• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
not to be rude but I'm not exactly sure if I met you before

I feel like I should have tho since you are in Maryland and NC...lol

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
commentary is for when you're at the venue. its for when you're watching the footage later. it adds humor (in the case of like snap, yay, waffles, etc) or depth (husband, wife, dogy, etc). there is never a reason to complain about commentary being there.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well as I've stated before thats not tradition in MD/VA

no stream no commentary...but we always have a stream because we have a pretty good amount in our brawl community

either way I see where you are coming from

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
oh here we go...

first off I really gotta get that O in my name to be small

second youtube=audience

however I find it quite difficult to bring hype thru commentary when I'm not doing it live in front of people (stream)

sure there are people at the venue watching but I would think you really wouldn't be listening to me that intently

I know when I'm at the venue and someone else is commentating on a match I am watching I'm not really listening to them while watching the match

@ragna...nvm then
please dont mind ocean, hes a melee troll.... thats bad at melee.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i dont judge keith lol.

well i kinda do

the only kind of people i really dont like are the extremely self-interested ones.
ocean def aint like that.

and keef u should stop taking **** so seriously man.... you'd prob feel better about life.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yall should have commentary.

but if possible, could it have depth? I'd like a way to understand what's going on in brawl and why people actually play it.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
yo. let me do commentary with some who knows about brawl.

i will say 0 bad things about brawl and only funny things that i observe to go along with the knowledgeable commentary of my partner.

i'd prefer stingers or like.... someone lol

I'D DO A GOOD JOB JUST GIMME A CHANCE BOSS

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i dont judge keith lol.

well i kinda do

the only kind of people i really dont like are the extremely self-interested ones.
ocean def aint like that.

and keef u should stop taking **** so seriously man.... you'd prob feel better about life.
The only thing on the board i take seriously is when someone dislikes me irl, and talks **** about me on the boards. Cause that is not trolling or playing around if the person legitimately does not like me. i have worked long and hard for a very long time to get the disapproval of melee players in this community ( except pp, plur, james,) I would appreciate it if you did not tell me how to live my life.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
The only thing on the board i take seriously is when someone dislikes me irl, and talks **** about me on the boards. Cause that is not trolling or playing around if the person legitimately does not like me. i have worked long and hard for a very long time to get the disapproval of melee players in this community ( except pp, plur, james,) I would appreciate it if you did not tell me how to live my life.

so...... you have a problem with ocean having a problem with you.... and in the same paragraph you talk about how that was your intention the whole time...

you're right, i shouldn't tell you how to live your life. no one should. keep brawlin'.

troll rankings:
1. Vyse0wnz
2. Mango
3. P
4. Dr Peepee
∞. Zeru ***get

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
i mean after reading what tkbro has to say I have to agree with Ocean. tk misspoke and was clearly trying to cover it up. good job to ocean to calling him out.

I still hate that b**** azz mother ****er sorry azz pos ocean though ;)

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol... keith. you should never really respond to me.

you lose before it begins. everytime. you're so see-through, all i do is laugh.

the best was when pp told me–––– *edit* lol nvm that's for... not the boards.......

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
suck my **** ZR! YOU AINT GOOD
this is exactly why Ocean should never be let out of the house. I honestly feel bad for him. I think he might get jumped one day.

this is not a threat.....

okay, maybe it is ;)

also, Rag, how long will you need it for. I got 4 copies but they are devoted to tourney play. I'm a little wary of lending one for a prolonged amount of time but if you just need it until a new copy arrives I could lend you one.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol... keith. you should never really respond to me.

you lose before it begins. everytime. you're so see-through, all i do is laugh.

the best was when pp told me–––– *edit* lol nvm that's for... not the boards.......
no you don't

or you would call me on it before i do it.

and i was not mad at ocean, i just disapprove of him calling someone he doesnt even know, stupid.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
or you would call me on it before i do it.
...........lmfaooooooooo. wow. he actually said it.... such an epic post for me.... cuz liek..... you dunno how many times i've just wanted to be like "and the next thing keith is gonna do is...." (AND I AM ****ING RIGHT 100+% of the time)...but i cant do that cuz then you wont do it, so i just watch my prediction come true and then hahaahaha all the way to rainbow cruise.

god****it i own you this is hilarious :laugh::laugh:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Keith, what's this **** I hear about you not entering?

If I'm entering this, then nobody else (who's going to be there and actually plays Brawl) has an excuse.

"My body is not ready?" Bull****

You're Keef da effin' Thief. Get your *** in the game and steal yourself some wins.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean I legit expected snap to say somethin witty when I posted the no audience thing... but then ocean had to be a ****...I wasn't covering up...there is a couple of videos that have commentary that weren't watched live...but like I said before...we don't do that in md...also no color im on my fone in traffic...I hate md

Foxy

Smash Master
Somewhat Important Announcement

Setups will definitely be kind of tough to get, especially to cover the attendance we might have, and I really don't want this tournament going late; especially due to the fact that a lot of people seem to be missing their brawl discs/have broken wii's/etcetera so that they can't bring a setup.

It's not much of an option, we pretty much NEED setups, I think Michael said the setups he bought for his tourney could be used here? If that isn't true then by no means will I force that but it would help if lent freely (and I'm going try to to figure out how to secure the wii's so we don't have to worry about theft as much, which equals more setups).

So what I'm doing about it is

Bring a Wii+Brawl = Free Brawl Singles entrance
Bring a TV = Free Brawl Lowtiers Singles entrance
(both of which are $5)

Some people might have mixed responses to that kind of offer, but we really really need the setups, and those people may be able to use that money to also enter another event that they wouldn't otherwise.

The drawback is a slightly smaller pot - with 30 people, the pot is $150, but with 30 people and 5 of them brought Wii's, the pot would be $125, and that makes the $25 lost split between the prizes as expected.

The OP lists my prize distribution for >20 players at 50/25/10/5/5/5, so for this scenario:

$150 pot (and what my standard adjustments would be)
1: $75.00 = $80.00
2: $37.50 = $40.00
3: $15.00 = $15.00
4: $7.50 = $5.00
5: $7.50 = $5.00
5: $7.50 = $5.00

$125 pot (from the free entrances for setups, assuming 5 out of 30)
1: $62.00 = $65.00
2: $31.25 = $32.00
3: $12.50 = $12.00
4: $6.25 = $5.00
5: $6.25 = $5.00
5: $6.25 = $5.00

So that's what the new prizes would look like in that scenario. But the free entrance offers for Wiis/TVs definitely stands! We need setups! Even if we by a stroke of luck had more than we needed for tournament rounds, there is a lot of interest in warm-up, friendlies, seriouslies, and practice for the next round, so they'd probably always be utilized.

Thanks for reading!

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well I can bring a Wii and Brawl but I have no Wiimote or Sensor bar but that can be fixed at te tourney Ill just have to borrow one haha

and I think im only doing teams so yeah. o uo

Kaila

MLG That Bracket Girl that makes cookies <font col
Wait Kaila where you at MLG DC?

I'm Pretty sure I saw you if you were cuz you woulda been the chick to sign me up for Dubz...but when I went to talk to you you looked kinda like "who the **** is this guy"

which totally caught me off guard so then I shyed up like a lil *****

sad tho cuz u was pretty cute

if that wasnt you then disregard all of this ^...lol
I tend to troll the **** out of people once midday Saturday hits, it was even earlier than usual this event because Friday was awwwwwful.

Uh, thanks? Dun be shy, kid. I love to flirt. ;)

Top Bottom