• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mythic 4 Results

KageMurphy

Smash Master
its not easy being a TO for this region.
How do you figure that? Tant & Greg run very good tournys all the time with no trouble. You're just not that great of a TO.... yet? Don't blame the region for your short comings guy.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
How do you figure that? Tant & Greg run very good tournys all the time with no trouble. You're just not that great of a TO.... yet? Don't blame the region for your short comings guy.
Yes they do.. but they have also been doing it way longer than I have. I'm not trying to blame the region.. but really I shouldn't have to tell people to get up after their tourney match.. its just common courtesy.. but as Chu said...
Smashers are like babies, u gotta do **** for them before they can start crawling.
I suppose I do.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Next event I assure you **** will get done. I got pissed off several times at the lack of people listening.. I shouldn't have to become an *******, you are all grown men for the most part, you should respect the TO and the fact that I took the time to organize an event for everyone to come play at. If you want to do a money match, do it AFTER the events. Next tournament, I'm giving no chances, I'm not even going to ask you to turn it off.. I'm just going to do so myself.

Actually, I input all the people that were interested.. but what you didn't see, whether you got people saying they were interested or not.. was people dropping.. 1 by 1 from the singles bracket that I did setup, once people start dropping the bracket has to be reset and changed which is why you saw no such bracket. I could see from a computers perspective who wanted to enter and who was dropping out, the pot steadily decreased and there was no point in running it. That is the end of that, please stop complaining about it. We can't all be happy PS, I lose money at every event as do many other smashers.. it happens. Get over it.

You can choose to support my events or not PS, the facts were right there on the computer. Instead of coming to me saying "I have 10 POSSSIBLE people" interested in doing a singles tourney, and then I got BMX coming to me saying "Sign up EVERYONE except for 4 people" for the Brawl+ Showcase event, what do you expect me to do at 8pm? The Logic won't work if the proof is right in front of me.. I'm sorry. The only thing I can assure you is this won't happen again.. I corrected my seeding error from Mythic 2, now I just need to become a **** for TOing, thats the end of that.

It was a very stressful day for us PS, please take that into consideration.. Waking up at Kennys to find out that my ride had left his keys in someone elses car that had already left to go home in Fredericksburg, not to mention he was already there and at work, having to wait for that guy to drive back, return the keys then take an hour+ to get to the venue through that nasty weather, everyone being nearly 2 hours late, people not listening.. its not easy being a TO for this region. Don't come at me when things dont go as planned, **** happens. I can only apologize soo much.

ummmmmmmm, saying sorry and apologizing are different. you are saying sorry but not apologizing. thats adding to the frustration, the fact that you aren't admitting that you fcuked, you seem to think tat its are fault that you as a to were unable to direct the tourny at the correct pace, that its our fault that at 8pm people realized they had to leave and could no longer enter a singles tournament, or that it was our fault that you... the TO felt the need to continuously state "the whole room wants to play brawl +" every time i asked you when we are starting singles. these were your mistakes not ours.... fact
and maybe i would have come to you with the amount of people that would have entered.... but it wasn't until like 8:30 at night hat you said single were no occurring. when i asked you several times earlier you kept saying that singles were going to occur. even as crews occurred i asked you and you said that it would occur after crews... i ha no reason to tell you something that should have been your job... esp when you kept telling me that singles were going to happen thus i was under the impression that you had everything in control

Oath.

Smash Ace
dam platforms on ****ing BF got him free bairs..

and all of your ******* need to be quiet.. if people tell you to play your match and your MMing that's your fault and the tourney is help up because of YOU.. people didn't want to do singles so if there was no interest in singles there there will be no singles tournament lmao.. also another factor is weather. if it wasn't bad weather means more people, and singles would have definitely happened

ChuDat

Smash Master
dam platforms on ****ing BF got him free bairs..

and all of your ******* need to be quiet.. if people tell you to play your match and your MMing that's your fault and the tourney is help up because of YOU.. people didn't want to do singles so if there was no interest in singles there there will be no singles tournament lmao.. also another factor is weather. if it wasn't bad weather means more people, and singles would have definitely happened
Ultimately, everything is the responsibility of the TO. If a large company had bad employees and the employer just blamed the bad employees, then the company does bad because of the employer, not the employees. It is the responsibility of the employer to make sure his employees are working.

