• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT Presents: Mango Juice - a MELEE Tournament (March 21, 2009) RESULTS posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
wow no shoutouts for me?

=(

looollll mango remember my shoutout to hugs for pound 3 hahahaha
Sorry Gimpy. I forgot you were from WA too. :( I still think of you as Socal. I just can't help it :p

no johns *****. a win is a win. if you're just gonna john about it right after then don't do the mm to begin with. the whole "omg i only try if it's tourny or $5 mms" is just a big pre-john, old school Fabian style, and you know it.
If that's the case, why didn't you MM me for 5 bucks? You knew it before you money matched me. I would have gladly accepted it. But then you asked for a 3$ MM and I figured, you just want to play me for the sake of learning the match up. And so I accepted it so I can help you. I thought you felt the same way about MM's but I guess I was wrong.

And trust me, I wouldn't have "johned" if it wasn't for your initial comment. If you truly believe that your Fox is good enough to beat me, then so be it. I guess your reaction is understandable, seeing as how you rarely beat me in our MM's anyway.

BTW, just so you know... if I 4 stock you on YS with Peach, then you know your fox doesn't stand a chance. Just saying.

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament. It was great seeing/meeting everyone. So many amazing players (*cough* jeff *cough*), I'm inspired to get good at melee now (someone sell me a cube!!)

I kinda wish we had gone to pats after, but we were just too exhuasted. Next time...

Oh, and mango don't forget about our MM in 64 i'll give you your extra stock :p

-Ross

Lovage

Smash Hero
edrees got his car broken into and stuff stolen ( i dont know much about this)

me, trebor, rey and brandon were walking to the gas station and at the gas station some guy started talking to zel a bunch. i didnt hear any of their conversation but the guy was talking to him like he was his friend and being all casual. we got our stuff and went outside, the guy was still talking to trebor. me, rey and brandon were standing waiting (brandon thought trebor was gonna get jumped LOL) trebor and the guy were by the guy's car. and at some point the guy asked trebor if he could borrow his phone, trebor complied and then the guy drove off with it (:

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
If that's the case, why didn't you MM me for 5 bucks?
Because you didn't have change for a $20... I told you, three bucks was all the dollar bills I had.

You knew it before you money matched me.
Stop projecting. I'm not psychic.

I figured, you just want to play me for the sake of learning the match up. And so I accepted it so I can help you. I thought you felt the same way about MM's but I guess I was wrong.
Sounds like johns and assumptions. I know the matchup -- in theory -- quite fine and dandy, but experience is something else entirely. The money match wasn't some super intense tournament set, but come off this whole "Oh man I can hold back because it's only three bucks!" You're not good enough to do that, as you just proved the other day. The johns of "I don't try my hardest in money matches under $5" only works if you always win those money matches under 5, because no one likes to give out free money.

I don't give my 100% all in mms $3 or under either, but I always make sure I end up with the W. That's why I gave you a chance to give you your money back, cause I was like, well, this time he'll have incentive to do just enough to win so he breaks even.

And trust me, I wouldn't have "johned" if it wasn't for your initial comment. If you truly believe that your Fox is good enough to beat me, then so be it. I guess your reaction is understandable, seeing as how you rarely beat me in our MM's anyway.
You should know by now I say **** like that just to needle you, because you need to be humbled. Saying some **** that implies you think you're on Lucky's level (assuming he's trying) is some "LMAO what a noob" type **** to everyone else considering you can't even break SoCal's weak *** PR, and I guarantee Lucky is thinking the same thing to himself when he reads your comment. He's just way too nice to ever let you know.

The people who always have to make sure everyone in the room knows they don't care just use that as a defense mechanism because they refuse to admit to themselves they're just not good enough. Your results, or lack thereof, speak for themselves, and I will keep rubbing them in your face until you change your ways or prove me wrong.

