• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol kev with that confidence. He wants that belt

:phone:
I want that belt bad dude lol.

I'm only really worried about Mango and Armada though. Mango moreso.

I think Pika's going to be getting more random uairs on Doc than Doc will be getting grabs on Pika, and Pika can do more damage out of uair than just another uair. Dair hurts, as do bair and nair. Nair also combos into itself, as well as usmash. Speaking of usmash, iirc, Pika's has head invincibility, which is really useful against mostly aerial characters like Doc.

On the other side of the coin, Doc has better zoning in the match-up than Pika, since Cape makes t-jolt risky, and pills plus bair controls space better than any of Pikachu's moves. Pika is forced to approach with nairs (although that's not so bad, really). I guess a Doc that's waiting for it can cc dsmash. Cape also forces Pikachu to be more careful while edgeguarding. But then, edgeguarding Doc is like shooting fish in a barrel anyway.

All in all, saying Doc destroys Pikachu might be pushing it. Doc has the advantage from a neutral position, but he definitely can't be sleeping on the electric rat, because a careful enough Pika will break in and steal all his meds.
I'll get you later

he uses that "my character is amazing, and if idk what to do, i'll spam my bair cause it's stupid good"
Wtf no dude Dair. Dairrrrr

Darn Peaches and their dislike of Bairs.

ummm

when's genesis?
15th-17th

Falcos bair ain't even that good... na im lyin, his bair is super broke. I remember a long time ago this falco player reik didn't know how to fight jiggs so all he did was stand in place and spam bairs on japes back when spacies had real cp stages and he won. It was pretty funny.

LOL I used to loooove Reik videos. That guy was legit.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, even i was bout to say, you do well against characters that have even or better matchups for ganon.

i do alright in good matchups too lol. i mean what real ganon main is gonna be like "yo, that DK matchup...i tear up great foxes, but once they go DK, idk what to dooooo"? characters worse than falcon don't have the speed or hitboxes to deal with ganon lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
playing DK vs ganon? that doesn't seem fun at all lol. that matchup seems so horrible lol. there aren't a lot of characters that act as combo food for ganon, but DK is one of them.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
maybe two of them. but if ganon's getting grabbed by DK's grab range then...that ganon will probably lose due to plenty of other things lol.

ganon grabbing DK just makes it horrible. first a cg at low percent, and then he can probably dthrow uair fair and just...yeah i can't imagine playing DK vs a ganon main.

ganon is scary =/

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
You do realize that that has nothing to do with your style, and it's just because you're like the best active Ganon main, right?

I disagree.. I think it's clear when you compare kage and linguini that their different styles allow them to excel in different areas/MUs. Also, I think those two are pretty darn close in over-all skill level.

playing DK vs ganon? that doesn't seem fun at all lol. that matchup seems so horrible lol. there aren't a lot of characters that act as combo food for ganon, but DK is one of them.
Next time you get the chance to do so, get some matches in w/ rockcrock's DK. I think he plays the MU very well..

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya but Ganon vs DK is actually pretty even.. 55-45 for Ganon. It's tough fighting a really good DK.

And your own style actually affects a lot of personal matchups or preference. It's definitely possible that you might be good vs every Falco but you suck vs anyone else.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i almost lost at work to the third utilt.

lol dj.

edit: yeah, i remember that too though, kevin. you were definitely like "lol doc i have lasers and bair gg"

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Kevin, I def remember a post about Falco vs Doc an you saying vs Shroomed you just tried to play the better character card all match, specifically mentioning taking advantage of bair and using it a lot

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i almost lost at work to the third utilt.

lol dj.

edit: yeah, i remember that too though, kevin. you were definitely like "lol doc i have lasers and bair gg"
^^^^^^

selective memory havin falco main even!
Kevin, I def remember a post about Falco vs Doc an you saying vs Shroomed you just tried to play the better character card all match, specifically mentioning taking advantage of bair and using it a lot

Yeah I'm almost positive I said Bair back then. I think Bair is great vs low tiers too but Dair ***** them harder. I just said stuff differently back then for some reason.

I'll go watch vs Shroomed later and see what I abused more I suppose lmao. I just know when I ask older players stuff about low tier matchups they all say "spam Dair. X character can't beat it."

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm concerned about Hbox as well but not as much. He could definitely beat me if I sleep on him but I'm taking this tournament seriously.

Dop

Smash Journeyman
also is anything going on tonight cause i got nothin but more samurai 7 in my future as of now

well... that and you know what ;)
yeah im lookin at you

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Sheik is fun, makes me think about starting combos more since comboing itself is fairly simple, though I still suck and somehow keep getting ftilt and dash attack mixed up, and I cant pivot very well, and I keep unintentionally fsmashing and rolling among other things. I also need to not DI in vs Falcon... I hate losing to Falcon

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I started playing Ylink because he reminds ALOT of a touhou character. His projectile zoning is super strong and I felt pretty strong at using his projectiles to limit the area that characters can go against him but I suck at capitalizing on my indirect pressure.

Melee was fun today.

Top Bottom