ChaosKnight said:
our roads werent plowed xD and we woke up at like 1 pm so we were like FUUUUUUUUck it
In other words, CK was too much of a b**** to make it :chuckle:

ChuDat

Smash Master
ummmmmmmm, saying sorry and apologizing are different. you are saying sorry but not apologizing. thats adding to the frustration, the fact that you aren't admitting that you fcuked, you seem to think tat its are fault that you as a to were unable to direct the tourny at the correct pace, that its our fault that at 8pm people realized they had to leave and could no longer enter a singles tournament, or that it was our fault that you... the TO felt the need to continuously state "the whole room wants to play brawl +" every time i asked you when we are starting singles. these were your mistakes not ours.... fact
and maybe i would have come to you with the amount of people that would have entered.... but it wasn't until like 8:30 at night hat you said single were no occurring. when i asked you several times earlier you kept saying that singles were going to occur. even as crews occurred i asked you and you said that it would occur after crews... i ha no reason to tell you something that should have been your job... esp when you kept telling me that singles were going to happen thus i was under the impression that you had everything in control
Bolt did apologize.

Bolt said:
BTW this is probably one of the most unorganized events I've ever run... the brackets were okay but nobody listened when asked to get their matches done. Doubles took entirely too long and people just wanted to pull out of singles in the end. :/

All around, not a very good day. My apologies to those that didn't get to play Brawl + singles/doubles and vBrawl singles. Today just wasn't the best day to run a tourney.
This is why I respect Bolt. Good **** Bolt for manning up to your mistakes. U got this TO'ing thing down next time :bee:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
ummmmmmmm, saying sorry and apologizing are different. you are saying sorry but not apologizing. thats adding to the frustration, the fact that you aren't admitting that you fcuked, you seem to think tat its are fault that you as a to were unable to direct the tourney at the correct pace, that its our fault that at 8pm people realized they had to leave and could no longer enter a singles tournament, or that it was our fault that you... the TO felt the need to continuously state "the whole room wants to play brawl +" every time i asked you when we are starting singles. these were your mistakes not ours.... fact
I did Apologize on several occasions.. instead of just complaining, actually listen to everything I have to say and not just "Brawl+ is what people want to do". The fact that it was 8pm when things were over was because of the crew battle. Teams took too long because I was being too nice and letting people finish up their money matches, but instead of them ending it right there.. they continued to play. This is why things were held up. Yes it is my fault for not being the Parent and telling the children when its time to stop playing, but it is also at fault of the players for not taking the initiative to get things done and move on. Everyone there knew there was to be 4 events.. being 2 hours late did not help this cause either. I am usually not tolerable of people being late but because of the weather, I had no choice. I made it clear to you that Singles was canceled yet you continued to push it, if its canceled its canceled. MOVE ON!

BTW you asked me before crews started if singles were going to occur, not during crews. The only people I spoke to during crews was my crew members and Esoj. After crews were done I went up front to find out even MORE people had dropped out of singles so again, if there are not enough people, there will be no event. Just drop it, it's over now.

All of your ******* need to be quiet.. if people tell you to play your match and your MMing that's your fault and the tourney is help up because of YOU.. people didn't want to do singles so if there was no interest in singles there there will be no singles tournament lmao.. also another factor is weather. if it wasn't bad weather means more people, and singles would have definitely happened
Thank you. GG.

Bolt did apologize.

This is why I respect Bolt. Good **** Bolt for manning up to your mistakes. U got this TO'ing thing down next time :bee:
Thank you Chu. The next event will be promising, I can assure this.

Good job, Wall Street.

