• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NBA: Draft Night!

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Marbury going to the Celtics is like adding more chocolate to a triple fudge chocolate cake. It's too much, the internal problems of the Celtics would only be exacerbated by his arrival.

Where's Michael Redd lol poor guy.

Smash Master
My conclusion that Duncan cannot score 81 that's it. That's all I have the data to support. If I cared enough I could find data to suggest that he is not a prolific scorer compared to other all-stars..

That's not the point.

The point is that you can't just waltz in here and say Kobe hasn't won a championship since Shaq's departure like he's incapable fo doing it, since your sample is only three championships. I see this kind of thing over and over again, and it's really annoying. The Lakers swept the OCT, I assume. Does that mean the OCT can't beat the Lakers. No. We only have four games worth of data.

Now, an 82 game season record actually means something. A four game series does not.

This is why it's stupid to tout your team's superiority in most cases.

Nike.

Smash Hero
alright you all...

first off...flopping is an art. its part of the game. if you are cunning enough to pull off the flop so that the refs are oblivious to it... so be it. honestly, i have SOMEWHAT of a respect for floppers. again, its an art. some are better at it than others. until they implement that rule that they were considering - the one where they issue a tech everytime someone flops - then so be it.

that being said...

is anyone going to challenge my claim that the finals is going to feature spurs vs cavs? if everyone is healthy on the spurs, than i think they are > than the lakers.

likewise, lebron is too much. a healthy delonte / mo / supporting cast may be too much for the celts. may be too much.... i guess either celts or cavs are going to come up top in the east... but i do pick spurs over lakers. spurs has a very consistent duncan in them whereas lakers dont have a consistent gasol/odom in them... at least when it counts.

Manu is my favorite nba player. I love the guy.

With that said, flopping is a disgrace. There should certainly be a rule against it. It's CHEATING.

Go to a play ground or park, play in a pickup game, and try one of these

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80536541/

As for spurs/cavs, thats a BIG IF on health. Duncan missed yesterdays game and will miss tonight as well.

Flopping is truly an art, i agree. I give credit where it's due, holding the ball is also a good tactic, dirty but still a good tactic. Example: I was at our schools girls 3rd round state playoff game. We are the Moody Trojans playing against the Ray Texas. Last time they played the texas beat them by forty. This time with playoffs on the line, going in the fourth our girls (Lady Trojans) where down by 8. Begining of the fourth the Texans start holding the ball. High school only plays with 8 minutes, and no shot clock. The pg from the Texans HELD the ball at the top court ( past half court of course) and STOOD there. Our girls were playing a 2-3 zone for they were playing a half court trap most of the game and could have been tired etc. etc. Anyways, since the BEGINNING of the fourth the girls were holding the ball, just passing around and **** at one point the held the ball for a FULL minute. To which i stood up from the stands and yelled "MINDGAMES" at the top of my already horse throat.

My point. The Texans were up by 8, they were obviously threatened because they weren't dominating our girls like their previous encounter. I WAS PISSED. But it was an effective strategy because every time our girls would press the person with the ball, our zone would **** up and they would score EASY two down low. EASY. I was jsut pissed that they were holding the ball for almost an entire quarter, that's some **** you do with a minute or so, but 8??? P-U-S-S-I-E-S... but effective strategy, as i flopping.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY not a fan. Coming from the guy that doesn't find it entertaining to go to any sporting event, i can't take you seriously.

And i've yet to seen Kobe win a championship since daddy's departure to Miami.

High skool really needs a shot clock. 35 (college) is perfect in my book. That strategy is just pure fail, though. Thats about the same as m2k edge hogging after taking the first stock.

Marbury going to the Celtics is like adding more chocolate to a triple fudge chocolate cake. It's too much, the internal problems of the Celtics would only be exacerbated by his arrival.

Where's Michael Redd lol poor guy.

Knicks were really hesitant on it. They were afraid that he'd go to a team that they may play in the first round.

Like the celtics lol but they gave in

Arguing about which team is better is pointless. We'll never have a statistically signifigant sample. Watch the game and enjoy it; it's stupid to get too attached to one particualr city.

I've never seen Duncan put up 81 though.
Your posts make me laugh. You say that arguing about which team being better is poitless. And then throw out some bait to start an argument.

You have a sample size of three championships. I have a sample size of like 1000 games. Who's results can produce a reasonable conclusion?

