• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 Emulators

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
I don't really mind. I'm personally getting tired of seeing all of these "ask a question, get answer and or opinion" threads from you. It was cool at first, but now it's getting annoying. This thread would make more sense to be a post in the **COME HERE FIRST** thread so that the OP can make a emulator directory.

EDIT: what's with the ratings?

NixxxoN

Smash Master

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Nonsense

Project64k 0.13 is the most common version and it works for vista, it deserves a 9/10 aswell.

Being common has nothing to do with how good the emulator is. It also does not work with vista or windows 7. You got to rename the dll sense it has forced plugins which is horrible. or edit it in hex editor. Also Project64k 0.13 is very unstable with mario party, mario golf, mario tennis which are also popular n64 games. And random doesn't work unless you do some tweaks to it with hex editor.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
pj64kVE is nothing but the normal pj64k with those vista fixes, so its basically the same emu and both should get the same rating >_>

malva00

Smash Master
people with good comps should play on mupen64k

less chances of DSing on LAN/p2p, you can change your controls in game so you don't have to drop if you forgot to set controls or plug your controller in, and you can pick any plugin even AFTER the kaillera window is open

plus the two kaillera slots gives you SO much choice XD

don't forget about its superior match recording and easy capture FUNCTION

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've heard about this one called an N64. I'd give it a 10/10, even though it lacks a netplay option.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, what he says is true. Go download it from their website, get yourself a rom, and try to play on vista/7. see how far you get without swapping plugins or something similar.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
just download the pj64k from the mediafire link i gave on the ask a question thread and it'll work on vista and 7

Thino

Smash Master
No, what he says is true. Go download it from their website, get yourself a rom, and try to play on vista/7. see how far you get without swapping plugins or something similar.
I said that because I have windows 7 and downloaded that one from their website, I did swap plugins but I used to do that ever since I had XP and Vista too

so I guess thats why I havent had any problems with that one

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
pj64kVE is nothing but the normal pj64k with those vista fixes, so its basically the same emu and both should get the same rating >_>

Project64KVE the one that the mexican guy did. Was the best pj64k HACK not source edit that i have seen. He was smart enough to 00 out the default plugins in hex editor on emu guessing it would make it so you can pick which ever plugin for online. and mine i just edited the source code in a unstable area so it would play the random stage and some more roms so that it doesn't ds as much on some parts.

Top Bottom