ATHF, when's our crew battle going to be?
Thanks Noid, wish you coulda came. :(

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
I believe that biggest reason this tourney had no singles was because a lot of people wanted to go play poker at hats place so they didnt enter singles. regardlesss ps of wat people said, their was only 6 people registered for singles which is not a tourney at all. so bolt did wat he had to and cancel the event. Also the reason the tourney took so long was because bolt was nice enough to wait for yosters car which had 9 of us in it. he could have started on time and said tough break to us. so i dont believe any of this was bolts fault and I think he did an alright job running the event.

I still had lots of fun and crew battles seem like theyre becoming a fun tradition there so how bout next time we have another, how wants to crew battle originals 5v5???? would be lots of fun. other than that the car ride there and back was also lots of fun. lol at Chu in his H2YL VIP room in the car. also all the questions we were asking were fun as hell.

BMX

Smash Lord
I believe that biggest reason this tourney had no singles was because a lot of people wanted to go play poker at hats place so they didnt enter singles. regardlesss ps of wat people said, their was only 6 people registered for singles which is not a tourney at all. so bolt did wat he had to and cancel the event. Also the reason the tourney took so long was because bolt was nice enough to wait for yosters car which had 9 of us in it. he could have started on time and said tough break to us. so i dont believe any of this was bolts fault and I think he did an alright job running the event.

I still had lots of fun and crew battles seem like theyre becoming a fun tradition there so how bout next time we have another, how wants to crew battle originals 5v5???? would be lots of fun. other than that the car ride there and back was also lots of fun. lol at Chu in his H2YL VIP room in the car. also all the questions we were asking were fun as hell.
This man speaks truth.

Wall Street will battle you. This time, it will be a selected few of our top members.

Technically speaking, if we started the tourney as scheduled, you guys would be complaining about not holding the tourney for you. So this complaint of no singles wouldn't exist and we would have another complaint. So,

Case in point, it's a never-ending cycle.

GG.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
looks like I didn't miss much

First names basis or w/e are going to get whooped by aqua teen whenever the crew battle happens june and sano >>>>>>> FNB, fact. LOLLLL

mattstever2009

Smash Cadet
GG's to the crew we lost to... but pls believe the boy is comin for that *** the next time i see u... (Lobo's that *** is GRASS!!!) but good **** none the less... and 23% i'm not sure if we met but we've never played i think... i wanna see this ganon ; ) ... and esoj... tell ya boys they can get it too....

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh Chris, I was saying that the matchup isn't 80:20 like some people say

its a 60:40 match, but ganon has very very viable options to counter the match

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

Thank you Jose, always great having you around. :) And yeah, next event Wall Street vs Originals as I promised Korn before. We are going to need our top players for this one so don't expect me to be in the lineup with my poop Diddy lol :p

First names basis or w/e are going to get whooped by aqua teen whenever the crew battle happens june and sano >>>>>>> FNB, fact. LOLLLL
*rolls eyes*

GG's to the crew we lost to... but pls believe the boy is comin for that *** the next time i see u... (Lobo's that *** is GRASS!!!) but good **** none the less... and 23% i'm not sure if we met but we've never played i think... i wanna see this ganon ; ) ... and esoj... tell ya boys they can get it too....
lol Tellum Matt.

Coney

Smash Master
lol @ someone showing up considerably late and complaining about events not ending on time

there was just no interest really, bolt owned up to his responsibilities, so should everyone else. i would've loved brawl+ singles but nobody really cared all that much, even if it was free. my friend drove two hours to an event to play brawl+ and neither of the events even happened. it happens, bro.

also i will fully admit to playing friendlies after tournament sets. truly sorry if it really hurt the tourney that much bolt, i thought we had enough setups that it didn't matter :<

give me june's lucario, give alan sanoscy's MK...the whole crew eats DDDs alive now, so put away that EE...and we'll keep 23% well out of yoshi's reach...and it's ova baby!

as i said in another thread, fitting that aqua teen metaknight force wants to face a crew with so many low tiers, you predators

HAT

Smash Ace
all this argumentative **** is rude and stupid

i suggested to bolt that he doesn't do either brawl+ or singles, because i canvassed the room 2 times for each event, and the reactions i got were like this

BRAWL + SINGLES
sassy, slikvik, 6 other people = yea lets do brawl+ singles

everyone else = nah, im good.