Also, flopping and holding the ball are both effective, but not entertaining to watch, which is why we should implement rules to get rid of them on a professional level.
3 championships > 1000 games. I really dont know what your even arguing.

Truth. Something I actually agree on you with.

Just because Kobe did not win one of those three doesn't mean he is incapable of winning championships without Shaq.

The fact that Duncan has not scored 81 in over 1000 games in his career is strong evidence that he is incapable of scoring 81. Has he ever even had a 40 point game?
Thats very true. With the cast he has now, he has a very good chance to win the whole thing. But appearently championships arent as important to you as point totals.

You gives a **** how many points Duncan can score in one game? He’s considered by nearly every knowledgeable fan to be the greatest power forward of all time. Championships will always overrule point statictics.

And yes, hes scored more than 40 on multiple occasions. Including his triple double (and 8 blocks) in Game6 against the Nets. In the FINALS.

My conclusion that Duncan cannot score 81 that's it. That's all I have the data to support. If I cared enough I could find data to suggest that he is not a prolific scorer compared to other all-stars..

That's not the point.

The point is that you can't just waltz in here and say Kobe hasn't won a championship since Shaq's departure like he's incapable fo doing it, since your sample is only three championships. I see this kind of thing over and over again, and it's really annoying. The Lakers swept the OCT, I assume. Does that mean the OCT can't beat the Lakers. No. We only have four games worth of data.

Now, an 82 game season record actually means something. A four game series does not.

This is why it's stupid to tout your team's superiority in most cases.
That’s not very good support. Not that anybody cares about his point total in a single game at all, but he hasn’t even retired yet. It can happen, though I doubt it.

I didn’t think youd find it annoying that people say Kobe wont win one without Shaq, since points are all you care about.

You just said that the regular season is more important than winning a series in the playoffs. Would you care to restate that, before you make yourself look like a complete idiot?

Smash Master
FOUR GAMES IS NOT A STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT SAMPLE.

You want to argue against that, fine. I could use a good laugh.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I cant take you seriously at any length with this:

I'll gladly debte that statement anytime.

FOUR GAMES IS NOT A STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT SAMPLE.

You want to argue against that, fine. I could use a good laugh.
That statement does not even make sense. It's not a significant sample of what? I dont know what it is your trying to say, other than that Duncan wont have an 81 point game. That is a completely meaningless "sample" that nobody cares about. There arent many people who have EVER scored more than even 70 in a single game. Kobe did it with a completely worthless cast against a team with one of the worst defenses in the league. Even with that, 81 is still an extremely impressive number. Duncan is surrounded by 2 other all stars and a team system of role playing, not the type of system to go on a scoring rampage. If you want to ***** at everyone here that duncan wont get 81 points, with the stats "he hasnt done it yet, therefore he wont", then go for it. Enjoy meatriding kobe just like any other faker fan while we all get a good laugh on you.

And you want a "statistically significant sample?" Mkay:

1st-Team, All-NBA Tally
Here's the all-time list:

12 selections
none

11 selections
Karl Malone

10 selections
Kareem Abdul-Jabber
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
Bob Pettit
Michael Jordan
Elgin Baylor
Tim Duncan this season

That's it

The all-NBA team is in many ways the NBA's most prestigous award as it goes all the back to the beginning of the league, even before they had the MVP or rookie-of-the year, or any other awards at all.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
are you really serious about an 82-game series being more important than the four-game championship series? you do know that franchises build their teams around winning championships right? that is why that despite the suns having like five 50+ win seasons, they still thought that was all a failure, hence them eventually trading marion for shaq, firing dantoni, making these trades, etc... Winning a championship means everything. It's why the celtics practically mortgaged their future when they traded al jefferson, gomes, and other talented players to acquire an older ray and garnett. They wanted the championship NOW.

what does the 82-game season really mean? It gets you a good seeding in the playoffs.. that's about it.

and who cares about kobe's 82? sure, he can score a lot, will it help him win a championship without another dominating force in shaq? we'll see i guess.

Smash Master
I'm saying four games doesn't prove one team's superiority over another. If you take the sample probability p(hat) and try to create a confidence interval for the true probability p (which is the probability a given team would win given infinite games), once you add two successes and two failures to the sample probability and calculate the standard error, your CI will be so wide as to be meaningless. For example, if the Lakers sweep their first round opponent 4-0, the 95% confidence interval for the true probability of the Lakers defeating their first round opponent is as follows:

0.75 +- 1.96 sqrt(0.75(1-0.75)/8) = [0.45, 1]

I could still argue that the Lakers could only beat their first round opponent 45% of the time and be just as correct as your argument that the Lakers are better than their first-round opponent.

