• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana CPU theory. question

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
nah bro, imo the spelling of nathaniel is of more relevance than ai.

this thread is now for determining if nana has the ai necessary to spell nathaniel correctly.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think the best way around the whole Learning AI debate is this:

From a fundamental standpoint, the game might decipher inputs as all of them going to Popo. And if Nana is able to, she follows Popo. I think in reality we would then have a situation where we see the Nana doing all kinds of grabs because of the amount of chaingrabbing we do on our Wiis. But for my part of playing, I haven't seen any evidence of her doing that on her own. So the computer AI might make a distinction between if Popo is available and how inputs affect Nana and if Popo is not availabe and how those input affect Nana. If Popo is unavailable, we aren't in control of that situation, meaning then that we can't realistically "teach" nana to do anything. And since the that situation is the only time the AI would realistically be in effect, it might all be a moot point.

But in all seriousness, if the AI were "learning", the real question we ought to be asking ourselves is how to best maximize potential advantages of this.

DeLux

Dabuz, you're dumb. I thought you quit, lol.
Anyway, unlike melee, nana does not possess her own character pac file. The theory might have some foundation if this were the case; however, Nana is considered an article. As something you might understand better, Pikmin are also encoded as an article.

//doublepostfino

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@lux...i haven't played since i've posted this thread, also, i don't bother looking in the files and finding all the technical aspects of brawl, i just play the game, stuff like pikmin counting as an "article" is news to me.

DeLux

FYI, that was Fino posting on my account lol

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
nana doesn't count as an article, dantarion just coded it in so it displays that way in order to simplify things iirc.

i wouldn't know about pikmin.

DeLux

The Down Special for Diddy or the Secondary Ice Climber

I swear, when people talk about the Diddy matchup and they talk about the anti item game, it's the most confusing thing ever.

Top Bottom