OR

maybe.

8 person tourny. let's do it. no, ****ing tards

BRAWL SINGLES

ps, chu = let's do singles

candy = eh, maybe

yoster, esoj, slikvik, and some other people = way too involved watching the crew battle, or slikvik's multiple money matches with chu, or money matching themselves, or playing brawl+ for fun

me = i might, but i have to go play poker

___________-

also -- yoster said he was coming to my poker game, and he drove literally about 45% of the attendants to the tournament. if we were going to play poker, there would have been 4 or 5 people entering singles if it started.

___________---

conclusion

it's really low to start insulting bolt for being a bad TO, and it's ****ing ********. the internet isn't a haze of anonymity - we all meet each other in person. stop being an ***, chu

ps .. whatever

singles wasn't going to happen regardless of everyone's hopes and dreams.

i'm so ****ing tired of this community and its boards drama. i guess there's still a legitimate reason to call this a kids' game.

edit-- i'm not defending you bolt. we aint like that bro, but you're cool. im just sick of this ****

ChuDat

Smash Master
all this argumentative **** is rude and stupid

i suggested to bolt that he doesn't do either brawl+ or singles, because i canvassed the room 2 times for each event, and the reactions i got were like this

BRAWL + SINGLES
sassy, slikvik, 6 other people = yea lets do brawl+ singles

everyone else = nah, im good.

OR

maybe.

8 person tourny. let's do it. no, ****ing tards

BRAWL SINGLES

ps, chu = let's do singles

candy = eh, maybe

yoster, esoj, slikvik, and some other people = way too involved watching the crew battle, or slikvik's multiple money matches with chu, or money matching themselves, or playing brawl+ for fun

me = i might, but i have to go play poker

___________-

also -- yoster said he was coming to my poker game, and he drove literally about 45% of the attendants to the tournament. if we were going to play poker, there would have been 4 or 5 people entering singles if it started.

___________---

conclusion

it's really low to start insulting bolt for being a bad TO, and it's ****ing ********. the internet isn't a haze of anonymity - we all meet each other in person. stop being an ***, chu

ps .. whatever

singles wasn't going to happen regardless of everyone's hopes and dreams.

i'm so ****ing tired of this community and its boards drama. i guess there's still a legitimate reason to call this a kids' game.

edit-- i'm not defending you bolt. we aint like that bro, but you're cool. im just sick of this ****
Hat, stop defending a non-just cause. Bolt is a bad TO and he knows this. I'm just telling him what's up to try and help him. You aren't helping at all.

If you really want to argue this, then I'll just lay out some facts.

Fact 1 - Bolt didn't kick people off TVS when we needed to start the tournament.

Fact 2 - Bolt took way too long to finish doubles.

Fact 3 - Bolt didn't start creating a singles bracket when doubles was winding down. I even told him to do it.

Fact is, Bolt is a bad TO. Bolt manned up for his mistakes and I really respect him for that. He promises that this won't happen again and is going to step it up as a TO. P~S and I are thinking about not showing up to any more of his tournaments. If he keeps this up, then he will lose more people.

Don't encourage his actions.

Oh, and don't argue back to this just for the sake of arguing.

HAT

Smash Ace
Hat, stop defending a non-just cause. Bolt is a bad TO and he knows this. I'm just telling him what's up to try and help him. You aren't helping at all.

Fact 1 - Bolt didn't kick people off TVS when we needed to start the tournament.

Fact 3 - Bolt didn't start creating a singles bracket when doubles was winding down. I even told him to do it.

Fact is, Bolt is a bad TO. Bolt manned up for his mistakes and I really respect him for that. He promises that this won't happen again and is going to step it up as a TO. P~S and I are thinking about not showing up to any more of his tournaments. If he keeps this up, then he will lose more people.