Math is good.

Nike.

Smash Hero
A 4 game series is the perfect example to prove one teams superiority over another. Thats why they make playoffs. The better team will win (not including flukes or series changing wrong calls).

Stats wont get you anywhere in basketball, sorry dude. Done debating that.

In other news, tonites a double header on tnt:
Cleveland at Houston
Phoenix at LA Lakers

Houston fans are praising that there team is now better without Tmac. Guess they'll get there chance to prove it against one of the elite tonite.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Yao just posterized LeBron.... :psycho:
I'm looking forward to the Suns/Lakers matchup. At least twice a game whenever Kobe's team goes against Shaq's, they end up guarding each other. Hilarity normally ensues.

Smash Master
A 4 game series is the perfect example to prove one teams superiority over another. Thats why they make playoffs. The better team will win (not including flukes or series changing wrong calls).

Stats wont get you anywhere in basketball, sorry dude. Done debating that.

In other news, tonites a double header on tnt:
Cleveland at Houston
Phoenix at LA Lakers

Houston fans are praising that there team is now better without Tmac. Guess they'll get there chance to prove it against one of the elite tonite.
Did you just try to say that math =/= reality.

Mathematically correct is the highest level of correct you can possibly be. Its proven not by experiment, but by rigid applications of fundamental axioms.

Math will always be correct when applied to any situation, no matter how incapable you are of understanding it.

You cannot claim that the better team will win a four game series. I just finished explaining why that's not the case.

Troll?

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Did you just try to say that math =/= reality.

Mathematically correct is the highest level of correct you can possibly be. Its proven not by experiment, but by rigid applications of fundamental axioms.

Math will always be correct when applied to any situation, no matter how incapable you are of understanding it.

You cannot claim that the better team will win a four game series. I just finished explaining why that's not the case.

Troll?
Wow, you are just all over the place.
When it comes to sports, people keep track of all the stats. They keep track of wins, losses, ups, downs, weird occurrences, everything.
But when the game starts, all that goes out the window.
Recall 2 years ago, first round of the NBA playoffs. Dallas was a #1 seed, best record in the whole NBA. The Warriors were an 8 seed, BARELY limping into the playoffs. The Warriors blew the Mavs away in that series. The numbers DO often lie. At least when it comes to basketball (which this thread is about)...
I think we might be saying the same thing. You're saying the better team won't always win. But we're saying, "If a team wins, they're now the better team." Watch sports more.

Smash Master
Better team = team that will win the majority of the time given infinite games. True or False?

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Better team = team that will win the majority of the time given infinite games. True or False?
False. The infinite games scenario will never happen, and can't be used as an example. Take the Giants vs. Patriots example. The Patriots would win 9/10 times, but the Giants won that 1 time, which happened to be the Superbowl. Giants are the certified winners, against all odds. Whether you want to call them "better" doesn't matter. You measure it in who wins and who loses, not who should have won, or who could be better, ect.
The problem we have with your logic is this statement:
I'm saying four games doesn't prove one team's superiority over another.
You started off your statistics lecture with that line, which is incorrect.

Smash Master
No, that line was my conclusion, not my premise (duh!?). My premise was that the axioms of mathematics are true. I like to make an assertion and then support it. That's how I argue. I feel like if I say the controversial stuff at the beginning, you'll be more inclined to hear the explanation.

So the 07-08 Giants are better than the 07-08 Pats?

My GPA should only depend on the outcome of my last four tests?
I can say I'm a safe driver because I obeyed all the rules of the road the last four tmes I took a trip, regardless of what happened before then?
The first 78 games of the regular season are pointless?

Either you can recant your absurd philosophy or we'll have to agree to disagree.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Cavs signed Joe Smith, wooo welcome back Joe:estatic: . this essentially means that Cavs acquired Mo williams with just trading damon jones, well I guess not since it's been almost a half season without Joe.

