• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NBA: Draft Night!

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I forget which site did it, but they already have the odds for next years championship up. The ones i can remember are
Cavs 4/1
Lakers 3/1
Celtics 11/1(?)
Magic 6/1
First two are right, i know. If i can find it again, I'll edit on some other teams

Edit: That's with rosters as they are now

Smash Master
Rockets are going to be so legit with McGrady and Yao back, although they need a backup center.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
I found myself actually cheering for the Lakers, despite claiming to hate them all my life...

Next year's finals: Timberwolves vs. Clippers. Definitely.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I firmly believe the Rockets do much better with McGrady on the bench. They need to get rid of him and bring in some one else to the team that can rebound and assist instead of just putting up 20 a night.

That said, they still destroy the Grizzlies :(

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Um, McGrady isn't that kind of player anymore(just a scorer). The only reason T-Mac's drawn such a bad reputation is because he gets paid too much for being on the bench injured. An unproductive cash cow is a liability to ANY team. :)

If he gets back in the line up, how would it be?
C Ming
PF Scola
SF Artest
SG T-Mac
PG Brooks.

That, with the assumption that T-Mac's healthy is a scary team to face, especially under the Rockets' couching staff.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Um, McGrady isn't that kind of player anymore(just a scorer). The only reason T-Mac's drawn such a bad reputation is because he gets paid too much for being on the bench injured. An unproductive cash cow is a liability to ANY team. :)

If he gets back in the line up, how would it be?
C Ming
PF Scola
SF Artest
SG T-Mac
PG Brooks.

That, with the assumption that T-Mac's healthy is a scary team to face, especially under the Rockets' couching staff.
McGrady is in dire need of a second wind. With that being said, I believe he should be traded. If the salary cap allows it, I think he'd be pure awesomeness teaming up with Vince Carter and the Nets. Hmmmm...maybe even Chris Paul and the Hornets.

I soooo want my man to get a ring.

Oh and has anybody heard rumors that immediately after Kobe and company won the championship, there has been talk that Shaq and Lebron could be working together in Cleveland. If that's true, then they definitely insured there spot in the Finals next year.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I have heard that Cleveland is talking with Phoenix about acquiring Shaq. Don't know if it will pan out, though.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I have heard that Cleveland is talking with Phoenix about acquiring Shaq. Don't know if it will pan out, though.
Third time is a charm. I say that because after Shaq helped get Dwayne Wade and Bryant NBA Championship rings, they criticized how he was unproductive with certain "kinks" in his game during press conferences. (free throws)

I don't think that will happen this time. King James takes games seriously, but not as serious as those two superstars.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I agree with you Shade, T-Mac with the Hornets would be quite the combo. He could really benefit from Chris Paul's high basketball IQ when it comes to creating plays on the fly, meaning he wouldn't need to create his own play nor create for his team mates.

The Shaq-Lebron union will probably take place, as well as talks for acquiring Jason Kidd. Kidd as a back up with Williams as starting point guard? ****!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I HATE the lakers. :mad:

Whatever. The celtics would have beat them again if they had Garnett.

Speaking of Shaq, how many years do you all think he has left?

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
I HATE the lakers. :mad:

Whatever. The celtics would have beat them again if they had Garnett.

Speaking of Shaq, how many years do you all think he has left?

Isn't he retired now? o wait nvm he said that this all star game would be his last.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah, he had a great season this year.

Per-Game stats
17.8 Points
8.4 Rebounds
1.4 Blocks
60.9% Field Goal percentage

But yeah, I'm guessing he'll play for maybe two more years. Or possibly he'll play until he gets into the playoffs again.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I was very disappointed in the Celtics.

The Lakers have got to be the most overrated NBA team ever. Kobe ain't a Jordan, yet they worship him like he is a god. "Black Mamba" my azz. Everyone keeps saying he did "extraordinary" without his boyfriend Shaq being on the court, but it wasn't much of an improvement without him in my opinion.

Sorry. I was pretty pissed that night. lol

BEHR

Smash Hero
I want the Rockets to stay Healthy so bad.

I kinda want them to keep T-Mac I mean if you are in a close game down points and you are going to give the ball to Mac he will score and win the game for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY&feature=PlayList&p=BFEF23D48C459A3E&index=0&playnext=1

Like this. ^^^^

I dont mind if they trade him I do think we need a passer tho maybe Nash but that is Phoenixs Franchise player.

Did anyone else read that article of how Cleavland owners want Yao?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I was very disappointed in the Celtics.

The Lakers have got to be the most overrated NBA team ever. Kobe ain't a Jordan, yet they worship him like he is a god. "Black Mamba" my azz. Everyone keeps saying he did "extraordinary" without his boyfriend Shaq being on the court, but it wasn't much of an improvement without him in my opinion.

Sorry. I was pretty pissed that night. lol
*applause*

Yeah, celts w/ Garnett would be unstoppable.