BTW, just so you know... if I 4 stock you on YS with Peach, then you know your fox doesn't stand a chance. Just saying.
And there you go again judging everything off your own perspective. Maybe I'm not comfortable with my tech skill on smaller stages and need a lot more space to be effective? (That is why I banned Fountain of Dreams and not Dreamland.) Or I could just as easily say, "When I beat you back-to-back on your favorite counterpick (Battlefield) with you camping the **** out of me, you know you lost fair and square."

Considering the fact you aren't even good enough to beat me, whether you're sandbagging or not (and LOL @ camping the **** out of me and then saying you're not trying -- maybe I would believe you if you were debuting that new "style" you've been talking about), is LOL worthy, because I picked up Fox two weeks ago. When I take your money twice, consecutively, a win is a win. Even if you don't believe it, you sound like a douche for coming out and saying it. Why not just shut your mouth and prove me wrong next time? That says a lot more than always johning everything.

And you should really stop believing that you can turn it up that much for higher stakes. No, this game just doesn't work like that, and you're not the only person who can adjust. And if you could, again, your results would prove it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
First of all great tournament, good job CHAMP and neal as well. thanks for everything!

To everyone: good seeing u guys again, norms was fun and melee is sooooooo fun haha.

So basically i got to my car and my window was smashed open. I'm going to make a list so if any of you see anyone with these items PLEASE let me know, I'm willing to pay you a lot of money if you find out who did it and tell me (If it's a smasher, which it probably isn't but just in case) If it's a Smasher I will make sure they can never go to another smash tournament for the rest of their life.

Stolen:

-Ipod video - please note that my IPOD video has a stained screen and this stain does NOT come off because of some weird thing happening when i spilled tea on it and didn't clean it. That means no matter how hard this person tries the stain won't come off, it makes it hard to see anything on the screen.

-DS Charger
-Gamecube controller
-5 $ worth of change and an ashtray container for my car
-Valkyrie Profile DS case
-A power converter that converts the lighter from your car into a plug/power supply
-DS Flash cart (cyclo ds-evolution)

It was probably just some punks from the neighborhood looking for something to gain because they DIDN"T steal my stereo deck and usually "pro thiefs" don't break anything because its loud, they just open it with a tool real quick.

Like I said I don't think its a smasher at all and i don't suspect anyone, but if it IS one and you know please let me know and you will be glad you did.

afsui

Smash Rookie
hey champ its joseph thanks for signing me up! =]
tourney was freakkinnn awesome. i remember when jeff was beasting and 4 stocked someone i forgot think its lucky.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Because you didn't have change for a $20... I told you, three bucks was all the dollar bills I had.
You could have asked me to wait while you asked someone else for change. I would have waited.

Stop projecting. I'm not psychic.
I've said it in my posts and I believe I've said it to you as well.

Sounds like johns and assumptions. I know the matchup -- in theory -- quite fine and dandy, but experience is something else entirely. The money match wasn't some super intense tournament set, but come off this whole "Oh man I can hold back because it's only three bucks!" You're not good enough to do that, as you just proved the other day. The johns of "I don't try my hardest in money matches under $5" only works if you always win those money matches under 5, because no one likes to give out free money.

I don't give my 100% all in mms $3 or under either, but I always make sure I end up with the W. That's why I gave you a chance to give you your money back, cause I was like, well, this time he'll have incentive to do just enough to win so he breaks even.
I'm pretty sure you've told me on aim something to the effect of:

"MM my fox, I need to learn the match-up."

And you don't play me enough. I know how to hold back/sandbag pretty **** well. You can ask Connor or Futile if you'd like. They know.

Also, 3$ is chump change. I don't mind losing three bucks just for the sake of helping you with the experience and match-up. And the only reason I even accepted it was because I told you beforehand that I would. I didn't want to pull a ***** move and refuse when you asked.