Oh, and don't argue back to this just for the sake of arguing.
well i dont ever argue for the sake of arguing, because i dont like arguing at all.

even if teams had ended as promptly as possible, which would have been, say, a minimum of 2 hours worth of teams, he would still have done the featured crew battle afterwards. the crew battle, from what i remember, took a little more than an hour, i believe.
so since we started after 2pm (we'll say for the sake of argument it was indeed exactly 2pm) that would mean after 3 hours total of teams and crew battles, it would be 5pm.

bolt had planned a break time after crews, which would have been "30 minutes," but it clearly would have taken at least 40 or 50 for everyone to return, because this is the smash community.

you have to babysit them-- i agree.

so it would be nearing 6pm when singles would be starting. giving bolt the benefit of the doubt, let's say he had already entered every person partaking in singles into a bracket. he then also seeded the bracket, so we could start the tournament promptly at 6:00 pm.

however, oathmeal had to play bmx first round, because they were both relatively low seeds, and they didn't like that. they complained, and it took 5 minutes to repair the dispute.

the next thing that happened was deez saw that he had to play boss after 3 rounds in singles, and he complained that he had to play his teammate in the bracket, at any point in time. it took 5 minutes to shut him up.

lastly, aposl and kojin, the master, were playing first round as well. they obviously didn't like this, so they complained to bolt. it took bolt 2.5 minutes for bolt to pay attention to aposl, and another 2.5 minutes to resolve this dispute.

but at last! the tournament began. it is now, if you've been keeping up, 6:15pm.

yoster, candy and I had all planned to play poker at my place that night, for EE's birthday. EE got off work at 9pm. in order for us to make it to my house by 9 pm, we would have had to have left more than two hours earlier, because yoster had to drop people off on the way. that makes it 7pm that yoster has to drop off his people, which was almost half of the tournament, including you.

so for that to have worked out,

brawl singles would need to be run in 45 minutes.

as described earlier in the post, this is all best-case scenario tournament organization. you've been running tournaments for years, you know this is all veritable information. it's quite gracious to assume that a somewhat new tourny organizer can run a teams tournament, involving more than 5 teams, in 2 hours. the rest is cake.

now i'd like to reiterate, yet again, that i'm not arguing for arguments sake, i'm arguing to prove you wrong. it doesn't help to call people out on their purported mistakes if they don't think they're making any. this isn't for me, or bolt. it's for you, chu. and you, p~s, but you didn't really mean to incite anything, it seems.

i dont have a problem with either of you. ya'll just gotta watch your blame-placing. i agree with oath, you're both upset that you didn't get to make money. i can understand that. just don't piss other people off by talking **** when nothing was actually done wrong.

singles wasn't going to happen anyway.

oh and if singles was going to be possible, then yeah. bolt was totally a bad TO on this day. it just so happened to work out that singles wasn't possible.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
^^ above 3 post tl;dr

give me june's lucario, give alan sanoscy's MK...the whole crew eats DDDs alive now, so put away that EE...and we'll keep 23% well out of yoshi's reach...and it's ova baby!

as i said in another thread, fitting that aqua teen metaknight force wants to face a crew with so many low tiers, you predators
ROFL june has the best D3 training in the world SOVA's finest right here! and sanos got whoever you throw at him whether its takeover or not and everyone else in the crew can just spam nado and shuttle loop. Your low tiers are going to learn what brawl is all about. Its ova baby!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
^^ above 3 post tl;dr

ROFL june has the best D3 training in the world SOVA's finest right here! and sanos got whoever you throw at him whether its takeover or not and everyone else in the crew can just spam nado and shuttle loop. Your low tiers are going to learn what brawl is all about. Its ova baby!
LaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShin
eLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaserShineLaser

I wonder where the first laser is....

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

I'm sorry but I cannot stand idle while you insult me.

Fact 1 - Yes, it was me at fault, but again I cannot stress that you guys are fuking adults and should be able to end your matches when it's over. I am fairly new and never had this issue before hand so "Holy ****" if I didn't know that I was running a day care for children.