Spurs signed gooden, he is averagish to below average on defense, but he's a double double machine and will definitely help them, trust me on that.

nike20 do you post on spurstalk?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Dwyane Wade had yet another MVP night. 36 points, 50%+ shooting, 2/3 3-pt, 16 assists, 6 rebounds, vs only 1 turn over in a Heat win over the Suns. Beasly and Cook combined for 55 points.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Dwyane Wade had yet another MVP night. 36 points, 50%+ shooting, 2/3 3-pt, 16 assists, 6 rebounds, vs only 1 turn over in a Heat win over the Suns. Beasly and Cook combined for 55 points.
The suns defense makes everyone look great.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord

This was an everyday game for the late, great Pistol Pete Maravich.

So a friend and i bet.

He said that Celtics and Cavs (assuming they make it to the finals) would go to a game seven. To this i CONFIDENTLY replied, Celtics in six and stuck my hand out. I'm cocky like that though, i called the super bowl with a near perfect point spread. TOOO GOOOD.

Any opinions on Celtics vs. Cavs in a series?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer

So a friend and i bet.

He said that Celtics and Cavs (assuming they make it to the finals) would go to a game seven. To this i CONFIDENTLY replied, Celtics in six and stuck my hand out. I'm cocky like that though, i called the super bowl with a near perfect point spread. TOOO GOOOD.

Any opinions on Celtics vs. Cavs in a series?
Celtics in six? I don't know about that...they took the celtics to seven last year WITHOUT Mo Williams or Joe Smith...granted celtics didn't start playing well in last year's playoff until the pistons series but still.

I'd have to say celtics in 7 at the very least...I wouldn't be surprised if the cavs took that series though.

I agree, it would be nice to see the spurs do well...I've always been a Duncan fan.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Celtics in six? I don't know about that...they took the celtics to seven last year WITHOUT Mo Williams or Joe Smith...granted celtics didn't start playing well in last year's playoff until the pistons series but still.

I'd have to say celtics in 7 at the very least...I wouldn't be surprised if the cavs took that series though.

I agree, it would be nice to see the spurs do well...I've always been a Duncan fan.
They were actually with Joe Smith(it took Joe Smith to be traded in a multi player deal to get Mo Williams), but Mo williams is a huge addition to them. I was super excited about the acquisition the day they got him, and the result is exactly what I expected.

cleveland's record right now is due to the addition of mo williams, and there is absolutely no way celtics will beat them "in 6" considering boston has only added mikki moore and marbury, who even knows how that will work out for them yet? when as B-Will said, they barely beat cleveland in 7.

I would bet against you that boston beats them in 6, and I in fact would bet that if they do indeed play vs each other, that cleveland will win the series(not naming how many games).

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
:( don't i feel stupid. But they got Starbury HAHAHAH.

And for me being a HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEE SPURS fan, i can't say i like duncan too much.
He's kinda like little wayne, you can't really hate him...but you can try.

*shrugs*

I'm going to a game in April F.A's.I

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
ya i forgot that joe smith was there last season.

i still think it will be a close series. like i said, cavs took them to seven games last season but celts still werent playing their best (i mean, look at what the hawks did to the celts on the road.) i think the celtics are a much better road team this time around then they were last season.

i just like duncan because he has always been a 20-10 guy. even at 32 years of age, he is still putting up 20-10 and being the defensive anchor on the team. i love franchise players.

Nike.

Smash Hero
You'll need to edit that into

"This Coloussel cool people's forum" :p
I wonder how they come up with those math formulas in the B-ball...
:D You are a God!

Cavs signed Joe Smith, wooo welcome back Joe:estatic: . this essentially means that Cavs acquired Mo williams with just trading damon jones, well I guess not since it's been almost a half season without Joe.

Spurs signed gooden, he is averagish to below average on defense, but he's a double double machine and will definitely help them, trust me on that.

nike20 do you post on spurstalk?
I made an account back in 2006 but only posted for a month. But I do get on spurstalk far more than I do on smashboards. Greatest online forum Ive ever seen.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Orlando just beat the Celtics. I think the Cavs will defeat the Celtics this year. That is, if Boston makes it to the Eastern Conference finals. A Cleveland-Orlando matchup seems more likely as the East's big matchup, with the ECF being anti-climactic.

5ive

Smash Champion
*cries*
omg Raptors. Hopefully Marion stays.. Our Gm is looking to sign Hamilton. Epic win next season ;)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Who would the east's last team be in the semi finals? I hope Atlanta hangs on . They'd get a second shot at Boston and hopefully Stern wont rob them again.

