• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm on chapter 592...

Did they seriously make a **** joke?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would they need to be cryptic if it was just Tobi?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What happened was Aizen gave me a premonition that Theboredone and only Theboredone would post that.

Actually, years ago, my friend blogged about random stuff and that was one of them lol.

NTA

Smash Lord
those pages spent explaining could've been used for fighting

it would suck the masked man wasn't obito -_-
when did he get that second eye hole in his mask?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why are you guys so disappointed in this week's chapter? There's always a boring exposition chapter before the fights start. Is it because we had two in a row?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tobi's little conversation with Kakashi makes me think he really is Obito

My previous logic was simply saying Obito 5x fast sounds like Obi-tobi-tobi-tobi-tobi

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Tobi also said something to gai though, not just kakashi

also I didn't like this chapter because it didn't offer anything new amidst all the talking

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tobi also said something to gai though, not just kakashi

also I didn't like this chapter because it didn't offer anything new amidst all the talking

:phone:
Even though he was replying to what gai said, it was Kakashi that was in the next panel showing his reaction.

Besides, Kakshi and Gai have known eachother for a long time. Chances are Gai would have known who Obito was too

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Tobi's little conversation with Kakashi makes me think he really is Obito
[...]
Even though he was replying to what gai said, it was Kakashi that was in the next panel showing his reaction.
I thought the same thing. There's no real reason why he would have shown that Kakashi and Tobi's faces match up otherwise. This seems to be really plausible right now since their eyes match up and their Sharingans have similar powers. The only detail getting in the way of it is the fact that Obito was CRUSHED BY A ****ING ROCK ("This is my final gift to you Kakashi. I hope you like it because it cost me
an arm and a leg
.").

Well Kurama gave more details on the ten-tailed beast and I don't think Naruto and Kakashi (or Killer Bee for that matter) were there to hear the explanation of Tobi's "Moon's Eye" plan or the history of Ginkaku and Kinkaku (and Guy definitely didn't hear either of those), so the lengthy exposition was probably so that there were no plot holes later on in case one of them mentioned either of them. It wouldn't make sense for Naruto to mention the Moon's Eye plan if he had never heard of it before. Covering up plot holes is really boring but you gotta do it or else your story won't hold up under close examination.

I guess the other explanation for all this exposition is because Kishimoto thinks we've forgotten about it since this arc has been going on for like two years and a lot of the important stuff happened at the beginning, in which case, yeah, I can see why people would think this chapter is a waste of time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Assuming Fake Madara is Tobi, I know what happened.

Ras Al Ghul came, tried to revive Tobi via Lazarus Pits, but upon being revived, Tobi went insane.

Top Bottom