You should know by now I say **** like that just to needle you, because you need to be humbled. Saying some **** that implies you think you're on Lucky's level (assuming he's trying) is some "LMAO what a noob" type **** to everyone else considering you can't even break SoCal's weak *** PR, and I guarantee Lucky is thinking the same thing to himself when he reads your comment. He's just way too nice to ever let you know.
I honestly don't care about the PR considering it's highly skewed. You know that just as well as I do.

Also, I know I'm not even close to being at Lucky's level but my initial comment was about me beating him, not being as good as him. And the only reason I said that is because I play Lucky in almost all the tournaments and he always knocks me out of the bracket. Always. But every time I play him, I see progress. Every single time.

But you naturally blow my comment out of proportion and make it into something it's not.

And there you go again judging everything off your own perspective. Maybe I'm not comfortable with my tech skill on smaller stages and need a lot more space to be effective? (That is why I banned Fountain of Dreams and not Dreamland.) Or I could just as easily say, "When I beat you back-to-back on your favorite counterpick (Battlefield) with you camping the **** out of me, you know you lost fair and square."

Considering the fact you aren't even good enough to beat me, whether you're sandbagging or not (and LOL @ camping the **** out of me and then saying you're not trying -- maybe I would believe you if you were debuting that new "style" you've been talking about), is LOL worthy, because I picked up Fox two weeks ago. When I take your money twice, consecutively, a win is a win. Even if you don't believe it, you sound like a douche for coming out and saying it. Why not just shut your mouth and prove me wrong next time? That says a lot more than always johning everything.
LMAO @ me not being good enough to beat you.

And I didn't camp you/play gay until like the final stock of our final match on our second set when I said, "okay, I'm gonna play gay now." And if you think I was playing gay the whole time then wow... And believe it or not, I WAS actually trying many things I normally wouldn't/didn't do in tournament. Truth.

I guess this just shows how well you know my playstyle or how well you've "figured" me out LOL.

Oh btw, YS is probably my most disliked neutral and you getting 4 stocked is pretty bad...

@Edrees

None of this is flaming and should not receive an infraction.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
this tourney was funn

macd- don't congratulate me on beating you one match. I think that we are equal skill, and FD was a bad choice...

stabbedbyanipple- I will mm you in roy dittos(?) if you mm my fox

nealdt- lol hi (this is sherigami)

Lunin- It was nice to meet you and playing you pointed out some of my really stupid habits

Taj- get *****

TAI- I want to mm you againnn. God **** you were a jerk a few times.

brdy- :)

Pat- I want to play you mooorreeee. <33333333333333333

the OTHER sheridan- YOU stole MY name *****

I don't understand how I play gay though. I just grab and tech chase accordingly. That just seems like the best thing to do to me.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
-DS Flash cart (cyclo ds-evolution)
If you want, I can give you my extra Acekard 2. I know it doesn't exactly replace everything else, but at least it's something I guess. I was going to sell it otherwise.
I can sort of relate because about a week ago, my mom's car was broken into too, and they stole her credit cards and stuff.
So if you're interested, there it is. It's really no problem. I hate hearing that stuff like this happened...

I wish I had something to offer to Zel too, but I don't...I know it sucks though.

Noble-

Smash Ace
This tournament was awesome! :D

I want to thank these MOFO's FIRST!
Champ and Neal - Thanks for hosting an AWESOME TOURNAMENT! Perfectly run and FUN AS HELL!

Lovage, Atlus, Larry and Tofu - Although we didn't get to play I want to thank all of you first for all the times you came over to my house and played music counter-picks with me! :D

MaNg0 and LuCKy- I <3 you guys, every time I watch you guys play Fox I always learn and try to implement whatever it was into my game--albeit, not as effective. <3333333333

Alex19, Replicate, Phil, Connor and Eggz - I <3 watching all of you play! You guys each play with different styles and techniques, I learn a LOT just from watching you guys! :D

PockyD - Your Sheik is BEAST! And you're a quiet smasher like me! :DDD

Darrel - Mini Hugo FTW! Remember, don't play your Falcon on me! XD

Brandon - I hate and <3 your Falco! Too bad I didn't get to play your Doc...