I'd love to see Cleveland take it from Boston. Or orlando.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Orlando just beat the Celtics. I think the Cavs will defeat the Celtics this year. That is, if Boston makes it to the Eastern Conference finals. A Cleveland-Orlando matchup seems more likely as the East's big matchup, with the ECF being anti-climactic.
yeah...that was a celtics team without KG, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, and wasn't Big Baby injured for part of that game? sure, the latter three arent the most skilled of players but it definitely hurt their depth that night.

anyways, id like to see orlando beat a healthy celtics team in a series. i have a lot of doubts.

EDIT: besides, i'm still impressed by the celtics' win sans KG over the cavs more than i am disappointed over their loss to the magic.

DOUBLE EDIT: if i recall correctly, wasnt rondo not playing in the magic game either? that is a huge loss...if that is the case, that magic win doesnt really count.

Nike.

Smash Hero
*Resurrects*

This thread pretty much died, but with the dramatic season coming to a close tmrw, I felt that it should be interesting again :D

So how bout that Western Conference? East is pretty much set, But things on the other side are reallyyyyyyy heating up. We may possibly see seeds #2-5 with the same record AND #6-8 with its own 3-way tiebreaker as well.

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on April 13.

We’re almost there. Only 2 days remain, and every team has only 1 game left on their schedule. The Rockets are on the verge of their first division title in 15 years and with a bit of help the #2 seed and an extremely favorable Playoff bracket. I’m laying out all the scenarios in this long Magic Number edition.

I’ve got to say I can’t wait for Wednesday night to get here so we finally know how this will all end. A few nights ago, I woke myself and my wife in the middle of the night when I shouted out “3.” I don’t know what scenario I was running through my head while I was supposed to be resting, but the madness will stop in 48 hours (cue maniacal laughter).

And for the record. If there is a 4 way tie between Houston, Enver, Portland, and SA. The division winners are Houston and Enver, and they would be seeded Houston, Enver, Portland, SA.

Rockets Stomp All Over Hornets
The Rockets picked up a sweet victory over the Hornets tonight. They started out a bit lethargic in the first quarter then simply demolished the Hornets the remainder of the game in picking up their fifth straight win. The defense in the second and third quarters was smothering. Yao put to rest any doubts about his foot with 22 points and 7 boards, and Scola had another strong performance with 15 rebounds. Carl Freaking Landry continues to pick up steam with 10 points and 7 rebounds, and the Red Baron came off the bench to score 13 points. This team is peaking at the absolute right time and can clinch the Southwest division with a win over the Mavs. I’m calling it right now. This team will win in Dallas on Wednesday.

With a win @Mavs
Rockets are #2 and Southwest champ with a Nugget loss
Rockets are #3 and Southwest champ with a Nugget win

With a loss @Mavs
Rockets are #3 and Southwest champ with a Spur loss AND a Blazer loss
Rockets are #4 and Southwest champ with a Spur loss AND a Blazer win
Rockets are #4 with a Spur win AND a Blazer loss
Rockets are #5 with a Spur win AND a Blazer win

The Rest of Monday’s Games
The Mavs had a golden opportunity to avoid the #8 seed with a win over the visiting Wolves, but they nearly blew their chance. Minnesota led for much of this game, until the Mavs went on a 4th quarter rally, capped by Jason Terry’s game-winner with .2 seconds remaining. Dirk had 34 points and 9 rebounds, and Jason Terry scored 22 off the bench for the Mavs, who move into a tie with the Hornets for #6 and remain a game up on the Jazz. Mike Miller had 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists for the Wolves.

Suckramento gave the Nuggets a run for their money. They closed within 1 late in the third quarter, but Enver steamrolled the poor Kings from that point on. The victory gives the Nuggets the Northwest Division crown and a top 3 seed. They can clinch the #2 seed with a win in Portland or a Rocket loss in Dallas. Carmelo had 21 points, 9 rebounds, and 9 assists, and J.R. Smith scored 45 off the bench for the Nuggets. Ike Diogu had 32 points and 11 rebounds for Suckramento, who comes up short. Again. With their loss tonight the Kings clinch the worst record in the NBA.

The Jazz have been reeling, but the NBA schedule makers gave them the perfect tonic: a visit by the Clippers. Utah took full advantage and massacred the JV team from LA. We’ll see what they can do against the Lakers in LA tomorrow. A loss gives them the #8 seed. Deron Williams played 2 days after injuring his ribs. He had 17 points and 9 assists but shot just 3-11. Carols Boozer put up 20 points and 13 rebounds, and Paul Milsap added 19 points and 11 boards for the Jazz. No scoreboard highlights for the Clippers because they’re not a real NBA team.

