• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto for Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Just because your a mod doesn't mean I won't type what I truly think...

I love watching Naruto, its my most favorite animes of all time. I think that Naruto would actually be a pretty good smasher since hes a ninja and pretty much a fighter already. But as the same I would say with say.. Ryu (Hadoken!) hes already in a fighting game and its pretty much his own franchise.

There is barely a chance of Naruto being in smash. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him in as well as say Sakura, or Sasuke (Though I don't like him)

KAGE BUSHIN NO JUTSU!
RASENGAN!

-Onyx

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Barely? There's NO chance... I guarantee that.

The Bino

Smash Lord
OK i haven't read everything in here since i posted earlier, but i have seen that alot of ppl are stating that Naruto is for kids.... the only real response i have to this is that if you have watched the anime in Japanese than it is an interesting show, when it was brought over to America they destroyed it with the translating, they made it sound horrible, they can't pronounce names correctly, they have horrible voice actors doing the voices and made the chars sound even younger than what they are intended to be. Now I read and still continue to watch the seires because it is interesting, the fighting is what im interested in when im watching this show, the storyline is intrigueing to me because i like stuff like this, but that's just my personal opinnion on that

I don't think Naruto is the best anime i have ever watched, the best anime i have ever watched IMO was Rurouni Kenshin and the OVAs that went with it, but thats just me, the storyline in that was deeper, had real facts about the country and there was someone that was known as Hitokiri Battousai in Japan during those wars, though he of course couldn't do what Kenshin did because Kenshin if FICTIONAL based off of real facts but made to appease the audiance, which i believe they had maintained and did correctly... now the story went further than 95 episodes in the manga, but they caught up to the manga too fast just like Naruto did, but they didn't do what Naruto did, Naruto made fillers to keep it airing on TV in Japan so it wouldn't disappear like alot of other shows overseas because nothing was on the air... this is why those fillers didn't make sense, they were Fillers and had nothing to do with the original storyline whatsoever, but they did take somethings from the series and try to build off of it to again appease the audiance

In short, im 22 and i like Naruto so does that make me a kid because i watch a show that is generated towards children in your eyes and really generated towards children when brought over to the USA..... if so, than i guess we are all children because we own a Nintendo system too, because Nintendo is geared towards a younger audiance than that of Sony and Microsoft..... so i would suggest that before we start stating that others are childish we think things through and make sure our words are palatable before we speak them

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
OK i haven't read everything in here since i posted earlier,

and thats why your post fails. actually few really are comparing the anime to a kids show in this thread here. the anime sucks. before you try to reply please try reading more of the thread instead of skimming a few posts. a lot of your post has already been discuss so you are just repeating what has been said. the manga is ok the anime sucks. its a mediocre series. there are better things out there.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I hate Naruto with a passion. I highly doubt he would be in the game and that's a good thing. A ninja who tries to kill people with a shuriken? Throwing around gardening shovels? Wearing orange when hiding? What kind of ninja is that, anyway?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Mod or not, this is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.

I believe it was stated that the character must have originated from a video game, thus Naruto cannot be in Brawl.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
what i most love about Kirby is that he can look like any character you like, Even though if they have no chance of being in brawl.

thats why he is my favorite!! ^__^
Kirby is to awesome to be mix with something that fails so hard as naruto. And like Darkurai said this thread is ridiculous, no its just plain stupid.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i would rather see rock lee in, but yah naruto already has fighting games. i am also addicted to the naruto series now

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
( I know Naruto has little to NO chance of getting in but that won't stop my imagination~ Mwuahahaha! >=D)

I can see it now!!

B: Rasengan- Naruto charges his rasengan up for about the same as donkey kong's punch and can carry it with him to strike.
>B- Shadow Clone: Naruto creates a shadow clone that gets his backside to cover blindspots. Once hit the clone disappears.
^B Thousand Years of Pain- Naruto blasts upwards at an angle with fingers outstretched in the tiger symbol. (Warning: May cause rectal damage in opponents :chuckle:)
VB Substitution- Naruto counters with a substitution jutsu and appears behind the enemy ready to counter attack.

Final Smash: Nine Tails! Naruto transforms into the Ninetails form of him (like the Sasuke fight) and has devastating knockback, power and speed!

A- Punch
A,A- one-two punch
A,A,A- one-two uppercut
<A> tilt- Palm thrust (good knockback at higher %s)
^A tilt- throws a exploding note up in the air above him.
VA tilt- Swipes at opponents' feet tripping them.
Dash A- Home Run slide (like Mario)

Smash <A> Shuriken Slam- Naruto readies two shuriken in his hand and quickly throws them at the enemy. (This move is FAST, but not to damaging 5% per shuriken)
^A Kunai Thrust- Thusts his Kunai upwards in the air to deal heavy damage. Like Peach and he sweet spot up A. His elbows to side damage.
VA Trip Sweep- A sweeping kick that sends enemies in the air for easy comboing.

