• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol, fine, I'll explain the analogy. Melee is very impressive to watch, and high level competitive play tends to draw in people to want to play the game too. After playing it for an hour though, it should be blatantly obvious how difficult the game is at first attempt. It takes hours of dedication to learn the tech and apply it properly, then it takes a ton of work to learn the very complicated matchups. But it's very rewarding to do so and the end result is a **** experience.

B+ is bright, shiny, and relatively simple. It draws people in because it's relatively so much EASIER to control your character. You skip all of that tech skill grinding and matchup research (matchups in Brawl/+ are pretty lol compared to the ones in Melee), and get right to the actual game part. You don't forget how to play, there isn't much to remember, and it's just plain fun to play.

EDIT: Both are competitively viable because they include the fundamentals of all the Smash games, things like spacing, mindgames/prediction, approaching, DI, etc.
got it. XD I unno. I thought the average melee bias would be funny for another day but I guess not. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Gotta agree withya there, though... I wish we could get some texture hacks in Melee, but all I've seen are like, texture hacks for Mewtwo's eyes... plus, no SD card.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Really? Is anything on youtube or somewhere I can check it out?

EDIT: aahhh cool. nevermind youtube'd plenty. XD

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lee/Gardevoir has a lot of them, and will probably make more. They have music and some textures, but you can ask for normal ones. Ask him for price, I think he wants to sell them for a very reasonable price, probably like $5 or $10 or something.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can burn/sell discs, but you can only play them with a Wii and a hacked one with that. I can definitely provide the files and how to install them. Takes 10 minutes to set up even if you have no idea what you're doing. I just didn't know if people would actually want them.

(About the gamecube, it is possible to burn melee to those minidiscs that are used by them, but it would be much harder to modify your gamecube to play it. And, you know, actually find those minidiscs).

And <3 Akumadorf.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I just did a superwavedash to dropzone bair with samus.

am I phanna yet?

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
You guys, I currently hate hate HATE Smash Bros. Both Brawl AND Melee. wtf is wrong with me? :C

PLEASE CONVINCE ME I LIKE IT.

i think it might be because my hands are really cold, but i don't like this!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
STACK IT UP!

PP did some boss sh*t at ROM and this is my shoutout to everything NC.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
Did I just get... trolled? :laugh: No, that's not really the right word.

I dunno, I just haven't been feeling the whole video games thing lately. God, it's like I'm a real girl or something. I think it's because I started working at GameStop. I haven't played Smash since I started that job.

I did, however, clean my controller and put it back together, and I didn't hate playing as much today.

Controller johns? :S

Get hype for HERB, Mike Geeeeezy. We're gonna get on that Melee (when I stop being terrible at it)!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, lord. You got a job at gamestop? I had a job like that. I wanna say get a job elsewhere, but if that's all you can get, more power to you. JUST DON'T GET OVERWHELMED with the fact you gotta sell cards and whatnot.

Hope to see you at POUND!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ROFL if everyone would please refer to Ocean's sig

That is all.

Edit: that's not all. Please tell me someone here listened to Cam'ron back when he was known as Killa Cam (when he had his best rhymes imo... well I don't really like any of his new stuff so I'm biased hahah)

Top Bottom