Fact 2 - This is the same as fact 1. I didn't take too long to do doubles, You guys did with your repeated friendlies and money matches. Again, I forgot I was running a babysitting service.

Fact 3 - Your wrong. I did start creating a singles bracket but being that the Venue owner is only but 2 feet away telling me that people are dropping left and right out of singles I was steadily having to change it and eventually just stop remaking it after the 5th drop.

Don't insult me then say you respect me, that's really low and uncalled for. I've never had to cancel my events before so yes I'm just as bummed as you guys. I do take full responsibility for what happened because that is my job, but to be honest.. even if I do take responsibility, you can take responsibility for holding it up yourself with your repeated friendlies as well.

I'm just as done with this community as you are HAT. I appreciate the defense even though it was not intended, I don't know you like that.. but thank you, your a good guy regardless.

As for Chu and PS considering not coming to my events, that doesn't bother me at all.. I don't want you around if all your going to do is judge me off of one event. I'm not that bad of a TO, I've run 6 other events before hand and they were fine. Yes there were complaints.. but then again this is the Smash Community, I expect no less.

F*ck you with your complaints, Brawl+ community here I come.

BMX

Smash Lord
Technically speaking, if we started the tourney as scheduled, you guys would be complaining about not holding the tourney for you. So this complaint of no singles wouldn't exist and we would have another complaint. So,

Case in point, it's a never-ending cycle.

GG.
Read and comprehend.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This is boring

I suggest bolt just wait a little while, till like Late Jan/Early Feb before the next event. Come up with a new name and generate some new hype, that will help you out. Gotta get more locals too. For driving all the way from Northern MD, there are like 0 locals that actually enter singles, which is boring, I end up playing the same people I always play in Baltimore or Silver Spring.

I'll help with the next one so that it goes well. Unless you don't want me to. Also, Brawl+ is an illusion, you'll find it has the same problems brawl has, just give it time.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
This is boring

I suggest bolt just wait a little while, till like Late Jan/Early Feb before the next event. Come up with a new name and generate some new hype, that will help you out. Gotta get more locals too. For driving all the way from Northern MD, there are like 0 locals that actually enter singles, which is boring, I end up playing the same people I always play in Baltimore or Silver Spring.

I'll help with the next one so that it goes well. Unless you don't want me to. Also, Brawl+ is an illusion, you'll find it has the same problems brawl has, just give it time.
Thanks Tant, I was thinking sometime in January so if you can come down that would be great. I'll get this TO thing on lock with the help of good TO's. I'll make some fliers and get the Locals to hopefully come through, the only issue with it is that the Locals around here were scared off for the most part with the Gamepad events.. they just got beat down too much and the people that came through just bashed on them for sucking so they never came back.. people like Poyo if I recall correctly.. constantly called them scrubs. I mean sure, they may be scrubs.. but that doesn't mean make fun of them..

lol @ Phil.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I don't really care about arguing back with you guys. All I know is that you guys shouldn't be encouraging his bad TO habits. THAT'S IT. Instead, give him some d@mn helpful criticism so that he can run his tournaments better, and so that he can improve himself as great TO.

Bolt - I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to insult you. I'm just arguing with Hat + others that are encouraging your behavior from before. You have to understand that. I already told you that I respect you for manning up to your mistakes. You promised us that you would step it up as a TO. LEAVE IT AT THAT. If I see that you are improving as a TO, then I'll come to your events.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
anyone who thinks rob ***** ganon is dumb

its only a 55:45 match for rob, i could explain why but none of you actually use rob so you'll say something along the lines of, "its ganon", but it really isn't a great match for rob
LOL

ganondorf is the worst character in the game with no moves faster than reaction time and nothing safe on block or whiff and he's supposed to only lose slightly to a character with crazy fast and big pokes that can camp him to death and easily gimp him?

just ask vex what the matchup is like since he's play chibo in it a lot

it's horrible for ganondorf (but not as horrible as other good characters i guess...)

Top Bottom