And @BEHR yeah T-Mac is a good scorer but a great scorer who gets hurt all the time is no good for the team. I suppose it depends on what price he's going to be asking for when his contract expires. :ohwell:

But hey, Battier and Artest can score as well. Heck, they're the ones who kept them competitive in the lakers series. (Which, by the way, proves the point me and Heartz are making by saying the lakers are overrated. That's part of the reason I hate the lakers, not only am a celts fan, but the lakers get all the media attention. They lose the championship and the announcers are all like "Oh, they didn't have Bynum! Poor lakers!" And then they come back next year with Bynum, and he averages, what, 4 points a game?! But, oh, now it's the lakers, so the announcers suddenly start talking about how wonderful the lakers are, and ignoring the fact that the celts are without Garnett who, aside from being a great scoring, rebounding, and defensive force, is the team's emotional leader.) *stops ranting*

Ahem, my apologies. Just thought I'd throw that out there and see what people make of it.

Smash Master
I hate the lakers too. They're prolly the most talanted ball club in the league given the injuries to the other contenders, but they didn't even play like they wanted it. Losing twice to a team missing its all-star center, it's backup center, and it's primary offensive weapon is embarrassing.

That was pretty shocking how Mutombo retired.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
It's official: Shaq's a Cavalier.

Good luck, Eastern Conference.
Hmm, considering they traded Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace, it's a pretty good move by the cavs.

HOWEVER... (time to rant on my second least favorite team, the cavs)

Mike Brown's coaching philosophy: GET THE BALL TO LEBRON NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

Now, Lebron loves to drive to the basket, get hacked, and hopefully get the shot for a 3 point play. Mike Brown loves to get the ball to Lebron. What are the other players for? Rebounds. Rebounds, and hopefully a bit of defense. I don't think the cavs will be involving Shaq as much as they should. And I don't think Shaq will like being a rebounding slave.

Now, that said, I expect Cleveland to remain a top team in the east coast. But I don't expect them to be able to get past the celtics in the playoffs, provided that both teams are healthy.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Oh shoot. For real? This'll be an interesting next season.
Yes, it should be very interesting. I'm curious as to whether Mike Brown will continue to revolve his offense around Lebron or if he'll share it more now that the Cavs have another legitimately good player on the team.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
With all these trade talks swirling, especially with the power houses in the EC Im really looking forward to next season lol.

But really the Cavs got Shaq for next to nothing. Pavlovic gave them nothing last year and Wallace isnt what he used to be when he was in Detroit. Its not like they got rid of Williams,West, or Verajo. Just added Shaq. lol

Im watching ESPNews right now and there talking about the Nets sending VC to Orlando. And Ive also heard about the Celtics getting rid of Rondo and Allen...but Im not sure why they'd get rid if Rondo especially after he played so well for them in the playoffs. If all these changes go dwn it'll definitly be interesting next year

Lmao it really sucks being a Knicks fan, all I can hope for right now is picking up Steph Curry later tonight

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Now if the Cavs manage to land Kidd, they're set for the finals.

Heartz and KrazyGlue, you two are just a bunch of Kobe haters:-p. While I don't worship him, I will admit that in terms of creating plays and making it happen, he is the best in the league right now. I'm a Wade worshiper, just to clarify.

Is Kobe better than Jordan? Na, only Jordan can do this and this.:)

"Unbelievable, except- that it's MJ."

Nike.

Smash Hero
The draft is so boringggggggggggg. Where are the trades?!? Stern needs to throw us some candy before he reads the next pic

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Carter trade was interesting, he's getting kinda old, it'll be interesting to see if the Magic benefit from it. I would've kept Alston.

Boring draft is boring.

Jonny Flynn is great glad he got picked fairly early.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Now if the Cavs manage to land Kidd, they're set for the finals.

Heartz and KrazyGlue, you two are just a bunch of Kobe haters:-p. While I don't worship him, I will admit that in terms of creating plays and making it happen, he is the best in the league right now. I'm a Wade worshiper, just to clarify.

Is Kobe better than Jordan? Na, only Jordan can do this and this.:)

"Unbelievable, except- that it's MJ."
I never said I didn't think Kobe is great. Of course he's great. I'm just saying the media loves the lakers way too much.

Anyways, all the first round draft picks are on ESPN now. :)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yes, I am a Kobe hater as well. But I still acknowledge that he's a great player. That said, people are still able to overrate him. Is he a great shooter? Why, yes, yes he is. Is he great at anything else? Well... no, not really.

I'd be interested to see if someone can come up with something else that Kobe is great at, other than being a shooter and a crowd pleaser. Now, keep in mind that I acknowledged his skill, so don't flame me and claim that I said he sucks. ;)

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
well the Spurs get Richard Jefferson, but does anybody here now if they are getting anybody else? And I heard that Michael Finley is a free agent

Top Bottom