The Blazers aren’t winning the Northwest division this year, but they certainly want home court advantage. They are on the verge of clinching it after they annihilated the visiting Thieves. That’s 9 wins in their last 10 games for the Blazers, who can guarantee themselves home court in the first round with a win over the Nuggets in Portland on Wednesday. Greg Oden had 16 points and 9 rebounds, and Brandon Roy scored 20 for the Blazers. Russell Westbrook had 15 points and 7 assists for the Thieves.

The Spurs hadn’t been looking too good on back-to-backs, but they got their groove back playing in GolXen State as they hammered the short-handed Warriors. The Spurs were up by 30 after 3 and got to rest all of their starters. Timmy finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds, and Drew Gooden had 20 points and 15 boards for the Spurs.

Magic Numbers #2 - #5
2 Nuggets: @Blazers

With a win @Blazers
Nuggets are #2

With a loss @Blazers
Nuggets are #2 with a Rocket loss
Nuggets are #3 with a Rocket win

4 Blazers: Nuggets

With a win against Nuggets
Blazers are #3 with a Rocket loss AND a Spur loss
Blazers are #4 with a Rocket win
Blazers are #4 with a Spur win

With a loss against Nuggets
Blazers are #4 with a Spur loss
Blazers are #5 with a Spur win

5 Spurs: Hornets

With a win against Hornets
Spurs are #3 and Southwest champ with a Rocket loss
Spurs are #4 with a Rocket win AND a Blazer loss
Spurs are #5 with a Rocket win AND a Blazer win

With a loss against Hornets
Spurs are #5

Magic Numbers #6 - #8
6 Hornets: @Spurs

With a win @Spurs
Hornets are #6

With a loss @Spurs
Hornets are #6 with a Mav loss AND a Jazz loss
Hornets are #7 with a Mav win AND a Jazz loss
Hornets are #7 with a Mav loss AND a Jazz win
Hornets are #8 with a Mav win AND a Jazz win

7 Mavs: Rockets

With a win against Rockets
Mavs are #6 with a Hornet loss
Mavs are #7 with a Hornet win

With a loss against Rockets
Mavs are #7 with a Jazz loss
Mavs are #8 with a Jazz win

8 Jazz: @Lakers

With a win @Lakers
Jazz are #6 with a Mav loss AND a Hornet loss
Jazz are #7 with a Mav win AND a Hornet loss
Jazz are #7 with a Mav loss AND a Hornet win
Jazz are #8 with a Mav win AND a Hornet win

With a loss @Lakers
Jazz are #8

The Lakers have nothing to play for but pride tomorrow night when they host the Jazz. With a win they will face Utah in Round 1, but even if the Jazz win, the Lakers could still face them. I think Phil will play his starters to get them acclimated to playing with Bynum and also to send a message to the Jazz that they are not afraid of Utah. I like the Lakers big in this game, especially with the way the Jazz having been playing lately (not counting the Clippers game, because once again they’re not a real team). It would certainly be nice to see the Jazz #8 and out of our bracket.

On tap for Tuesday: Jazz at Lakers
Jazz at Lakers play tonight at 10:30 EST. Jazz will be fighting for their lives.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
You must be out of your mind.

Straight out of Pistol Pete's career stats.

Assists per game: 5.4
PPG : 24.2

His all times points: 15k

You really think Dwyane Wade won't finish WAY over Pete? Just because they're "old school" doesn't mean anything. <_<

Speaking of the west, for the LAL to be ahead of 2nd place by over 10 games is just simply amazing. Again, in the west.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
You must be out of your mind.

Straight out of Pistol Pete's career stats.

Assists per game: 5.4
PPG : 24.2

His all times points: 15k

You really think Dwyane Wade won't finish WAY over Pete? Just because they're "old school" doesn't mean anything. <_<
He also retired due to injury at 31 or 32, so those total points probably would have been higher.

I saw a documentary where they were talking about Maravich and saying how in college, he would have averaged 57 points per game if they actually had three point shots. Pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, current NBA... I just wish the season would end. It's no fun being a Kings fan these days.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I just looked up his 3PFG%, it is a scary number:
.667%

Although I still need to see his 3PFGA's.

A King's fan? You know, Kevin Martin's one of the best players that nobody knows about outside of Sacramento.

Top Bottom