Aerials.
Nair- Holds to Kunai ands spins once around to hit those coming at him from both sides. Good Knockback and strong.
Fair- Claw swipe- Naruto's jinchuriki chakra forms a claw around his hand (red) and swipes for the hit. Similar to Sheik's Fair.
Bair- Naruto spins and does a roundhouse backwards into approaching enemies from behind.
Dair- Naruto smashes one foot downwards and is able to meteor smash (therefore MC-able)
Uair- Naruto backflips and sends the enemy flying upwards wit ha single kick.

Overall
Speed: 4/5
Weight: 2.5/5
Height: 2.5/5
Power: 3.5/5
Recovery: 2/5
Comboing ability- 5/5

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
naruto sucks they try to copy dragonball/z/gt so much
Not really. No one switches their hair to yellow and make it grow 10 feet.

trust me naruto aint makn it in brawl, he's got as much a chance as masterchief
..No, he has more of a chance but he obviously ain't getting in.

Just because your a mod doesn't mean I won't type what I truly think...

I love watching Naruto, its my most favorite animes of all time. I think that Naruto would actually be a pretty good smasher since hes a ninja and pretty much a fighter already. But as the same I would say with say.. Ryu (Hadoken!) hes already in a fighting game and its pretty much his own franchise.

There is barely a chance of Naruto being in smash. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him in as well as say Sakura, or Sasuke (Though I don't like him)

KAGE BUSHIN NO JUTSU!
RASENGAN!

-Onyx
Yeah...again, we know he wont be in..we also stated on like page 1 that he could work as a fighter.

Barely? There's NO chance... I guarantee that.
No, there is a chance. Less then Barely, more then No. But, I can guarantee he won't be in.;)

I hate Naruto with a passion. I highly doubt he would be in the game and that's a good thing. A ninja who tries to kill people with a shuriken? Throwing around gardening shovels? Wearing orange when hiding? What kind of ninja is that, anyway?
Okay who cares if you hate him..a lot of people do. You can easily kill people with Shurikens. I threw a gardening shovel once. Wearing bright orange and hiding a will agree is dumb but I don't get the Shuriken part?

Kirby is to awesome to be mix with something that fails so hard as naruto. And like Darkurai said this thread is ridiculous, no its just plain stupid.
Not really. Kirby mixes with Pichu. Yeah, this thread ain't the greatest but we keep posting to it so it ain't gonna die. It is not stupid, it was off a Mods speculation..maybe towards dumb cause I am sure he knew Naruto will not be in.

i would rather see rock lee in, but yah naruto already has fighting games. i am also addicted to the naruto series now
..I am not addicted but do like the series. If anyone would get in, Naruto would be it. The show isn't "Rock Lee". >_>

Don't mention other Anime/Manga!

Don't keep giving me that other anime deserve it over Naruto. Would I like to see other Manga/Anime in, yes..I do watch others too but the thing is, not all are Video Games and are not Well known. I am sure not everyone knows Ghost in the Shell Movies[not Cartoon Network]if you get what I am saying.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
well earlier, Bino said most of what i was gonna say, except that IMO the best anime i ever watched was FMA and im 14. the reason y i kept posting things like "plz dont watch the English version" was because in Japanese its actually more interesting and makes more sense:
English: Kakashi/Zabuza fight: "LIGHTNING BLADE!!!" *Haku teleports in the way* *barely any blood comes out"
Japanese: "RAIKIRI!!!" *Haku appears* SPLAT!!!*

my point in doing that was to say that the English version killed it, and when people who only watched the English version said it sucked was because they didnt know what the show was really like.Yes the storyline is still accurate in the English version but one of the main reasons why i watch it is because of the fighting and action, and that was what mostly got killed.

what SenorPres. said earlier about the "Typical Narutard" was false. IMO thats wut a LOSER Naurto fan thinks (no offense if someone ACTUALLY thinks that). i was trying to say that typical Naruto fans (like me) think that the show has a decent storyline and good fighting. theres barely any f***ing romance at all like the ******** girls who had crushes on Sasuke/Gaara, the fact that Hinata gets an orgy every time Naruto passes by, the fact that Asuma and Kurenai got married or with the thing that Shikamaru has over Temari vice versa. and to whoever said that the story revolves around Sasuke (i think it was Senor Pres.) is only half right. The story of course mainly focuses on Naruto, because Akatsuki (the main villains) is after his Kyuubi and all the other Bijuu. The story went to Sasuke because he is trying to kill his brother (who is in Akatsuki). During his course of trying to kill him, he went to Orochimaru (the "supposed to be" villain) to gain more power
and ended up killing him because he got too weak.
Now Sasuke is looking for his bro again, Akatsuki is looking for Naruto (and other Bijuu), and Naruto is after Sasuke. When they all find each other is when things start to happen.

