• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
im with bored

you wanna basically rid everyone of their free will because of a girl, who didnt even reciprocate the same feelings towards you, lmao how lame

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i dunno

Theres blood everywhere, and a dozen dead dudes lying around that he killed himself. That's gotta have an effect on a kid like obito.

I'm sure if someone irl experienced that first hand, they'd go a little nuts as well

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Except the realm of "Naruto" isn't irl to begin with >_>.

You're trained as a kid to become a ninja. What do you expect to happen when you graduate? Get a cookie? Go to grad school? Work in corporate?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're trained as a kid to become a ninja. What do you expect to happen when you graduate? Work in corporate?
In this economy? Not likely.

A 12 year old stabbed the back of his hand to make a blood oath

If that happened in real life, he'd be seen as crazy
A 12 year old wears a bright orange jumpsuit all the time.

If that happened in real life, he'd be seen as crazy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ITT: psycho-analysis of cartoon ninjas

-__-
You mean psychoanalysis.

Psychoanalysis is the study of the underlying psychological phenomena of human behavior and emotions.

Psycho-analysis is the study of a topic by a psychopath.

On second thought, maybe you meant exactly what you said.

How else will he hide himself amongst an orange farm?
Little known fact: Naruto actually takes place in Florida.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think you're oversimplifying Obito's motives. He was trapped in a small place for a very long time clinging onto the hope of returning and the thought of Rin and his jealousy towards Kikashi just to go on out and find that she was being killed, and not by just anyone, but the person he was jealous of. So he snapped? And what would you expect to follow from that considering he spent all of this time stuck in place where he was hearing about this idea of removing suffering from the world. The concept they are trying to relay is this: the only thing preventing an individual from preserving the world as it is and keeping suffering is emotional attachment to the things in it. Obito lost the emotional attachment.

Also I didn't interpret that page as emo at all, it's a statement of lack of emotional attachment, not some emo-attachment that Sasuke has.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Holder, you're forgetting that a psychopath like Gaara can go through life-altering (and psychosis-altering) epiphanies due to a bloody headbutt and bizarro, borderline nonsensical empathy.

This is the Narutoverse, bro. Motivation is shallow here, and fluid.

Smooth Criminal

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, Gaara may have been psychopathic, but it originated from his loneliness and rage. It was the first instance that someone made him feel alive without having to die to do so. Not trying to justify it necessarily, just saying that there is a sense of logic to it. And if that's not good enough, you can just say Naruto's nonsensical empathy is so psychopathic it cancels out Gaara's psychopathic nonsensical bloodlust. XD

I don't know, I guess I just feel like the manga is getting more interesting now than it was before. I like the concepts they're playing with, it's not nearly as cliche as typical bad guy mentalities at least. As long as we don't get any Nagato-epiphany moments, I'm fine with it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's certainly more interesting, but trying to say that Obito's reasons for going over are on par with the psychotic Gaara, deadened Nagato, and insane Orochimaru, etc. is silly.

Obito's just a baby. A spoiled one, at that.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You can't compare him with the others, you're right. But that's exactly my point. His emotional attachments were severed, and the idea is that he saw the "truth" of reality laid barren. It wasn't from an extreme amount of emotion and psychological issues that you can compare him to Gaara, Nagato, and Orochimaru, it's from the absence of that. In this sense he is a lot more unique than any of them and easier to sympathize with. I'm not trying to say that his "emotional suffering" is on par with either of them, that was never my point, and using that as the sole criteria is boring, and creates the one-dimensional "he's a selfish wacko bad-guy" mentality. That's why this is becoming interesting to me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, when I saw that panel...sooo emo.
Forget Obito's emotions and motivations and ****, just look at the page as a whole. It's a full page spread of large white text on a completely black background. I mean how lazy can you get? I expect **** like this from Kubo but I thought Kishimoto knew better.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kishimoto blatantly showed his "downside" when he had a chapter dedicated to poop jokes. We should have seen something like this coming. At this point, I'm glad the story is back in the present. Maybe after this break, we can get some progression.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Holder of the Heel sees Obito in the same way that I do. Mostly because I did live years in apathy after having emotional ties severed.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It seems that this thread is less about discussing the series and more about running stupid jokes into the ground.

Thino

Smash Master
Well considering there's not that much to discuss about this chapter except that Yahiko is confirmed for having been the only smart shinobi around

incoming Kakashi FnJ on Obito

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I just wanted to say two things:

One, Thino, nice avatar taste :awesome:

Two, I had years (no joke, literally YEARS) without reading Naruto at a fast pace. It was all drama and entire chapters before they did anything. Then, Obito's flashback finished pretty quickly after that one emo page and they moved directly to the battle (which will have to wait two weeks).

strawhats

Smash Master
I just wanted to say two things:

One, Thino, nice avatar taste :awesome:

Two, I had years (no joke, literally YEARS) without reading Naruto at a fast pace. It was all drama and entire chapters before they did anything. Then, Obito's flashback finished pretty quickly after that one emo page and they moved directly to the battle (which will have to wait two weeks).
to me that one emo page sums up how i think kishi feels about this manga these days....I just don't care about it anymore" seriously plot holes on plot holes on plot hole. This flashback was ended way too prematurely. I mean Obito being Tobi, for me, left a **** ton of plot holes and unanswered questions. Kishi's explanation of why Obito decided to kill his clan with Itachi, what happened to spiral zetsu,(since tobi/obito changed his mask)/did they join bodies permanently or something. Also why did Kisame refer to Obito as "Madara" after he revealed his face to kisame, and obito's reason for controlling the mizukage and turning the hidden mist into the bloody mist(well perhaps because of what happened to rin/but you'd think we'd get more on info on that ****). Not to mention why the **** is he able to compete with namikaze minato, that's just complete troll. (I mean he activated 3 tomoe, magically slipping through the rocks that should've crushed him to death, then gained senju DNA and obtained the mangekyou in a matter of weeks/months only to find his best friend kill the love of his life to then activate kamui) I mean we can make assumptions as to how he gained the knowledge about the kyubi's seal being weakest at child birth and how uzumaki kushina was the jinchuuriki at the time (his sensei was minato after all), but still assumptionis are not Definitve anwers provided by the mangaka/ to top it off he slaps us in the face with a week off when madara vs naruto is about to happen(well not as salty about that since I think he needs to take some time off to get his story writing skills back together, because I 've been reading BS for quite some time now)

Oda: I always write epic ****
Kubo: I'm back guys and better than ever
Kishi: "I just don't care about it anymore"
...END TIRADE

Thank GOD for Uchiha middle name mother ****ing Madara. The only man that is making this WAR, This manga really, LEGIT these days.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
My one main assumption is that black zetsu not only contains madaras will but his knowledge as well so that's where tobi got all the info from

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Kubo: I'm back guys and better than ever
He never left and no he's not.

"Better than the Fullbring arc" is not "better than ever". Attack of the Clones was better than The Phantom Menace but it was still an awful movie and when it came out Star Wars definitely was not "better than ever". The first major story arc in Bleach (when they go to Soul Society to save Rukia) was leaps and bounds better than the current arc and really any arc in the past 4 years at least.

Top Bottom