• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Do they have Stamina Tournaments? because I smell a new character for them.
Now someone needs to find a way to be sonic and tails.
29 Cruel kills and still nothing. EGM fan, much?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
There needs to be a master hand character discussion in the melee forums now just like for all the other characters.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Can two people actually have a master hand ditto? I seem to be able to control two master hands with one controller XD, but not more than that. Pretty hilarious.

Toya

Smash Apprentice
if the timer expires in adventure mode, his trophy on the continue screen is the one where Mario is using the cape.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Master Hand can get scores in Cruel Melee and they are registered (I don't know for Endless Melee and 15min Melee though). I tried making a score, about 15 kos (he can't die so it's easy, down A pwns), and it was added to my total after I quit the match (with pause and the 4 buttons to quit). After that I beat my record, I made 22 kos, and it was registered aswell so my total improved even more.

Yay for our new character, I can't wait to play him in tournaments :D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Anyone want to moneymatch my master hand?

Also I guess we should expect M2K to main him for tournament use xD

noodles

Smash Champion
this isnt working for me. im sure i have the timing down because i get to the stage selection screen. but when the match starts up nothing else happens

doublejoint

Smash Cadet
i get infinite loading screen

might just as well play re5 (hur hur)

im using this to train with no comps and cstick now

edit: no freezing with a different smash disc :D

camera with 1 player is sick

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
How did he get the lazers on MH to stay out forever at around 4:30?
Thats the laser glitch. You can do it while MH is big or small- you do the laser attack-before the attack finished MH returns back to its normal size...but the lasers are still there.you can mutiply the lasers...holy **** this is really fun :D

I just made a video:

How to control Masterhand as your teammate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg7XRC2gRX8

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Astonishing. Absolutely astonishing. Maybe this should be stickied?
When I looked at the topic's title, I thought "Yeah, right... -_-" But than I looked at the arrow at the left of the title stating that this was a hot thread, rather than a locked one. I got so excited!...

Ok, so from what I'm seeing at the long of the thread, this glitch works in every game version.

People say it works in all the NTSC versions, and I own the PAL and just did it. Several times.

We need to make sure your names go in Melee's history. I mean, if I discovered something like this, I'd want my name to go down in history.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
The glitch appeared on a small glitch+bugs site in the first place back in Oct. ´08. XD Some german dude discovered this, and noone else payed attention :D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I've got version 1.2

And this really does change alot. Now there will be new **** to screw around with and there's ways to legitimately record single character vids with no AR. I wonder if there's other glitches like this that we haven't found, maybe a way to play as other normally unplayable characters.
In Melee? Explain....

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
lol I was playing master hand on rainbow cruise and I picked up a super mushroom, but when it was time for him to get small again the game froze

rhan

Smash Hero
It's amazing how we can play by our selves now. I'm expecting techskill videos in the near future.

Also Master Hand is broken.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Seems to freeze on certain stages and always freeze the game in 1.0?

Edit -- Maybe I'm just unlucky, but on my 1.0 it's frozen every attempt so far on FD but worked almost every time on another version.

Grunt

Smash Master
wow, We've been trying to see whether or not it's viable to use MH, and it seems like it should be fairly easy to avoid him on neuteral stages, but, corneria is broken. >.>

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Seems to freeze on certain stages and always freeze the game in 1.0?

Edit -- Maybe I'm just unlucky, but on my 1.0 it's frozen every attempt so far on FD but worked almost every time on another version.
I have 1.0 and it always works fine for me.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to look for Melee at GameStop,
I wonder how much Melee is nowadays...

So, can you have MH on a team with a normal person,
then have a second team with a master hand and a different person?

Top Bottom