• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I might go paintballing tomorrow if i get in contact with my friend i could go do that.

vZakat

Half Genie
The past 4 pages or so has had nothing to do with locating or playing smash with people. Just tech skill bragging and random gibberish.

vZakat

Half Genie
I don't care really. just felt like pointing it out. My post was probably more spam than y'all's were. *shrugs*

So how about that smash bros. game. I hear that's pretty fun.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Sir, the previous iteration got locked because there were 7 straight pages of censor dodging and generally inappropriate conversation for a forum in which a 6 year old could read.

I don't actually believe that, but that is the general consensus.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think we're fine. Mike G will let us know when we've overstepped our boundaries(as seen in the PR thread =p). Until then, it's nothing to worry about(though talking about lighting it up in every first post BEHR makes in this thread is kinda unnecessary lol).

wow zio, just wow

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...good **** wilmington bro's.

you guys made me realize how much better i've gotten over the last 2 months.

spoon - don't be mindless tech skill. if i see you wavedashdancingfox**** in a corner when i respawn, i will always just float over there and forward air you...and you will die. work on that, and you'll start wrecking me again...

red - keep getting better man. its kind of weird how i four stocked you, 2 stocked you, and then you beat me and almost never looked back. good stuff adapting to the power of ganon. i'll get you next time tho

spect0r - keep spacin those bairs man. but don't forget to retreat afterwards, i think i was getting you a lot on the way back in, so i guess work on that?

to the rest that were there: good stuff, lets do that again.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
there's a fine line between marijuana and heroin
that's unrelated to the main point of this post however
who wants to smash with me some time in the future?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
there is but I try to give you guys some leeway like Dogy does.

But please continue <3

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Give them an inch, and they will take a yard.

Don't be too lax, Homebro.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace

spoon - don't be mindless tech skill. if i see you wavedashdancingfox**** in a corner when i respawn, i will always just float over there and forward air you...and you will die. work on that, and you'll start wrecking me again...

red - keep getting better man. its kind of weird how i four stocked you, 2 stocked you, and then you beat me and almost never looked back. good stuff adapting to the power of ganon. i'll get you next time tho

spect0r - keep spacin those bairs man. but don't forget to retreat afterwards, i think i was getting you a lot on the way back in, so i guess work on that?

Yeah dude, but you still won a few games inbetween. If you know how much you've improved since October, make sure to keep improving just as fast. Don't ever slow down, bro. I'll tell Spoon and Steve you posted this so they don't miss it :p

That Kobe, man.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Thanks for coming over Alex. Opened my eyes to how much I really need to improve in order to keep up. But I did get a few shine-bairs and you didn't even attempt one =P

Spoon

Smash Journeyman

Appreciate it, and no johns but I was hardly thinking in those last matches, I toldja I was tired. haha

thanks tho, ggs :) I hope to get better soon

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*chuckles* if i were to actually keep getting better at the rate i'm going right now, HERB3 would be a very interesting tournament for me haha.

yeah, it's pretty funny when i realize to think. you'll just hear me lol and say "spacing! i forgot that existed..." and then you'll see me spam fair/bair in place or something. once i start doing that on autopilot, (along with waveland ftilts that i'm sure your fox would just looove), i'ma really be a force to be reckoned with.

that Doc Kobe...idc how big the hitbox is; that fist is HUGE!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero

spoon - don't be mindless tech skill. if i see you wavedashdancingfox**** in a corner when i respawn, i will always just assrape over there and forward air you...and you will die. work on that, and you'll start wrecking me again...

my bad cam. good catch.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
The fist is huge like that as a throwback to Super Mario RPG on the SNES, where some of the 'glove' weapons that you equipped on Mario would make his fist grow huge when he punched. I don't think the hitbox extends that far out, though. When I space it, I hit near the edge of his fist, but it's not like Ganon's. I have to experiment with that, though.
Or perhaps somebody can just find me a resource that has that info.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I would also be interested in seeing some hitbox data for Doc's fair. I generally do not like to space with Fair, much preferring Nair or Bair, depending on the matchup, but I could just not be doing it right. I generally get punished no matter how hard I try to space it right.

But I suck.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Fair ***** Jiggs.
and other floaties, too, probably

It is a slow attack, though, so you not only have to space it, you have to compensate for it's lengthy start-up time. Basically you have to combo into it, or use it to punish if you're fast enough. It works pretty well out of uthrow and dthrow.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know about it's use as a throw follow up, but then again, that's not really spacing Fair, that's... combo'ing with it.

Neither is using it as a punish (what is slow enough that you can use Fair as a punish anyway, out of curiousity... a missed Ganon L-cancel? Lol)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I dare any Doc to land a Kobe on a good Jiggz. Not going to happen. It isn't even guaranteed out of a down-throw past 3X-4X Percent and won't even kill at that percent.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I would also be interested in seeing some hitbox data for Doc's fair. I generally do not like to space with Fair, much preferring Nair or Bair, depending on the matchup, but I could just not be doing it right. I generally get punished no matter how hard I try to space it right.

But I suck.
same for me. I generally try avoid fair as much as I can while spacing. its too slow of a start up to really risk it for me.

Hypn0tic_Specter

Smash Rookie
I dare any Doc to land a Kobe on a good Jiggz. Not going to happen. It isn't even guaranteed out of a down-throw past 3X-4X Percent and won't even kill at that percent.
T_T

At any rate, great stuff all around today guys. I say we take advantage of this lovely break we all have and do this again soon. Speaking of which, my bday's next week and I suggest we play some then. :D

Spacing is something I've been working on for a while but still haven't quite perfected. Something Slasher pointed out to me that REALLY needs work is my execution. If I land a hit, I usually don't follow up properly and combo, rack up damage, kill, rest (kill), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom