• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana Rage

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Nana Rage. No, I'm afraid it isn't some newfangled AT, but rather something that I, and I'm sure many others suffer from on an almost regular basis. Nana Rage occurs when Nana doesn't do what she is supposed to, and you end up dead because of it :D

Basically, what I'd like to know, is what are the mechanics behind the IC upB? way too many times have both Nana and I been below the stage level, I upB, and instead of tethering or even regular upB jumping, we both do our pitiful solo jump and fall to our deaths.

Could someone tell me what I may be doing wrong? and also if there are any other conditions wherein Nana will screw Popo over?

Thanks muchly.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I feel... your pain.

As for for the mechanics of the move I'm not to sure, but I only use it if I am pretty close to Nana.
If Popo is above Nana, fast fall a bit(hopefully Nana doesnt fast fall too, she normaly doesnt...emphasis on NORMALY) then press up B. If your close enough and aim right it will be a tether recovery. So basicly make sure your synched, desynched recovery will lead to either;

A) and incredibly lucky recovery of both of you (5% chance)
B) Nana's Death (23% chance)
C) Popo's Death (22% chance)
D) Nana and Popo's Death (50% chance)

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
When you perform a move, nana delays by 6 frames. Because of this, you get desynched(test it out with the standard b attack.). If you press up-b right after this, both of you fall to your doom.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Nana Rage.
IMO it's more like "Nana Lolz". I just lol cuz Nana's really stupid sometimes :D if I lose a match cuz of her, well, that just proves why we're awesome for maining ICs :-)

You can get used to when Belay will work and when it won't... although I'm not sure exactly what the condition is, I think Nana has to be "available" (ie. not in the middle of performing a move herself), and anywhere near you...... the radius is quite big actually, she'll teleport quite a ways, which throws people off a lot :)

It's especially awesome when they're just about to smack Nana, and you just up-B so she disappears before they hit her.

Side-B has better recovery distance than up-B, if you can mash B really freaking fast >.>

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
XD At first I thought this was a thread about Nana beastin` people.

Like one time I got Usmash KOed by a Fox. and Nana Usmashed the Fox for a KO.

WHAT A WOMAN.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Grr Nana rage. Why must she be such a blonde brunette? :<

Surprisingly, I don't consider this the worst Nana-gimp. What really ticks me off is when you're over the edge and you let yourself fall thinking you can recover, and she jumps up, grabs the ledge and climbs up onto the stage, leaving you to fall into the abyss...

although I'm not sure exactly what the condition is, I think Nana has to be "available"
Nana has to be synced to you. If she's "returning" to you while you're both in the air, you won't be synced until after you do a move while she's in range. So even though she's free and in range, if she was hit away from you and you both meet in the air, you won't be able to Belay recover because the game thinks you're not synced. The same applies to Squall too.

Pretty much any other move can be used to re-sync. Jumps, airs, dodges... whatever. I normally rely on my second jump, but if that's not available, something quick like n-air works well.

infomon

Smash Scientist
What really ticks me off is when you're over the edge and you let yourself fall thinking you can recover, and she jumps up, grabs the ledge and climbs up onto the stage, leaving you to fall into the abyss...
OMG YES that is the worst, but it's sooo lol when it happens. Stupid Nana :D

Thanks tons for the info on recovery-syncing; that explains some unfortunate misses I've had.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone for the input. I didn't know that Belay was impossible while de-synced or when Nana is using a move. I hate when she just spams ice block while offstage too.

I'll try using a nair while falling before belaying, see how that works out for me.

Top Bottom