• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need a character

marth_7000

Smash Cadet
idk no who 2 play withim pretty good with every1 n the game but does amy1 have any suggestions

marth_7000

Smash Cadet
he damages his self but i want a versatile char. kinda good all-around not no dang pichu

marth_7000

Smash Cadet
and marth 2 me is kinda over rated hes good dont get me wrong but 2 many ppl play with him

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Juat ignore all of the guys above, there just being idiots. Just go with whoever feels most comfotable, after all... tiers don exits :)

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Jigglypuff.
Originally Posted by MaNg0
seanforwardb (1:26:13 AM): when you land a rest
seanforwardb (1:26:14 AM): you ***

End of discussion.
LMFAO, nuff said.

he damages his self but i want a versatile char. kinda good all-around not no dang pichu
If it's a matter of comfort, then go for Fox. By far the easiest character to just pick up and play.
That title belongs to Shiek and Link. >___>;

Burned. Depends, there is no ALL around character except for Mario..and not even he is perfectly balanced. Whats your fighting style?

Keeping distance? Close ranged fighting? Speed? Raw Power? Uncontrollable speed?

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Tires don exits.

Whoever you like really. Fox and Falco are top tier, Marth, Peach, Sheik, etc. are high tier, Doc, Ganondorf, Jiggs, etc are mid tier, just for reference. But yeah, tires don exits.

Seriously, whichever character you feel like. Just play around with everyone until you find yourself gravitating towards a couple and just focus on those.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Dr. Mario is an all around character, Mario is just plain KO ********. This is me being seriul now, see, this is my seriul face.

Seriously, DocMar is a pretty easy character to get ino the habit of playing. Good speed, plenty of good kill moves, probably the best character for projetile deflecting since most people somehow forget the shine's original purpose, and he's just all around pretty good.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
fox- if you like speed
falco - if your opponent is too good, love projectiles,like combos,or if fox is too fast to handle
marth - cant reach your opponent? marth sword has all your needs
shiek - wanna be best without tech? shiek got everything
c.falcon- if you love combos and speed, and ahem...The Knee

choose your charather *plays SSBM menu song*

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
well im kinda speed and power with a good fair attack
Falcon, although not a great beginner character, a lot of people starting with Falcon can barely land any attacks because they always over shoot. Sheik generally isn't much of a powerhouse but she's got great speed and a deadly fair. Ganondorf is generally considered to be slow but once you get used to working around his slower moves and get in the habit of L-canceling, he's pretty quick and he has the most powerful fair in the game. Dr. Mario has a great fair, he has good speed and priority and some fairly quick and powerful smashes. Bowser has power and a good fair... not so good for speed though... and he sucks. Jigglypuff has a great fair, not very speedy but he/she doesn't really need it. Marth is fast, has a disjointed fair which is good for combos and his forward smash is pretty much his multi-purpose kill move and is really powerful when you hit with the tip. That's about it.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
If I were you, I wouldn't even bother asking who the best character is, theres no way of telling with personal opinions really.

Just go with a character you like, thats it.

If people say he/she sucks then..big deal, theres plenty of people that have become hella good players with them. If your devoted to the practice, then have at it.

mattdude

Smash Rookie
this thread is pure gold

nobody suggested luigi? :( imo i think he's a hard character to be really good at. is that a reasonable conclusion? i've played him my entire smash career and i'm still not great, which is how i come to this conclusion.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
set something up where u play with all the characters and asess how comfortable they are to u, and how well u play with them then choose the best out of the bunch.

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
LINK.....

I think everyone saw that comming.

But seriously, pick one that you feel most comfortable with, or one that you like the best.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
well im kinda speed and power with a good fair attack
Best speed, would belong to Falcon, followed by Fox. As far as overall power goes, they don't have a terrible ammount; Falcon's power move is his knee (a fair move), while Fox has his up-air and upsmash to work for him, as well as also the priority of his nair. (Then there's also shinespiking...)

Best power, would Ganondorf, then Bowser, in that order. Both are slow though, and you're not going to be competitive with Bowser unless you've got mindgames coming out your bum, or are named Gimpyfish; Ganondorf can be played quickly with l-canceling and wavedashing, and his fair is actually relied upon as part of his moveset, but if someone knows how to fight G'Dorf there's not much you can do against them.

Best fair... well, no one truly knows; only recently has a thread on who's fair is the best appeared, and it's not done by far... if you're concerned about characters' fairs, go check it out.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
this thread is pure gold

nobody suggested luigi? :( imo i think he's a hard character to be really good at. is that a reasonable conclusion? i've played him my entire smash career and i'm still not great, which is how i come to this conclusion.
Not for me, I use to main with him.

leefan

Smash Cadet
hey, don't underestimate "the knee"
its actually really powerful

dont listen to that guy up there, roy has teh phire!!

Top Bottom