• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N Air Vs Stomp

superherox

Smash Rookie
Exactly which is better to approach with

N Air = Faster, Easy to L cancel, No lag, good knockback, sets up knee and more N airs
Stomp= Strong, Definite U Air/ Knee Finish, NICE combo starter with L cancel

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
nair, stomp is stupidly easy to punish in a variety of ways. even nair is for a good player, you should be careful about approaching at all in general

if youre playing a stupid aggressive player you can just beat it by dd grabbing (unless its falco). if youre playing a more careful player then you need to learn baiting and how not to fall for their baits (or punish them for their baits, which is sometimes possible depending on what they do)

you shouldnt really think about approaching, especially not if youre cf. you should instead think about how to counter whatever your opponent does. at lower levels this is easier, like i said you can beat a bad player by only dd grabbing.

legion598

Smash Ace
if ur going to approach be sure to cross up. or in Nairs case u can space it at the tip of falcons foot and might not get punished. Dair however will get around CCs. obviously u need to APPROACH at the right times or ull get *****

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^absolutely, as long as your approach is a way of countering whatever (you think) your opponent might be doing (like intercepting them with nair or knee or uair when they jump for example)
the point i was trying to get across with my post is that you shouldnt just blindly jump into your opponent with approaches (a common mistake many newcomers do, i used to be like this myself), and therefore there isnt a flatout "best" approach, it all depends on the situation.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well you see stomp hits downwards
It's pretty good at punishing Foxes who don't know how to space their Nairs right ... just runback stomp all day :bee:

Top Bottom