• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEC XIII - A Huge Opportunity for the Smash Community!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey guys, GimR here,

Big E, one of the most prominent TOs in the FGC is interested in having smash at NorthEast Championships XIII. NEC is one of the yearly big 5 FGC tournaments along side Evo, Final Round, CEO, and Season's beatings. So, this is a big deal and a big opportunity.

NEC is in Philadelphia which is right in the middle of NJ/NY/MD/VA/Midewest which is a perfect location.

Why is this a good opportunity? NEC is a large event with a LOT of sponsors. Which gives us great exposure. Plus, if Big E decides to have us(VGBootCamp) stream it, and the stream gets great numbers then it will show that the smash community is deserving of sponsors

So, what I need you to do, if you're interested, is post which game(s) you'd enter if Smash was there(Brawl, Melee, PM)

Also, post here that you want to go for smash!(If too many start doing it make sure and just post a comment on one of their threads):

http://www.facebook.com/events/512870628726577/

PS: If we can get smash here and make a good showing he'd probably be interested in putting smash into his other two yearly events(Summer Jam and Winter Brawl) which would another great opportunity for us

AllisBrawl Blog: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=143269

(Some people seem to be having problems seeing the event thread, not really sure what's going on)

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
aww yiss

id go for melee and PM

also your event link isn't working

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
So excited to see this! Hopefully vgbootcamp can beat their record of over 5000ish viewers at once for smash at FC!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
some people are saying they're having problems with the link while others aren't, trying to fix it

there's a big chance that the event can only be seen by people that invited

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
Why is that facebook link not working for me? I want to check it out so badly! D:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wouldn't support a hacked version for a major tournament with sponsors (legality issues and whatnot), but meh, PM breaks every rule about that in the community.

Anyway, I fully support the idea of Smash going to a bigger scenario again.

V-K

Smash Ace
I wouldn't support a hacked version for a major tournament with sponsors (legality issues and whatnot), but meh, PM breaks every rule about that in the community.

Anyway, I fully support the idea of Smash going to a bigger scenario again.
Are mods of a game illegal though?
I mean it doesn't require you to actually hack your Wii, only to put some stuff on the SD Card,

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Are mods of a game illegal though?
I mean it doesn't require you to actually hack your Wii, only to put some stuff on the SD Card,
Either way, what are we telling the FGC if we push for a hack instead of an official release?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's telling them we want to play what we want to play, and that we're dedicated (or obssessed) fans that will take the game into our own hands if needed.

FGC knows about P:M and a bunch of them respect the idea as well as support it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
No, we're saying Smash is bad and people had to tweak it in order to make it enjoyable.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No, we're saying Smash is bad and people had to tweak it in order to make it enjoyable.
I don't know why your saying Smash in general as opposed to just Brawl, which is the game that incited all this in the first place. No one to very few people are claiming that Melee and 64 as bad as well.

Many members of the FGC recognize the intent, though a good amount of them just say, "go back to melee."

Lol you don't see people modding sfxt now do you
No because there isnt a scene for it yet, but I've seen plenty of SFIV mods, granted, they're all for fun, but they exist.

Smash is a different beast than TFG and is handled differently, and both scenes should understand and respect that. :V

Slashy

Smash Lord
In some spirit, that some of Brawl's various rulesets (such as what came out of the BBR-RC) are just applying a different approach to making Brawl a competitively viable game by modifying the winning and losing conditions rather than the mechanics.

Top Bottom