• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Wanted to post a thread on this, but I donno if it's acceptable, really want to make this event a success as I love the guys who run the shop and the tourney.

Bloodline Champions tourney in Raleigh two weeks from Sat.

Everyone should attend this, its free entry, lots of fun, and me and Ben (Omni) won 250$ in the last one. (2 video cards that we sold)

I want a good attendence so he keeps hosting these, the game is actually quite good and the store is really nice.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141498989249040

THE KEY WORD IS IT'S FREE ENTRY, AND TOP THREE TEAMS WILL MAKE AT LEAST 100$

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Technically, bathing once a day gets rid of the layer of dead skin that protects the living skin from the elements, and can potentially move helpful bacteria from body parts where it does us good to places where it is unhealthy.

In otherwords, bathing every other day is usually more healthy than bathing daily. And bathing with anti-bacterial soap is usually a bad idea.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I'd counter argue that wide spread not bathing or bathing less would lead to a bacterially dirtier society. If everyone was consistently dirtier, then public places would be as well. Public places tend to be dirty enough on their own, could you imagine if every body part that came in contact with them had not been really washed in several days (or longer)? Bathing is vital for removing sweat/dirt from parts of our bodies which, when unwashed, become serious breeding grounds of bacteria.

In other news, I fully agree, Alex is an elf.

DJRome

Smash Hero
actually i just read an article a few days ago that says basically all of the relevant bacteria are not really affected by showers. showers generally serve to move bacteria around from the tub to your hands, legs, and head while making you smell better. in fact often surgeons are not allowed to shower before operations for fear of getting foreign bacteria that could spread during surgery

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
actually i just read an article a few days ago that says basically all of the relevant bacteria are not really affected by showers. showers generally serve to move bacteria around from the tub to your hands, legs, and head while making you smell better. in fact often surgeons are not allowed to shower before operations for fear of getting foreign bacteria that could spread during surgery
no

i will not fall for this again

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Any of you guys have more info on the Animazement tournament, like is it on saturday at noon, or what? Who's all planning on going to it? Can I play Dr. PeePee in melee there?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It may not even be a tournament, we're not sure lol. Regardless, setups will definitely be there.

And yeah man, you'll almost certainly see me there and we can play Melee. =)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Getting asked to take on a leadership role after showing up to work four hours late like a boss.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd counter argue that wide spread not bathing or bathing less would lead to a bacterially dirtier society. If everyone was consistently dirtier, then public places would be as well. Public places tend to be dirty enough on their own, could you imagine if every body part that came in contact with them had not been really washed in several days (or longer)? Bathing is vital for removing sweat/dirt from parts of our bodies which, when unwashed, become serious breeding grounds of bacteria.

In other news, I fully agree, Alex is an elf.
Bacteria really only breed in your pits. The armpits and groin are the primary locations. And if you don't bathe, they're astonishingly well-behaved about staying there. Sure if you rub your bare groin up against everything you see in your daily life, then not bathing would cause your groin bacteria to get everywhere; But seeing as how anyone who does that with a frequency even approaching once in a lifetime is usually arrested, I'm going to assume that this is not the norm.

The real concern is in two primary areas, and bathing really doesn't change either one. First of all is in your feet. The ground is pretty much *** dirty everywhere, even in a hospital. Usually, we have shoes to help that, but wearing shoes just makes the bacteria in your feet more grody. Bathing can help with keeping your feet from getting too funky, but ultimately, if you wear shoes, they stay dirty and they stay covered in the bacteria that's always on the ground.

Second is your hands. Your keyboard, your mouse, your video game controller and other such implements are all *** dirty all the time, so touching them pretty much ensures some kind of gross **** is getting on your hands. Worse off, when you piss or ****, your hands are usually down there doing something. So if you touch that and touch something else, you're getting your groin germs all over that other thing. But that's the beauty of it all: just because you're not showering doesn't mean you're not washing your hands with anti-bacterial soap after touching your naughty bits, or after working with your hands for extended periods.

Not bathing is really not as big a risk as you seem to be suggesting, Josh. Really, bathing too frequently can be just as, if not more, damaging. The biggest downside to skipping a day or two every week is you smell like a human.

God forbid.

what did you lead?
The closing shift each night is tasked with ensuring that the store is zoned (the products are pulled to the front of each shelf, and everything generally looks pretty), and that reshop is put back where it belongs. Usually, a manager coordinates this effort, but the manager who was scheduled tonight (a fat ***** that I have yet to hear of anyone in the store liking) called out (a frequent occurence). So when I showed up late, the executive who was in charge asked me if I wanted to lead the hardlines wave. My response:

DJRome

Smash Hero
no

i will not fall for this again
Bacteria really only breed in your pits. The armpits and groin are the primary locations. And if you don't bathe, they're astonishingly well-behaved about staying there. Sure if you rub your bare groin up against everything you see in your daily life, then not bathing would cause your groin bacteria to get everywhere; But seeing as how anyone who does that with a frequency even approaching once in a lifetime is usually arrested, I'm going to assume that this is not the norm.

The real concern is in two primary areas, and bathing really doesn't change either one. First of all is in your feet. The ground is pretty much *** dirty everywhere, even in a hospital. Usually, we have shoes to help that, but wearing shoes just makes the bacteria in your feet more grody. Bathing can help with keeping your feet from getting too funky, but ultimately, if you wear shoes, they stay dirty and they stay covered in the bacteria that's always on the ground.

Second is your hands. Your keyboard, your mouse, your video game controller and other such implements are all *** dirty all the time, so touching them pretty much ensures some kind of gross **** is getting on your hands. Worse off, when you piss or ****, your hands are usually down there doing something. So if you touch that and touch something else, you're getting your groin germs all over that other thing. But that's the beauty of it all: just because you're not showering doesn't mean you're not washing your hands with anti-bacterial soap after touching your naughty bits, or after working with your hands for extended periods.

Not bathing is really not as big a risk as you seem to be suggesting, Josh. Really, bathing too frequently can be just as, if not more, damaging. The biggest downside to skipping a day or two every week is you smell like a human.

God forbid.

The closing shift each night is tasked with ensuring that the store is zoned (the products are pulled to the front of each shelf, and everything generally looks pretty), and that reshop is put back where it belongs. Usually, a manager coordinates this effort, but the manager who was scheduled tonight (a fat ***** that I have yet to hear of anyone in the store liking) called out (a frequent occurence). So when I showed up late, the executive who was in charge asked me if I wanted to lead the hardlines wave. My response:
see *****

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Last time there was only one Melee set up.

"Can I play Dr. PeePee in Melee there" lmao oh the fans
Does the fact that I'd be spiting my entire state by even looking at him change your opinion. If you didn't read my stuff about mm v metroid, I'm obviously a huge troll.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ocean, can u change ur tag? I always think of the japanese ROB named ocean when I see u post now, and I know you'll never be that good at anything, so now every time I see your posts, I can't help but feel sorry for you =[

Top Bottom