Eric - Fox Ditto's ALL DAI SON!

Randell - DUDE, YOU LEARN HELLA FAST! GOOD ****! In no time you'll be a melee contender! Keep it up!

Hostility - Crazy Technical FALCO! <3

Falcomist - WE RAWK IN TEAMS! You taught me a couple things too! :D

Brady(BRDY) - Thanks for the Peach training! :D YOU ****!

Aftermath - **** your crazy technical Samus! :(

Toph - We didn't get to play, but you're chill! :D

EMAN - I want to thank you for the work your putting in to make the smash community known.

Vish - .....No more adderall for you!

Zhu - GOOD **** GETTING 2ND! You GOT 2nd IN MY HEART! <333333

Sheridan - We didn't get to play! T_T <3 you!

P - is a homie! LOL

Nashun - Your Kirby is LEGIT

J666 - <33

Nes - You're soo gay

Edrees - You'll be back in Shape in NO TIME

Romeo - ****N ****** THEM KIDS

Hugo - The rust is almost off! Keep at it!

Kira - DUDE YOU DID SOO WELL IN YOUR HARD *** POOL! GOOD ****!

Jenny - THANKS FOR TAKING THOSE PICTURES FOR ME! YOU'RE THE BEST! :D

Cathy - It was nice seeing you!

TAI - You ****!

The Not So SilentSpectre - You are always a crowd pleaser! It was fun talking to you about random ****!

Everyone else from WA I missed - <333 You guys are cool!

SoCal Melee Community - Embrace, Kouryuu, ROFL, Brendan, Sherigami, Sleepy, TheLifeRuiner, Festizzio, Plan 9 and PsychoMidget - I love you guys to DEATH! <33333333333

NorCal/DBR - SuperRad, Justin, Bob$, Germ, Boback, Zoap - <333

To anyone I forgot - <333333333333

Sorry to people who wanted to play me...I was too focused on watching and learning. T_T

MacD

Banned via Administration
Nor Cal

first i have to do you alan, i said i would- i'm sorry partner is ummmm... you know, we talked about it "is this the right tv? how do you know?"... alan: "what do you ban?" shroomed (faster than peach's jab) "what do you ban?" like really, alan, i mean he's good at the game, but teach him the other parts of teams k ;) but dude, it's always so fun to talk to you, can't wait till next time we go to the same tourny, oh and next time we need to do a giant peach dsmash, lol, my god we somehow have so much fun, oh and pink peach dittos

shroomed- fun playing you, i want to play you in tourny and see how that match goes

brandon- i guess i got better

phil- i wanna play you next time

rey- intense set, poke floats is ridiculous

other nor cal- i miss you guys i think, maybe, idk, nah, i'll go to a nor cal tourny over the summer and actually get to play you guys

WASHINGTON

eggz- you're so cool, nice of you to cheer me on after matchs

c1z- didn't play you much or anything but good stuff

vish- idk, you're cool, it was fun, idk what to say, lol

tof- dam, we ***** in teams, well not really but kinda, next time we'll do better, hopefully i can make it to washington and we'll team, good mm too, lol i was a ***** trying to get that $1 for you

brdy- peach yea, good stuff, you are good, at first i wasn't sure but then you were, yea!!! you were really cool too, nice talking to you at dinner

moral of the story is you're all cool and i want to come to washington now, you guys were so funny, freakin loved you all... no homo (except brdy, there is some peach homo between us ;))

