• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Bl@ck chris. I got a new number. I guess I haven't txted you yet. but I need my itch stick back. i think im gonna buy another cube since PP got my old one.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
thinking more about this game, i feel like you can divide the entire cast in character classes. It's weird.

Like, we already established the space animals/space manimals/spacies class years ago, which is Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon. This class specializes in pressuring the opponent. They have fast falling speed, fast attack speed and fast running speed(Falco makes up for not having fast running speed by having a laser that controls YOUR movement though). Thier fall speed is a double-edged sword because while it aids thier pressure, it also makes them susceptible to chaingrabs and silly loops that other characters don't get hit by. however, you're usually trying to find a way out of thier schenanigans so it's hard to really get anything started.

Then there is also the princess character class, which is Marth, peach, Sheik(kinda) and Zelda. They typically are floaty, have really good hitboxes and have really strong defensive games. they're also really easy to powershield with(at least for me anyways).

what other character classes would there be in this game?

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
****ing sweet, i was worried you wouldn't be down dave, since you were just there..i think lolll uhh. andd yeah i could use a ride if we do go to raleigh (though i have no idea about a venue, i was really hoping maybe john wittle would want to smash if he wasn't busy ****** n1ggers or something) and so could dop, since he's gonna be with me tomorrow. that cool?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ganon prob does better vs marth, IC's, the marios, the links, and a few more. Falcon is debatable and many are close. Pika is better vs spacies which is huge. And yeah ganon prob beats pika, but you don't want to get caught above her lol
All I know is when the Pika boards put out a list of his matchups it had Pikachu like 65/35 with both spacies and I wtf'd. They know things we don't I guess XD

party at karn's?

lol

well ace has to go to chapel hill so that sucks cuz i'm sure we could find a place in raleigh that could fit a bunch of peeps

i guess my ideal of having a decently large smashfest isn't realistic this weekend ;((
aahahahahahaha you're so gay

Bl@ck chris. I got a new number. I guess I haven't txted you yet. but I need my itch stick back. i think im gonna buy another cube since PP got my old one.
oh yeahhhhh that's why I have one of those extra cubes....want it back?

Ewww.. creepy.
LOOOOOOOOOL

also @ your other comment: We were talking about Ganon and Pikachu vs Sheik not each other haha.

thinking more about this game, i feel like you can divide the entire cast in character classes. It's weird.

Like, we already established the space animals/space manimals/spacies class years ago, which is Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon. This class specializes in pressuring the opponent. They have fast falling speed, fast attack speed and fast running speed(Falco makes up for not having fast running speed by having a laser that controls YOUR movement though). Thier fall speed is a double-edged sword because while it aids thier pressure, it also makes them susceptible to chaingrabs and silly loops that other characters don't get hit by. however, you're usually trying to find a way out of thier schenanigans so it's hard to really get anything started.

Then there is also the princess character class, which is Marth, peach, Sheik(kinda) and Zelda. They typically are floaty, have really good hitboxes and have really strong defensive games. they're also really easy to powershield with(at least for me anyways).

what other character classes would there be in this game?
Falcon is kinda bad at pressuring LOL. He's just fast and waits for mistakes which is very indirect pressure in my opinion.

I would rather group pikachu fox and falcon into a speed class since they pretty much rely on their movement speed to disorient and off-balance their opponents.

Ganon and(to a lesser extent) Marth are spacing-oriented characters with strong edgeguard games.

Peach and Puff tend to play trading/few hit combo games or get a huge kill out of nowhere(stitch/rest).

There's probably more but I dunno lol.

plur: the "WAH!!" class is Mario, Dr. Mario, and Luigi
WOO power is exclusive to mario and doc as coined by me and dotpwn in 07. It comes from mario's nose!

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
indirect pressure is still pressure nonetheless. just because he's not ragaflaga-ing your sheild, that doesn't mean he's not pressuring you. he's still free to punish you while dash-dancing from half a screen away because he can close gaps really well.

goddamn this dang phone. i hate touch screens making me post posts before i'm actually ready to post the post.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
In that sense Marth gets grouped in there as well at the very least because of his indirect pressure with his DD and especially with his ability to threaten with his range(no one does this anymore abut through my studies and discussion with older players I found it exists).

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
@PP: <33333333333333

ur gay though and so is dotpwn

obv

EDIT:

SOMEONE IN RALEIGH HOST A SMASHFEST TOMORROW

lord karn

Smash Master
We're still deciding if it is going to be in CH or in Raleigh. If it's at my place I can only have like 4-5 people, most likely.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
PP. if I got my cube back then I would most DEF start playing in tournies again. If you can give it 2 black chris then that would be awesome. you can keep the other controller i guess... i got my itch stick

D-shep --> that's me --> misses his none l-canceling falco

speaking of that me and knorr played some hard core melee last night. I just might pick up his DK but he don't want 2 teach me the ways of Jungle Japes. oh well.

Top Bottom