• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nairing from the ledge: How do YOU do it??

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm having a little trouble with this...

Not as much as reneblade

But I cannot figure out the ultimate way to nair from the ledge. I know there are probably 13 different ways that you can physically execute it.

At first, I would tap down, jump, hit a, but that doesn't really work. Then I spent a week learning controlstick back> controlstick forward> jump>z> (the last 3 all being at about the same time). It works okay, but I don't get hugely far onto the ledge, and I die sometimes.

I just tried cstickdown>controlstick up> a> controlstick towards stage. It works good when it works, but I seem to mess that one up alot.

What is the superior way to do this? AKA I want to do darkrain nairs from the ledge haha.

Thanks

_kSo_

Smash Master
I do cstickback -> ctrlstickup -> A -> ctrlstickforward for DI

nair from the ledge is a randomly hard thing to do. Just gotta get used to doing it :/

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I do ctrlstickback-> x to jump (I have my index finger waiting on z)-> z-> ctrlstickforward for the DI.

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
I just quickly hit back on the control stick and roll my finger from x>A and then slam the control stick to the stage. Just my preference and yeah, my main problem is hitting jump before I let the control stick reset and I jump backwards lolz.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
control stick down, jump with y, then a

i never realized this was something people had trouble with, or that people did in so many different weird ways

i recommend trying to do most ledge stuff the same way, so if you ledgehop knee by hitting down then y then doing the knee however you do, you should probably also use down then y when nairing, just for muscle memory's sake

but ive never had trouble with it so i wouldnt really be able to give advice on overcoming difficulties doing it. i actually am somewhat in disbelief that you guys, who i've played and seen what you are capable of, have trouble doing this while doing all the other stuff you do pretty well

and lastly i gotta say kso's way sounds like a terrible idea but w/e works for you i guess

_kSo_

Smash Master
control stick down, jump with y, then a

i never realized this was something people had trouble with, or that people did in so many different weird ways

i recommend trying to do most ledge stuff the same way, so if you ledgehop knee by hitting down then y then doing the knee however you do, you should probably also use down then y when nairing, just for muscle memory's sake

but ive never had trouble with it so i wouldnt really be able to give advice on overcoming difficulties doing it. i actually am somewhat in disbelief that you guys, who i've played and seen what you are capable of, have trouble doing this while doing all the other stuff you do pretty well

and lastly i gotta say kso's way sounds like a terrible idea but w/e works for you i guess
yeah, it's actually not the best way to do it, but I got used to it kuz the only way I was able to do ganon's waveland onto the stage from the ledge was by using cstick to let go. :ohwell:

I'm a really weird player, I use up on the control stick to full jump, and x to short hop. Yeah i dunno lolLL

i never nair from the ledge. i'm scared that i might kill myself

i just press L to roll back onto the ledge
hahaha this made me lol irl. I'm always scared when I play falcon lol

legion598

Smash Ace
cantrol stick back> control stick forward + Y with the tip of ur thumb >DI onto stage just enough to be on the stage and return control stick to neutral > immediately A with the pad of ur thumb> PROFIT!!!

if u know the input for Nair> Nair combos it has similar timing

i dont have problems doing it, cause i dont try it.

thank you that is all.
WIN

Renth

Smash Hero
If it comes out the same way and you know you're doing it right, it comes down to preference rather than having to do it identical to your favorite player.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
control stick away
control stick forward
jump with X
hit A

think of it is a mini dash dance followed by a short hop nair....i try to land as far in as possible

PEEF!

Smash Hero
As I expected, everyone has a different way of doing this.

My z style is working okay, but I'm going to try Radovitches way to see what happens...

But fk it I'm just gonna play ice climbers.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i do CS down, X/Y (the one on top [can;'t remember which]), then slide to A, CS forward

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
LOL Igcorisss

A good way to do this if you just want to do the simple 'drop>x/y>a/z>forward' thing is just to practice maxing out your nairs.

I think it was lovage that found a good way to practice maxing Fox nairs in running off the top platform of Dreamland and nairing to land on the side platforms. Only if you do it fastest do you actually nair and land on them.

The same can be applied to anything of the ledge. Just get the timing down to max the distance. It's a little trickier with a down/back movement on the ctrl stick first but it's essentially the same idea.

Unless you're comfortable doing different motions for things (claw for some things not others as an example) then ctrlstick/cstick/z etc mix is totally doable aswell.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i never had a problem with this

stick away from the ledge
press y
press a
di into the stage
????
profit

edit: HOLY **** I SWEAR TO GOD I DIDN'T READ THE POST BEFORE MINE TIL AFTER I POSTED

LOL

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
-control stick away
- control stick forward
- X ( as fast as possible )
- nair

- ( l-cancel )
- (moonwalk)
- ( pull out other persons controller )
- ( inverted knee )

:urg:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
the hard part is letting go of the left stick and hitting A ASAP, i know back when i actually wanted to do it I would either Knee or not do anything cause i would wait too long after letting go of the left stick.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
not too tough but here we go

quickly get off ledge (back or down)
quickly jump forward
release and quickly press A or Z as soon as you see the nair starting up di towards the stage again
ff/lcancel

there you go

HXCK1D

Smash Rookie
>.> Control stick away from the ledge, quickly jump with Y and slide your thumb down to A almost at the same time, then quickly DI towards the ledge. You have to start DI-ing before your jumps coming down, or else you die. Then L cancel ^_^

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Down on analog stick. Press Y whilst di-ing onto the stage. Center the joystick to nair. Continue to use Falcon's aerial momentum to get further onto the stage.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
yeah i never had trouble with this because i learned to do ledge hop aerials on ganon, and even though he only has one it's ****ing hard.

the order i do it in, control away from ledge, x, a, control towards stage.

But honestly it's so fluid now i feel like i mold the steps together and just do it all at once o_O

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah this is one of the simplest things to do as Falcon IMO. I just press back, press Y while switching control stick from back to forward to DI onto the stage, then release quickly and press A and L-cancel.

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
can we please close this thread.
its not hard and should really be thinking of all the possible ways to do it before asking. or ask on the question thread thats what its there for. no one can tell you which way is perfect, only how they prefer to do it.
1 control stick away or down from ledge
2 jump by using X, Y or up on control stick
3 hit A or Z while rising
4 put the control stick toward the stage
5 lcancel

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i need to start c-sticking my drops from the ledge. I hit down, and i get the most inconsistant heights for my ledgehops. I often ledgehop into suicide Nair because i hit down, up, Z, towards stage.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
just hit the control stick backwards and you wont fastfall off the ledge, you'll get maximum height if you do it that way and it's way less awkward than using the cstick for dropping.

Top Bottom