI back towards the stage right before going up, you should barely get back to the edge (unless you're entirely underneath...)

Pretty safe way to recover if you could practice with it.
works on battle field
you can also go Half way through the stage this way

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Changed OP, tell me if I forgot anything.

Also changed title, Mystic sounds cooler than Ancient. Also removed my name from the title since it's a community project :bee:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I hate those ? you should remove them they are really annoying. Makes it seem like you need them confirmed.

Also you should remove things like best as results vary from percent to percent and character to character.

And take off select secrets as most of these things aren't secret at all.

/picky

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I hate those ? you should remove them they are really annoying. Makes it seem like you need them confirmed.

Also you should remove things like best as results vary from percent to percent and character to character.

And take off select secrets as most of these things aren't secret at all.

/picky
Yeah, I agree with all of your points.

I'll update it soon.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Ike's Usmash has a "sweetspot" at the very end of the animation (when his sword hits the ground) that does increased knockback and damage (not the tip of the sword, but the end of the swing when the sword hits the ground). I've tried it in training and this works (but is incredibly hard to do in a real fight).

During this sweetspot, it also appears that Ike's entire body is also a hitbox. I'm pretty sure because during one match, Wolf clearly airdodged my sword when he was landing on me, but then got hit anyway when he landed (his front foot overlapped with my front foot, so he was nowhere near the sword which was on the ground behind me).

Hopefully this helps your thread.

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Ike's Usmash has a "sweetspot" at the very end of the animation (when his sword hits the ground) that does increased knockback and damage (not the tip of the sword, but the end of the swing when the sword hits the ground). I've tried it in training and this works (but is incredibly hard to do in a real fight).

During this sweetspot, it also appears that Ike's entire body is also a hitbox. I'm pretty sure because during one match, Wolf clearly airdodged my sword when he was landing on me, but then got hit anyway when he landed (his front foot overlapped with my front foot, so he was nowhere near the sword which was on the ground behind me).

Hopefully this helps your thread.
I've noticed this as well. Not sure about the added knockback though.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I've noticed this as well. Not sure about the added knockback though.
Okay, well I can't say for certain if it has more knockback or if the knockback angle changes because to be honest I don't use Ike. It does kill Mario (with no DI) earlier from the center of FD by a decent amount (about 8-10 percent if I remember correctly), but like I said, it might just be a different knockback angle.

arch knight

Smash Lord
you missed that a second into eruption you gain no canceling if an opponent hits you like aether armor and that the counter is good for sudden death matches

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Counter stops your momentum. Most noticeable when Short Hopped or Ledge Hopped (which is why I love to use it that way). Eruption does the same, but at a latter frame.

Top Bottom