now to finish, Naruto has NO chance because hes an anime character and anime chars dont get into Smash (unless Creo tells me otherwise as to why he has a miniature chance). what Mandalore said hardly made any sense, n i wanted to comment on that:
of course he wont be in the game, hes an anime character. a NINJA who tries to kill people with a SHURIKEN. that one fails: first he doesnt only use shuriken. 2. shuriken can easily kill 3. hes a NINJA. they USE shuriken.
wtf did u mean with the gardening shovel? if he killed someone with a shovel in the first place, that would be stupid, but come on, its a gardening shovel. people can kill with gardening shovels, stupid yea, but it kills.
orange in hiding is stupid, i'll give u that, but i think Kishimoto wanted them to use their chakra to hide or w/e.
also, i still think Naruto is my favorite anime, but that doesnt mean i dont like other animes as well...

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
The symbolism of Naruto's striking contrast in appearance and physical features represents and amplifies his unorthodox way of the ninja. He is noted for the loud, obnoxious, vibrant ninja that he is. His original and contrasting nature to the societal norm for a ninja is further sepearated by his physical uniqueness.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
> >

Sakurai said no Anime characters.

If he's in Brawl, I'll this game forever.

Naruto is the most annoying character ever created. Anytime some little kid screams, believe it, I just wanna drop kick them in the face.

And Naruto isn't that good of a show. I mean, there's some cool stuff (Gaara vs Rock Lee, anyone?), but it's not that good. :shrug:

And the greatest anime I've ever seen is FMA and Cowboy Bebop, for the record, since it was mentioned. I thought the english dubbing for both shows was fantastic; excellent work on the actors part. The voice acting for Naruto was horrid (see above about annoying kids).

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
If an anime character was in Brawl, there would have to be a cutscene before each match where they talk for forty five minutes before they fight. Then they fight for two minutes before they start talking again.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I agree with ODIN that FMA was one of the best; I personally would choose Bleach over CB, but its an opinion. The dubbing for FMA was awesome! I still watch the japanese Naruto because it is that much better than the english version.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
If an anime character was in Brawl, there would have to be a cutscene before each match where they talk for forty five minutes before they fight. Then they fight for two minutes before they start talking again.
But it's okay. No anime characters in Brawl. :chuckle:

I agree with ODIN that FMA was one of the best; I personally would choose Bleach over CB, but its an opinion. The dubbing for FMA was awesome! I still watch the japanese Naruto because it is that much better than the english version.
Ah, why thank you. I'm just starting to get into bleach (not a big fan of the voices). :( But, I'm still giving it a try.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Naruto?...

I don't know. i don't think someone who is essentialy an Anime character could make it in

however, if you play the flash version of Smash Bros, then you can unlock him, I think

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
well earlier, Bino said most of what i was gonna say, except that IMO the best anime i ever watched was FMA and im 14. the reason y i kept posting things like "plz dont watch the English version" was because in Japanese its actually more interesting and makes more sense:
English: Kakashi/Zabuza fight: "LIGHTNING BLADE!!!" *Haku teleports in the way* *barely any blood comes out"
Japanese: "RAIKIRI!!!" *Haku appears* SPLAT!!!*

my point in doing that was to say that the English version killed it, and when people who only watched the English version said it sucked was because they didnt know what the show was really like.Yes the storyline is still accurate in the English version but one of the main reasons why i watch it is because of the fighting and action, and that was what mostly got killed.

what SenorPres. said earlier about the "Typical Narutard" was false. IMO thats wut a LOSER Naurto fan thinks (no offense if someone ACTUALLY thinks that). i was trying to say that typical Naruto fans (like me) think that the show has a decent storyline and good fighting. theres barely any f***ing romance at all like the ******** girls who had crushes on Sasuke/Gaara, the fact that Hinata gets an orgy every time Naruto passes by, the fact that Asuma and Kurenai got married or with the thing that Shikamaru has over Temari vice versa. and to whoever said that the story revolves around Sasuke (i think it was Senor Pres.) is only half right. The story of course mainly focuses on Naruto, because Akatsuki (the main villains) is after his Kyuubi and all the other Bijuu. The story went to Sasuke because he is trying to kill his brother (who is in Akatsuki). During his course of trying to kill him, he went to Orochimaru (the "supposed to be" villain) to gain more power
and ended up killing him because he got too weak.
Now Sasuke is looking for his bro again, Akatsuki is looking for Naruto (and other Bijuu), and Naruto is after Sasuke. When they all find each other is when things start to happen.