Other people

forward- idk if you even remember who i am but when i first heard you talk i was like, who is that, my instincts said peach main for some reason, then found out it was you... i was wrong, but then found out you play peach too i guess, idk, i should have asked to play you... i need to stop being chicken

wobbles+ taj- same about being chicken, i should have asked to play you

alex19- you're not what i was expecting from the boards, idk exactly waht i was expecting but you're cool, fun playing you're fox, didn't get to play much but that's ok

noble (pat)- i wanna meet you next time cause idk who you are

replicate- i don't know when the last time i played you was but i had fun with the few friendlies we had

lovage- you like me but hate peach :( well at least you said you'll play me next time :)

embracethe12- i wanna play you steven, i don't think i really have except random team friendlies with my zelda

emerican- you still **** me but i think i'm getting a little closer, actually got that match off you this time

tofu- i wanna play you... just make sure you aren't doing mm's only, lol, that would be some jacked up ****

sd reaper- fun friendlies, i like playing marth for some reason

sherigami- sorry we didn't team and like i said, it was really a last minute thing, you vs me i think i win just from match up knowledge, idk but we are definately both good, the only thing i hated was playing you first after not playing for a while because it takes me a stock or two to get my hands + controller warmed up and not sweaty, it was happening all day, not just that one match, and it happens often, like at one of the scsa's when i played san diego reaper, first stalk my hands just were bleh... anyway, good to see you, glad you entered, until next time, and we'll team maybe yea? :)

mango- yea for top 3 :D

atlus- montage yea, and i wanna play you too

irvine + connor- same old same old, we always talk

peaches
kouryuu, i had to steal this idea

first off, we all had the best freaking luck at this tourny with stitches and bombs and stuff

alan- you're special and already got it

paul- you're still so cool, idk why but it's always fun hanging and playing with you... even when you camp "i'm not going to camp you... nah just kidding" i wish i didn't take that gigantic break from smash, oh well, us peaches are going to ****

kouryuu- dude, it's fun watching you, i love talking to you at dinner or when it's a bunch of peaches together, soooo much fun, keep going to tournies, it's cool to see you at them

edrees- you're good, teams last round was crazy, that stitch scared the crap out of me, i'm going to learn a lot from you, i can't wait for you to get back to 100%

fabian- agreed with kouryuu, just main peach, she's good

zoap- i shouldn't include you but too late, it's ok you'll never be on my team or anything, and if we ever have to play in tourny i'll let you be blue

TO's

champ + neal- good stuff witht this, and dinner was fun, never really got to meet either one of you, except champ kinda at rina's on friday, and i'll go click ads for you neal

idk who else, but i had fun and yea melee people

dang, moral of the story is i want to play like half of so cal, good stuff, can't wait till there is another big one, maybe one before genisis that isn't washington in case i can't go to it

embracethe12

Smash Lord
speaking of peaches, almost every match i played with a peach, they took out one or more stitch face turnips.
friendlies included.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!

I got mentioned TWICE in a shout out.

Im THAT good.

Good **** Macdizzle.

Zoap

Smash Master
Shoutouts take forever so quick ones.

My truck: You were all awesome thanks for making the ride entertaining and sorry if any of you get sick
Nicks car: Thanks for driving Nick and teaming with me, you guys are too good, and sorry about the phone trebor
Luigi: We owe you big time, the housing was too good and is much appreciated, let me know if you ever need a place to stay in Norcal.
Neal and Champ: Thanks for hosting, the amazing duo is too good at running tournaments.
Mango: You're pretty good and thanks for being so cool. You still lost to BTZO though :)
Hugs: Don't be a ***** and play melee, I mean you got 7th, its not hard to see where ur talent is.
Whatisfear: Still too good, it was great seeing you and catching up. Better be at Genesis
Edrees: Sorry about your car, but see how cool melee is, you should stay and never go back.
Everyone I played: GG's
Socal(The place): I really hate you, there's traffic at midnight, smog all day, bad drivers who constantly run red lights and the only day its clear is when were going home. Not legit.
Socal(The people): You guys are pretty cool, but you need to learn that 7.99 doesnt mean you pay 8.00 for your meal.

Zoap

Smash Master
3 pages back, ****ing noobs.

1. Mango
2. Jeff
3. Zhu
4. Wobbles
5. Lucky
6. Forward
7. Taj
7. Hugs
9. HOMEMADEWAFFLES