now to finish, Naruto has NO chance because hes an anime character and anime chars dont get into Smash (unless Creo tells me otherwise as to why he has a miniature chance). what Mandalore said hardly made any sense, n i wanted to comment on that:

of course he wont be in the game, hes an anime character. a NINJA who tries to kill people with a SHURIKEN. that one fails: first he doesnt only use shuriken. 2. shuriken can easily kill 3. hes a NINJA. they USE shuriken.
wtf did u mean with the gardening shovel? if he killed someone with a shovel in the first place, that would be stupid, but come on, its a gardening shovel. people can kill with gardening shovels, stupid yea, but it kills.
orange in hiding is stupid, i'll give u that, but i think Kishimoto wanted them to use their chakra to hide or w/e.
also, i still think Naruto is my favorite anime, but that doesnt mean i dont like other animes as well...
Sorry for the Anime thing. I was never informed that Sakurai said none would be in..my bad. At least I said he wouldn't be in.

> >

Sakurai said no Anime characters.

If he's in Brawl, I'll this game forever.

Naruto is the most annoying character ever created. Anytime some little kid screams, believe it, I just wanna drop kick them in the face.

And Naruto isn't that good of a show. I mean, there's some cool stuff (Gaara vs Rock Lee, anyone?), but it's not that good. :shrug:

And the greatest anime I've ever seen is FMA and Cowboy Bebop, for the record, since it was mentioned. I thought the english dubbing for both shows was fantastic; excellent work on the actors part. The voice acting for Naruto was horrid (see above about annoying kids).
..ODIN, you probably only have seen televised ones cause
When Naruto consumes Nine tailed fox and Sasuke consumes a demon, that is teh bomb fight..FO SHIZZLE!
The Rock Lee versus Garra is good but not even close to best.

lyonartime333

Smash Rookie
west virginia(the state not western virginia)
wow, thats quite possibly THE WORST idea for brawl i have ever heard. If you look at the roster for the smash bros. games, a few things become obvious. the most aperant of which is

THEY WERE IN VIDEO GAMES FIRST not cartoons, not comics, VIDEO GAMES.

Too include Naruto in a collection of the most famous game characters of all-time is stupid. he has only been in video games for around 2 years! Even if he fits the style of game (crazy chaotic party game) that doesn't justify his inclusion.

(ps. i'm not a Naruto hater if thats what you think, i've read SJ magazine since the first issue that went on sale jan. 2003)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Naruto vs Sasuke was a cool fight. i agree with ODIN too, "believe it" wants me to kick/sock/kill jk n its cool Creo, i thought u had another reason as to why he would have a chance *shrugs*
My other reason was his popularity and the fact he was on a Nintendo system..I heard it was the most selling for his franchise. No proof, I just heard.
Naruto and Sasuke was a great fight..
Now to the "Believe it" thing, it gers annoying..

Guess what guys...I am eating Ramen and Barbecue pork ribs..lol for real though!

I say, if any Ninja, bring Killer Instincts Jago-

"Egodoken!!"
That game is great.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
wow, thats quite possibly THE WORST idea for brawl i have ever heard. If you look at the roster for the smash bros. games, a few things become obvious. the most aperant of which is

THEY WERE IN VIDEO GAMES FIRST not cartoons, not comics, VIDEO GAMES.

Too include Naruto in a collection of the most famous game characters of all-time is stupid. he has only been in video games for around 2 years! Even if he fits the style of game (crazy chaotic party game) that doesn't justify his inclusion.

(ps. i'm not a Naruto hater if thats what you think, i've read SJ magazine since the first issue that went on sale jan. 2003)
Yes the whole "anime character don't go in brawl" issue has been long over done in this thread. i hate this thread so much. just fail upon fail.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
That would be, "Das". ;)

No, I don't understand or speak German. But I've seen/heard enough of it to know how stuff is pronounced (Rammstein and E Nomine FTW).
he said "thats uber gay" hahahaha u knew that right?
anywayz yes, the Naruto Sasuke fight was badass, along with the Sound of 5 fights. whered u hear that thing Creo?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Smash Ace
I think Magikarp has a better chance of getting in, since he/she/it/rubberducky was in a videogame first.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I'm going to assume this thread was a joke for the sake of my belief in humanity.

1) Naruto is about as third party as you can get.

2) He is an anime character who was franchised into games.

3) His games are already fighters.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Sorry Numa but I have to post.

PitIcarus,
I AM TINGLE'S #1 FAN!

[Edit]..Just look at my Sig, Location, profile picture, profile, avatar, etc..If you want to continue this, reply to my PM I sent you since we can't make threads on it. Plus, that would be a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom